Kolache Festival still on

Sep 12, 2008 Full story: Theeagle.com 8

Burleson County authorities said Thursday afternoon that the Kolache Festival still is on despite the threat of Hurricane Ike, although it will be a scaled-down version.

Read more
Sandy

United States

#1 Sep 13, 2008
I was told by one of the committee members that they didn't cancel or reschedule it because they didn't want to be forced to refund the fees to the vendors. They have already paid for all the advertising and extras. That's a shame that the vendors have to take the responsibility for natures fury.
No one in their right mind is going to try to set up a tent in 50+ mph winds with 90 mph gusts and they know that.
I wouldn't mind saying keep my fees because I know it cost Caldwell a lot to promote the festival, but at least give us the option to say yes, please keep it.. I would have.. I love this Town.
Henry

Victoria, TX

#2 Sep 13, 2008
SOME REFUSE TO EVACUATE AS HURRICANE IKE CLOSES IN!

(Bernard Ryclik, Kolache Festival Chairman
Weldon Peters, Burleson Co. Chamber of Commerce President )

How irresponsible is that! Is this the Czech culture...to put money before people?

Yes, it costs Caldwell a lot...but to put ALL of the costs on the participants is unfair and unCzech. This will leave a real sour and rotten taste of Kolaches in Caldwell if the right thing is not done! I call on Caldweel to Refund half or credit half to next years fees!
vendor also

San Antonio, TX

#3 Sep 13, 2008
Sandy wrote:
I was told by one of the committee members that they didn't cancel or reschedule it because they didn't want to be forced to refund the fees to the vendors. They have already paid for all the advertising and extras. That's a shame that the vendors have to take the responsibility for natures fury.
No one in their right mind is going to try to set up a tent in 50+ mph winds with 90 mph gusts and they know that.
I wouldn't mind saying keep my fees because I know it cost Caldwell a lot to promote the festival, but at least give us the option to say yes, please keep it.. I would have.. I love this Town.
I agree
if they do not want to refund the money I understand that but they should not make people feel that they should put there lifes at stake to come to a show and set up. They should put our money towards next year and show that they have some kind of heart or understanding. It is not like a normal storm this is not just an act of nature it is greater than that. They cancelled everything BUT the craft show. That is just not right.
vendor also

San Antonio, TX

#4 Sep 13, 2008
My brother in law live 15 min from there and he said they were being told to stay indoors. He even told us not to bring his daughter to see him because it was supposed to get real bad. We spoke to him this morning and he said the storm was very bad and the winds were extremly bad. Not safe for anyone to be outdoors.
homeless vet

United States

#5 Sep 13, 2008
vendor also wrote:
My brother in law live 15 min from there and he said they were being told to stay indoors. He even told us not to bring his daughter to see him because it was supposed to get real bad. We spoke to him this morning and he said the storm was very bad and the winds were extremly bad. Not safe for anyone to be outdoors.
Homeless vet out of gas ,out of money, no shelter for an out of towner what kind of town is this?
what is a kolache is it a way to help people?
homeless vet

United States

#6 Sep 13, 2008
Henry wrote:
SOME REFUSE TO EVACUATE AS HURRICANE IKE CLOSES IN!
(Bernard Ryclik, Kolache Festival Chairman
Weldon Peters, Burleson Co. Chamber of Commerce President )
How irresponsible is that! Is this the Czech culture...to put money before people?
Yes, it costs Caldwell a lot...but to put ALL of the costs on the participants is unfair and unCzech. This will leave a real sour and rotten taste of Kolaches in Caldwell if the right thing is not done! I call on Caldweel to Refund half or credit half to next years fees!
What can you do for me I am at the wallmart parking lot
.
brbruce

United States

#7 Sep 13, 2008
I am in a white van and will look for you 11:35 am. brbruce

Since: Sep 08

United States

#8 Sep 13, 2008
Found him and he is on his way .
To GOD be the GLORY. brbruce

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caldwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: RAM Optical Mar 18 alliekat59 1
News Hearne Cleans Up (Jan '06) Mar 6 Apathy 10
Harassment by Rockdale Police Department (Sep '10) Feb '15 moving along 49
Timothy Timen Burns is a weasel Feb '15 I love Tim Tim 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb '15 Ronin Kannushi 778
Caldwell, TX and Surrounding areas Feb '15 RLWarren 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb '15 Farts 614
Caldwell Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Caldwell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]