1979 murder victim still unidentified 30 years later

There are 16 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Nov 9, 2009, titled 1979 murder victim still unidentified 30 years later. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

The Livingston County Sheriff's Department is asking for help identifying a young murder victim from 1979.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

Concerned

Buffalo, NY

#1 Nov 9, 2009
This is an inappropriate graphic for the website. Have you become so de-sensitized to violence in the media that you can't understand this is disturbing to many paople?
Sue in Wayne County

Williamson, NY

#2 Nov 9, 2009
I think it was more of a desperate request from the sheriff's department. How could anyone identify the child unless they see what she looks like?

How sad, she's just a baby, may she rest in peace.
canwejustgetalon g

Penfield, NY

#3 Nov 9, 2009
Concerned wrote:
This is an inappropriate graphic for the website. Have you become so de-sensitized to violence in the media that you can't understand this is disturbing to many paople?
Death IS disturbing! Too many now-a-days think that death is when you "loss the game and have to hit the re-start button".

“Never a Dull Moment”

Since: Nov 09

Somewhere in NY

#4 Nov 9, 2009
canwejustgetalong wrote:
<quoted text>
Death IS disturbing! Too many now-a-days think that death is when you "loss the game and have to hit the re-start button".
Exactly.

Hopefully someone will know who she is. After this much time though, it'll be a miracle if this ever gets solved.
mokondis

Spencerport, NY

#5 Nov 9, 2009
What is disturbing is that to the world this person never existed. She had two parents, possibly bothers and sisters.

Certainly she was not kept hidden for 13 to 19 years. It is sad that the world has not changed much in 30 years.
Ceqynthia

Rochester, NY

#6 Nov 9, 2009
She looks like Melinda Creech, who whent missing 9/04/1979. Melinda was 14 at the time.
Brian

Rochester, NY

#7 Nov 9, 2009
If it was that important to get out, there should be a link to the photo with a warning. There is no need to see that image. TV news still follows a precedent of warning viewers before graphic images are shown, the same should be done on the web.
Sue in Wayne County

Williamson, NY

#8 Nov 9, 2009
Ceqynthia wrote:
She looks like Melinda Creech, who whent missing 9/04/1979. Melinda was 14 at the time.
If you really think you know who she is I hope you contact the Livonia sheriffs!
Pat

Rochester, NY

#9 Nov 9, 2009
I'm curious as to why the Livingston County Sheriff hasn't added this case to the NaMus (National Missing and Unidentified System).

Since: Oct 09

Rochester, NY

#10 Nov 9, 2009
Melinda had blond hair and blue eyes....
tiny

Rochester, NY

#11 Nov 9, 2009
referring to pat's question about being in the national missing unidentified system. she used to be not sure if she is anymore.
Americas Most Wanted Fan

Rochester, NY

#12 Nov 9, 2009
How about John Walsh airing a story about this on America's Most Wanted
Fact

Newark, NY

#13 Nov 10, 2009
Sue in Wayne County wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really think you know who she is I hope you contact the Livonia sheriffs!
Fact: Sue means the Livingston County Sheriffs. Just another case where the educational system in Wayne County has failed us.
customer

Canandaigua, NY

#14 Nov 10, 2009
Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact: Sue means the Livingston County Sheriffs. Just another case where the educational system in Wayne County has failed us.
Ohh so she missed the FIRST FIVE WORDS of the story..... we can't expect her to read everything can we.

all i can say is its a good thing the writer of the story didnt make that mistake because sue would NEVER let them get away with it.
ari

Marion, IL

#15 Sep 8, 2010
hopefully this case along with all the other cases can be solved.

i would like to thank the livingston county sheriff department and all other agencies that have assisted in this case and all other cases.

sincerely
ari
John Q Public

Rochester, NY

#16 Sep 8, 2010
OLD !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caledonia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man charged for stealing veteransa grave markers May 9 scout 2194 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Churchville, NY (Jan '12) May 7 Carla 4
News Supper to raise money for grave markers (Oct '13) Mar '15 bryanflake1984 9
Review: Pittsford Management Inc Mar '15 shauna riccione 1
who is the big blonde guy with the mullet Mar '15 tammy 1
News Cuomo kicks off 'Fight For Fair Pay' campaign i... Mar '15 MAYORDYSASTER 3
News Man arrested, license suspended 20 times Feb '15 BwaHawHawDbag 2
More from around the web

Caledonia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE