|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Kent Daversa wrote:
I dont have a problem with them
Is this the Kent that lived in Delaware?
michael

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2011

Judged:

Rockford has one of the worst if not the worst reputation in the country. It has been run into the ground soley by the people who run the city, and I am sad to say Rockford is my hometown. In my 41 years living here i have seen almost everything from the good old days when business was booming to the gang wars of the 80's and 90's. Businesses made an exodus from downtown to midtown for fear of life and limb. The people who live here are great people but the city government suck! I have personally worked in the past for social service and human service agencies. People need to see and understand that there is a large portion of the city that is trying very hard to move mountains to make things better. Unfortunately Rockford is geographically placed in a location that can get away with a lot of nasty shit. Including prostitution, gangs and drugs. And the city is so content to just look the ither way. The citizens of Rockford just need to pull their heads out of their asses and stop living like its the post WWII era. People here are just too bored and stupid to do anything other than what they have always seen.
Brian S

Woodstock, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

What people do may in fact be there business,
but they make it other peoples business when
they do it in your neighborhood!
Along with prostitution come pimps,drugdealers,
gangbangers,homeless people,drunks,drugusers,
disorderly conduct,and violance!
Not to mention its sad and degrading to see these
girls out there like that.
Its obvious that most of them are drug users, and
thats why they are out there.
It would be more understandable if they were doing it for diapers,food for a child,to pay for a life
threating surgery thats needed or some reasonable
reason, but come on? We ALL KNOW THE DEAL!!!
lynne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2011

Judged:

I happen to b a prosstitue in rockford. It shuld b legal. Wud make the job easier nd safer. I also haappen to b six months drug free. Yes most do it fer da drugs, buht sum of us just need to live nd kant get legal job.
randy

Machesney Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2011

hey lynn,go back to school and get a ged so you can learn to spell,glad you're clean and sober
lynne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2011

Judged:

randy wrote:
hey lynn,go back to school and get a ged so you can learn to spell,glad you're clean and sober
Thanx. Im tryna go bakkk ta skool. Kinda hard wen i hav no papers or ne thing. And thank you for your concern, but I know how to spell. I just type like that because that's how everyone one I know types/talks and its just what I'm used to.
TheonetrueSatan

Belvidere, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2011

Judged:

IseeU wrote:
Recently driving around a part of the city I've never been in before. Just recently oved here and was checking ut differnt parts of th city to try and learn my around. I noticed that there seemed to be alot of women walking the streets around 11th between sandy hollow and broadway and from 11th to kishwaukee around broadway. I could be wrong i mean it is sumer time and people are outside more in the nicer weather but it just put an eerie feeling in my gut. I'm not from around here so I don't know for sure but I didn't know Rockford had a problem with this.
Sorry to say that yes...those were hookers...I feel bad that you have moved here already but you will come to find out that Rockford and the surrounding towns and cities are filled with crimes like drugs,murder,prostitution, and thousands of illegal immigrants and street gangs...there is a stabbing,shooting or gangfight on the news nearly every night and 11th street is a prime area for all of these dirtbags.
TheonetrueSatan

Belvidere, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2011

man all of you guys are gross horn-dogs...Nasty, I have never once paid to get laid and as a matter of fact I never spent more than the price of a movie ticket to hit that ass either..Ya'all must be some grody lookin mofos to be looking forward to Rockford legalizing these nasty hookers.. The ones I see all look like ten miles of hard road and most look like strung out men in drag...hahaha this thread is full of some loser ass mother f'ers!
TheonetrueSatan

Belvidere, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2011

michael wrote:
Rockford has one of the worst if not the worst reputation in the country. It has been run into the ground soley by the people who run the city, and I am sad to say Rockford is my hometown. In my 41 years living here i have seen almost everything from the good old days when business was booming to the gang wars of the 80's and 90's. Businesses made an exodus from downtown to midtown for fear of life and limb. The people who live here are great people but the city government suck! I have personally worked in the past for social service and human service agencies. People need to see and understand that there is a large portion of the city that is trying very hard to move mountains to make things better. Unfortunately Rockford is geographically placed in a location that can get away with a lot of nasty shit. Including prostitution, gangs and drugs. And the city is so content to just look the ither way. The citizens of Rockford just need to pull their heads out of their asses and stop living like its the post WWII era. People here are just too bored and stupid to do anything other than what they have always seen.
I think you hit the nail on the head there..
to Michael A

Fredericktown, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

Judged:

hows your wife look? might wanna hook up with her!!
ISeeU

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

lynne wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanx. Im tryna go bakkk ta skool. Kinda hard wen i hav no papers or ne thing. And thank you for your concern, but I know how to spell. I just type like that because that's how everyone one I know types/talks and its just what I'm used to.

Lynne, it's gr8 that you are drug free now. Congratulations! I'm also glad 2 hear that UR trying 2 go back 2 school.
I think the solution is not the legalizing of prostitution but having some sort of program to to help these women to get back into society. Help to get off drugs, education, help finding a job, help getting papers (ID, Birth Cert, etc...) There doesn't seem to be any programs like this in Rockford. Why is it that most prostitutes don't have papers anyway? Have you tried The MELD over on Riverside or any church programs?
Tiawan R Walker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Its true. If youre coming from any where into the specific areas. Broadway mainly. You might run into women that are walking just to get out. You ll get some if shes working.
whatzup

Dubuque, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

lynne wrote:
I happen to b a prosstitue in rockford. It shuld b legal. Wud make the job easier nd safer. I also haappen to b six months drug free. Yes most do it fer da drugs, buht sum of us just need to live nd kant get legal job.
where do hook at or how do i get a hold of ya

Since: Aug 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

I haven't lived here very long. About 2 years. I live in that area and if you mind your own business your not bothered. People are going to do what it takes to get what they want. It don't matter if its selling themselves, drugs or running with the gangs.
Timmy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Mizz b your nuts. You watch too many movies. The girls on the streets don't have pimps. They are crack heads sucking dick for crack or heroin money. If they did their pimps would be smacking the shit outa them for not showering of fuxing tiger hair. And the ones with pimps work off websites backpage etc. and cell phones and look good, have regular customers etc.
WhtBoyBig9

Troy, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Lynne what do you look like?
done it stupid me

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

They are good for shit drug users robbers and more

Since: Mar 13

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

lol i remember driving through the city one night and having a couple black girls (most definitely prostitutes) wave at me & attempt to look sexy.. i was like "WTF?? do they just go do this shit to every car they see with a dude driving it?"
Livedit

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Every Prostitute I know only continues to prostitute because it is easy money and you can smoke as much crack as you desire. Oh I don't want to forget the heroin usage. If men would quit soliciting prostitutes drug usage would surely go down and possibly start to illuminate the dealers around here as well. So I guess we have a wonderful chain going on here. Men with money supply drug addicts which keep the drug dealers rolling in the money. I feel Rockford is putting the wrong people away first. Oh and to the guys that think getting married is legal prostitution at least you aren't supplying her with money to ruin her life. You are supplying her with things that you think will make her happy and why any man thinks money is the way to the heart doesn't know how to make a woman happy at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caledonia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 21 min KiMare 49,445
Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) 2 hr nOgOd 693
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 10 hr newpoly 1,901
Police: Suspect Tried To Strangle Woman (Mar '08) Wed Confused 167
Internet Providers -- who is good / who is not Wed comcast sux 1
Mike Brown. and the New York Times. Tue lineworker 1
Reds Bar (Mar '11) Tue Customer 8
•••
•••
•••

Caledonia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000