Harassment by Rockdale Police Department
Just Passin Through

Corpus Christi, TX

#22 Jul 13, 2012
A friend of mine, Timmy, was driving through Rockdale and was detained for a speeding ticket. Just before the officer finished writing the ticket, Timmy was asked if they could search his car. He declined the search. The officer then called the K-9 unit (who was at home celebrating his birthday). Timmy had to wait for the K-9 unit which did not do a search around the vehicle. The dog was allowed into the car. Timmy asked the officer why they called the K-9 unit. He was told it was because he refused to have his car searched. The dog found no evidence of anything illegal. I am not familiar with Rockdale but am concerned that the police do not respect or uphold persons fourth amendment rights.
Larry H

Houston, TX

#23 Jul 16, 2012
Hello everyone. I have spent the past few minutes reading the comments and surprise surprise, none of it surprises me. I created a site to address situations such as these head on. RealGovt.com . You put the officers name down or any government employee and write about your experience with them. I created this site to provide accountability to people that work for the government and collect a paycheck funded by taxpayers. Hope everyone checks it out and maybe one day it will help you or someone you know out. Thanks.
hard wkr

Austin, TX

#24 Aug 10, 2012
I have been in Milam Co. for approximately 9 years and have seen the individuals living here and in Rockdale, Tx. Every town has someone that feels they were unjustly punished for something THEY DID and got caught. Wish everyone would learn to act civil and learn to get along. Plus you have the ones who play the system (Lone Star Card, WIC....etc.)because you are to lazy to actually get a real job (dope dealer)and you drive a Cadillac or you learn to keep your legs closed. If you really want to know something first hand ask about it or go to the Sheriff/Chief whereever your at and quit being chicken sh#t and posting messages on something you again did wrong and want to bitch about it. I have been her 9 years and have been stopped once by MCSO and he was courteous and polite. The bottom line is no one is above the law and Police, Sheriffs, Constables and DPS have a job to do and don't get paid the money they should for defending your but or putting their life one the line and losing their family.
Big trucker

Dallas, TX

#25 Oct 27, 2012
Rockville Police are the most corrupt people I've ever seen just a couple of days ago I was pulled over buy Rockville Police and was accused of speeding in a school zone there were no flashing lights indicating to go 35 MPH there were several cars in front of me on side of me and behind me all of us were going about the same speed which was about 55 mph once I was pulled over do usual routine was done I gave him my license registration and insurance 10 minutes after Rockdale police pulled me over what state trooper came in behind you once they were together they had a plot to bring me down I was asked by the state trooper what am I doing in Rockdale I explain the officer it was the shortest route to where I was going the officer asked if he had the permission to search my vehicle I gave consent and both the state trooper in Rockville Police proceeded to search my vehicle I was told to sit behind the truck 63 feet from the front of the truck 45 minutes into the search of the cab of my truck Rockdale officer came to me and said he found marijuana residue in my truck he also an when was the last time I smoke I told the officer I haven't had anything to smoke so he comes again and asked what about the residue we found in your truck I told the office so I have no idea about any residue in my vehicle to make a long story short I was searched given 2 tickets in a citation for something I never hey not only does this look bad on a record but it also looks bad for my employers I was accused of having drug paraphernalia beer and marijuana residue inside of my truck I had no beer I found no marijuana residue and the only thing that they can consider and drug paraphernalia what to pack a rolling papers and a cigar pack but on my citation the DOT Officer put that I had beer marijuana residue and rolling papers on my truck I was accused of more things then the laws should allow what burns me is that they tried to make me confess to a crime that didn't exist at that moment so the only way to get me what to make something up they couldn't arrest me because they had no evidence of what they were accusing me up and without a confession they had to let me go but not without giving me tickets to make it look as if I had something I didn't half law enforcement in Rockdale are truly corrupt people and I thank God for the person who started this your site so we can express how we feel about that Indian black people Hispanic people stay out Rockdale they are more than just corrupt there prejudice
Rich

Moody, TX

#26 Mar 13, 2013
Ok people nothing will change if Thomas Harris is not fired, to bad the city counsel stands behind the crupption. First thing is ROCKDALE Police Dep. has a point system for traffic citations which is very illegal and needs to be reported that is part of the reason no one in Rockdale can drive a car without going to jail. Crack is so bad in Rockdale but the police will do nothing because that is the only thing that keeps the crooks paying they're tickets and not rotting in jail. Please people Harris and Newlin need to go along with the way things are ran here. City counsel put some money into the town and less in your pockets!
lol

