Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Judged:

my great grandma lives a block away from witch beulah's home. every time i am there my older sister would say someone is going to eat you. my sister is 18. so yeah she is a joke kind of person. well i havent drove by the house but i have seen weird things.
Laura

Decatur, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

Judged:

I just figured out about witch Beulah. If you have a story please write A message below
TatA

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2011

Judged:

I've heard of Witch Buelah, but my mom hasn't . & She doesn't believe One of these days, she will believe . I promise!

Since: May 11

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Judged:

She was an old lady that suffered from mental illness, her name was marie buskie---she has passed away. No worries unless you believe in ghost witches
Annabelle

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

Judged:

Last night me and two of my friends visited beulahs house for the first time.we walked up to it and got freeked out because it was creepy.we ran down the hill to the car and the car wouldn't start.for about ten minutes we attempted to start the car and nothing would happen.then we heard a loud bang and our car started to shake and started so we took off.then the gas peddle got stuck to the floor as we wer driving.we luckly used the E break to stop.scarriest night ever.I'm never going back.
Jefferson high class 75

Sterling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2011

Annabelle wrote:
Last night me and two of my friends visited beulahs house for the first time.we walked up to it and got freeked out because it was creepy.we ran down the hill to the car and the car wouldn't start.for about ten minutes we attempted to start the car and nothing would happen.then we heard a loud bang and our car started to shake and started so we took off.then the gas peddle got stuck to the floor as we wer driving.we luckly used the E break to stop.scarriest night ever.I'm never going back.
address needed to long ago of visits thanks,Jeff
Winnebago speech

Freeport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2011

Judged:

I am doing a speech on Witch Beulah, her house is down from mine which is now the Perks Ranch. please help me find more information about her. did she hang her kids off the bloods point road bridge?
minners

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2012

Judged:

She was a school teacher & lived off of meridian.... she didn't hang anybody & wasn't a witch. The school house caught on fire & a few kids perished. That's when the cruel "witch"rumors began. Her name wasn't even Beulah & her name is not known. She died @ swedish american & is buried @ greenwood cemetery.
minners

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2012

Judged:

The person that hung his children at bloods point, was Arthur Blood. His children were acquainted with an old woman that was said to be a witch. Crops & animals were dying & rumors were getting back to Arthur Blood, that it was because of his children being around " the witch". He went crazy & hung his kids one by one.
Linda Hamilton

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Witch Beulah, Marie Buskie was a personal friend of mine, and she was not a witch. She was a retired schoolteacher, in fact, she taught my father at Lincoln Park School. I visited her many times at her home. How sad that people tormented her all those years. Shame on all of you. How would you feel if someone did that to someone you cared about? She never married or had any children.Her closest relative was her brother and sister. Well, no one can harass or harm her now. The next time you people hear about an old woman living alone, how about seeing if you can give her a hand and not condemn her. Hell, I thought that the witch trials ended in the 1600s
D Treadman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

I use to work for her brother Richard. No truth to any of the storys about her hanging anyone. It was all a urban legend. She just wanted to be left alone and live out her life. But no one would let her.
Dodsfall

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

I helped remove rocks from her lawn one summer that were thrown at her house and helped clean up the yard a bit. She was a friendly harmless lady, but a little odd. She didn't deserve to be treated so badly.
Erin G

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

i am interested to know of the real witch Beaulah who lived in the area of Bloods Point Road in the mid to late 1800's. not the poor old school teacher or elderly mental ill lady. i am researching for a book i am writing
Vhystnem

Sparta, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Is this the in Randolph County? Near Chester?
Steph

Vilonia, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Linda Hamilton wrote:
Witch Beulah, Marie Buskie was a personal friend of mine, and she was not a witch. She was a retired schoolteacher, in fact, she taught my father at Lincoln Park School. I visited her many times at her home. How sad that people tormented her all those years. Shame on all of you. How would you feel if someone did that to someone you cared about? She never married or had any children.Her closest relative was her brother and sister. Well, no one can harass or harm her now. The next time you people hear about an old woman living alone, how about seeing if you can give her a hand and not condemn her. Hell, I thought that the witch trials ended in the 1600s
I lived in the farm house across the street from her when I was a little girl, in the late 70's. She was an awesome lady. She used to bring me flowers all the time. She was not a witch. Glad to see someone sticking up for her. When we lived there, my parents were always running people off from her house that were harassing her.
betsy

Ravenna, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2014

I was one of many who went to her home to see what it was like. We didn't mean any harm, only wanted to satisfy our curiousity. I have long felt ashamed for it.
frecklez30

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

I'm 37 and I grew up listening to my dad tell stories about witch Beulah and bloods point. Never had anything strange happen to me or seen anything but good to reminisce

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Caledonia Discussions

Search the Caledonia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Norton 48,701
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 17 hr newpoly 3,820
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 17 hr newpoly 1,832
Chemtool Coming to Boone County? (Mar '07) Fri Frank E 7
IL Who do you support for Attorney General in Illi... (Oct '10) Jul 11 rdarbin 641
Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) Jul 9 nOgOd 478
Hannah Montana Email!!!!!!! (Nov '07) Jul 8 tahhlayy93 1,200
•••
•••
•••
Caledonia Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Caledonia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000