Lampasas, TX

#27 Mar 15, 2013
If u do wrong there is consequences its funny when you need yhe police they are there and good guys but when you are doing wrong and get caught you start being a [email protected] cry baby and trying to make it look like everyone else is the bad guy. grow the [email protected] up. If yall only knew what dumbasses the cops have to deal everyday and how much bullshit they have to listen to you would look at them with respect.
Rich

New York, NY

#28 Mar 19, 2013
this is sad!!!!!
Cat

Austin, TX

#29 Mar 22, 2013
I'm from Austin 8/2009 & I was going thru Rockdale at 7am to get to I 20. I got a speeding ticket in the little speed trap going 45 in a 30. I went to court, they initially gave me 90 probation. Next thing I know I was being asked back to court saying I had to pay speeding fine of over $200! I was like no, you told me in court I had 90 probation and my record would be cleared. They said . " sorry we have no record of that transcript " I was pissed to say the least!! What could I do but take their BS! So I paid the fine in installments into 2010. I am now getting a letter saying I didn't pay my fine "late fee of $25" and now have a warrant unless I pay $142 to some law firm representing them. I called the Rockdale Court and she said they sent me notification of $25 balance. No.. They did not! It's 3 yrs later and now I owe $142! I asked the law firm what Rockdales cut was.. Of course .. No comment. I requested a copy of the supposed letter they sent stating I had $25 balance and the lady at courthouse said the police dept sends them out.. BS! She has a copy of every other letter regarding my file. I told law firm I'm not paying and they can arrest me for $25!! I will be filing a complaint against them in Austin.
Cat

Austin, TX

#30 Mar 22, 2013
Oh yeah & had my 6 yr old son with me driving to SC to visit family for vacation.
Cat

Austin, TX

#31 Mar 22, 2013
Sam wrote:
The first question is, YES
Second, NO
Third, Unknow
Fourth, NO
Fifth, YES
Most of them are all Corrupt.
Come on people stand together.
Ditto!!'n
lol

United States

#32 Mar 23, 2013
45 in a 30 is not like you where going 5 miles over it was 15 and seeing you had your aon you shouldve been going speed limit for safety. Ive gotting a letter like that from another town same reason and they did the same crap to me but i did the same thing i didnt pay it but thats the court house not police department they just issue the tickets out
Cat wrote:
I'm from Austin 8/2009 & I was going thru Rockdale at 7am to get to I 20. I got a speeding ticket in the little speed trap going 45 in a 30. I went to court, they initially gave me 90 probation. Next thing I know I was being asked back to court saying I had to pay speeding fine of over $200! I was like no, you told me in court I had 90 probation and my record would be cleared. They said . " sorry we have no record of that transcript " I was pissed to say the least!! What could I do but take their BS! So I paid the fine in installments into 2010. I am now getting a letter saying I didn't pay my fine "late fee of $25" and now have a warrant unless I pay $142 to some law firm representing them. I called the Rockdale Court and she said they sent me notification of $25 balance. No.. They did not! It's 3 yrs later and now I owe $142! I asked the law firm what Rockdales cut was.. Of course .. No comment. I requested a copy of the supposed letter they sent stating I had $25 balance and the lady at courthouse said the police dept sends them out.. BS! She has a copy of every other letter regarding my file. I told law firm I'm not paying and they can arrest me for $25!! I will be filing a complaint against them in Austin.
Chasbeau

Guadalajara, Mexico

#33 Apr 26, 2013
I've known Thomas Harris and J.D. Newlin for almost 20 years and they are good honest people. Judging by the quality of most of the comments on this thread, they've been dealing with some really ignorant residents who want people to believe there's only one side to a story and a bunch of out-of-town wankers who can't stand the thought of getting caught breaking the law.

As for TeaBarky, his budgets are directly responsible for the disgusting condition of our county roads and bridges. He also got one of the biggest idiots in Milam Co., Don Culp, appointed to the MCAD.

First, you people need to go back to school and learn how to write, then you need to educate yourselves about what really goes on in Rockdale and Milam County.
Hahahha

Haslet, TX

#34 May 23, 2013
Good people hahahahahaha are you one of the ones that sends in a donation every year to keep from getting arrested or getting tickets............
concerned

United States

#35 May 23, 2013
Well I have read the post and its a good thing that names are not mentioned on here because these post would tell me if names were mentioned who lining pockets and who would be going to jail.
concerned

United States

#36 May 23, 2013
Hahahha wrote:
Good people hahahahahaha are you one of the ones that sends in a donation every year to keep from getting arrested or getting tickets..........
Do you know what really deserves a hahahahahahaha? The fact that this person thinks that a town of residents and out of town people are ALL ignorant but he/she is the smart one. Sure do hope he/she runs out of money quickly so he/she eyes can open wide. If this ever happens I willing to bet he/she would be wishing they were in Mexico.
concerned

Dallas, TX

#37 May 28, 2013
My girlfriend has been harrassed by officer cooper for the last year and a half, on multiple occasions he has been witnessed to pass her car turn around and follow her, there was a complaint about some money orders made six months ago which as soon as officer cooper found out both parties knew my girlfriend he tried to turn this complaint into criminal charges against my girlfriend when both parties even stated she had nothing to do with it. A formal complaint was made to chief thomas harris on the harrasment and all he did was shrug and said" whatam i gonna do about it" since then we have contacted austin news,texas rangers but to no avail.
Secert Agent

Austin, TX

#38 Feb 21, 2014
Yes, the stories about Rockdale, Texas are truth about the police corruption. It's destroying the housing market here;nobody wants to move here.
The chief needs be booted out and brought of charges!
It's cowds like this that are destroying this country!!
Get this criminal out of this town it's only going to get worse!!
Fix Milam County!!

Secert Agent

Austin, TX

#40 Feb 21, 2014
concerned wrote:
My girlfriend has been harrassed by officer cooper for the last year and a half, on multiple occasions he has been witnessed to pass her car turn around and follow her, there was a complaint about some money orders made six months ago which as soon as officer cooper found out both parties knew my girlfriend he tried to turn this complaint into criminal charges against my girlfriend when both parties even stated she had nothing to do with it. A formal complaint was made to chief thomas harris on the harrasment and all he did was shrug and said" whatam i gonna do about it" since then we have contacted austin news,texas rangers but to no avail.
Office Cooper, is also well known to make false statements on the police reports. Watch him carefully!!! Be very care full!!!
YoungOldGuy

United States

#41 Feb 26, 2014
I have noticed a lot of Rockdale police officers speeding through red lights, flipping their lights on for a brief moment, then shutting them off. I personally have only had one odd encounter. I was leaving a friends house after a get-together. I was in an older vehicle that haha a few quirks, mainly a sensor problem that resets after the vehicle warms up, and an old transmission. So, I let the truck warm up and run the gearshift up and down the column to circulate the fluid, cut my blinker on when a vehicle is coming, then realize that the vehicle is stopped to where I cannot pull off the curb. So I turn my blinker off, and boom, cop throws his lights in after preventing me from pulling out! After a barrage of questions and most likely waking up my friend's whole family, he scowls at me and burns off! I'm now frequently followed in all of my vehicles, usually to the city limits, and often have cops riding my bumper, I guess in an attempt to get me to speed.

Protect and Serve...
But who are they protecting and serving?
BadgeofHope

Taylor, TX

#42 Feb 26, 2014
Few things to note here: Officer Cooper no longer is employed at Rockdale Police Dept. Also when you see Officers flip their lights on briefly and pass traffic or lights its b/c of a call they are headed to. Not b/c they are being rude or w/e else people may think. Not all calls for Police require lights and sirens like you see in TV but instead short burst of sirens and lights yes.

There are all new Officers mostly who are making a change from what ive seen. So lets hope for the best people it doesnt help by hanging on to the once old crowd of Officers who used to work there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caldwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Frank Hartleys Station Jun '16 jason 2
Timothy Timen Burns (Dec '14) Jun '16 truth 8
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun '16 robert 994
Beaver Creek... (Aug '11) Feb '16 Concerned 5
Looking for information about my 1st cousin, Ar... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Jeannie Brymer Cook 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Texas (Dis... (Oct '10) Oct '15 anon 18
who (Aug '15) Aug '15 friend 1

Caldwell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Caldwell Mortgages