United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Judged:

Harris strikes a great balance between cop and politician. Its a safe community with a good group of police officers who either have found the size city they want or are eager to do a great job and then move on to a larger agency.

Hes done great. Leave him be.
Rockdale Tx

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2010

Judged:

First thing; how can you talk about a chief of police in a town that you don't live in! Second, Off. Steinbecker was a great cop and she was forced to resign or transfer. Why? When a drug user is arrested in Rockdale, if they tell the police about the drug dealer and are released within an hour. Within the next five years, all the good citizens will have moved out of Rockdale and all will be left is "crackheads" and "streetwalkers". Off. S.A. Smith is going to "RUIN" this town. He has been reported for driving through town with his lights off at night and running stop signs and when he finds out, the person is arrested! He has arrested several people on the porch of their homes. Law inforcement is supposed to "PROTECT AND SERVE". That is not what they do here in Rockdale. They only protect and serve people of wealth.
The Truth

Rockdale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

What do you expect? Its the worst town in the county and it is slowly dying. Take what you can get.
need a new chief

Rockdale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2010

Judged:

I totally agree we do need a new police chief and police officers in rockdale,tx. There are certain people that are protected from justice. They can harass and intaginize on a daily bases.Its pretty bad when your own police department laughs in your face. Has any one ever heard of police officers that stalk you?
rockdales problem

Rockdale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2010

Judged:

We have lived in rockdale,tx for 5 years we moved into what we thought was a pretty nice neighborhood. We have never had a problem with neighbors or the police until we moved in. I have had terroristic threats from a neighbor I dont hardly know, he has threathened to "kick my A", "kill my pets", " called me a B" and "flipped me off" when I called the police, I told them what happened and the neighbors lied and the others that witnessed the threats lied for him.We went to the police station to file charges on this neighbor and the officer that wasnt even on duty yet threathened to arrest my husband if we try to press charges.Two weeks after the threats I was missing my pets. We also reported the neighbors threatened to dent my car, the police laughed along with the neighbors. We have had continuous harassment from these neighbors. They have gone so far as to get my husband fired from his job. I later found out they wanted to break us financially and get us out of the neighborhood. The neighbors antaginize and harrass us then call the police, when we explain whats going on we are considered the criminal. I have a old car that sits in MY driveway,not on the street but in my driveway the property I pay taxes on, the police dont like it when we would call for their help they would put an abandoned sticker on my car and threathened to fine it but this would only happen if I called the police for help. We have no protection and the neighbors know it and they keep up the harrassment.We have had the rockdale police stalk us, follow us around town and hide in businesses driveways to see where we are going.We have had another neighbor tryed to run us over in our own yard, a rockdale police officer came upon the act,we thought for sure the neighbor would be arrested,the officer only talked to him. We know there are other rockdale residents that are done the same way, but no one wants to speak out. Only the wealthy,influential get help from the police department. Oh yes we need a new chief!!!!
Pootie q

Rockdale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

Judged:

Dang what neighborhood do you live in? I wanna be sure to stay away from there!!
rockdale problem

Rockdale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

Its not just the neighborhood but also the rockdale police that allow this to happen. We feel like the police are the part of the problem. Arent police suppose to resolve the problem? These cops sure dont!.. and what's so funny when there is a problem the same officer responds. The neighbors will quite down for about 8-9 months and then start up again then call the police that we starting things. As we see it, be part of the solution not part of the problem. What's also so weird there is only 4 houses that have a problem with us living here, the rest of the neighborhood is fine. But these 4 will congregate together in each others yard to see how to handle us. To me this is mob mantality and the cops know this,they do nothing and don't care. The chief knows what is going on and does nothing. How these people feel about us, its not dislike its jealousy and hatred thats what we believe and thats how they are acting! This has been going on for a long while but its just been getting worse over the past year,but if you were to talk to these folks we are the enemy.We know they have been telling other neighbors about us and have ruined our good name. Why, we dont know? We have thought over the last three years, we have lived here, what we could have done to deserve this type of treatment. We still haven't come up with an answer.
Pootie q

Rockdale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2010

Judged:

You have not answered my question. I cannot help the problem if I don't even really know what it is, what part of town you are referring to ot any of that. I personally know mr and mrs Harris as well as a couple of the city council members (although I am not one of them, far from it) and I also hate to see people picked on and made to feel like they are second class citizens for any reason including their not being as wealthy as some of these folks would like you to believe they are. The truth is that many of them have lots of stuff and not much else except for debt up to their eyeballs. Not much to crow about if you ask me. I can have the ear of at least one or two council members, but I wouldn't be able to say much if I don't know what I'm talking about, or at least a clue . . .
rockdale problem

Rockdale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

Judged:

Thanks Pootie q, but we have went through the higher ups and telling where we live will only add fuel to our ongoing fire. I have written my piece cause I want folks to know what is happening. We have talked until we are blue in the face. We have no confidence in either of the two who you mentioned. This is very unfortunate. We appreciate your offer to help.
Pootie q

Rockdale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2010

Judged:

Yeah I understand that you must be quite frustrated and I can understand your hesitation to say anything since this has only resulted in misery so far. I am hoping that you do not have children in the school here because the very same mindset (and people for that matter) seems to prevail in that atmosphere. I don't have any kids in school there, but from the sidelines I have watched as the children of "upstanding citizens" raise Caine, drink like fish, sleep around and drive like maniacs and the school administration will either turn a blind eye or make lame excuses as does the local law enforcement. Nobody is really doing these kids a favor by throwing big drunk parties for them while saying "I let them and their friends drink at home to keep them safe" "I take away their keys" blah blah blah. They just don't want to do the hard job of being a real parent. It is easier and apparently more fun as well to just give them whatever they want and be their "friends" and be the "cool" parents. And have you ever seen how some of these daughters of these "upstanding" citizens are dressed? Holy cow, they look like hookers!!
What are the parents thinking? I guess letting them walk out of the house looking like a streetwalker beats telling them no and making them go back and change their clothes. Oh well, the more I say about it, the more I feel your frustration and I totally understand your reluctance to say anything else.
rockdale problem

Rockdale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Pootie q,I agree with you. What I would like to know why is there so many suicides in the rockdale school? I can almost answer that. Because of the Bullying that goes on. Parents, teachers and school administrators don't want to address this problem. I guess they think it's all part of survival of the fittest, they can only blame themselves for how these bullied children will psychologically grow. I believe strongly that is the problem in my neighborhood, the folks that are harassing us were once bullys and got away with it in school and continued to bully people when then are adults.
You say you know some of the rockdale city counsel members. We think that there should be a city ordinance- children should not be playing on the streets. We have many children playing on our street and almost getting hit by motorist driving through, and the parents don't supervise. That is what yards are for and city parks. If you would please pass this to the counsel members. Something has to be done before a child is badly injured.
Pootie q

Rockdale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

I agree about the kids playing on the street, what are the parents thinking? I have driven through neighborhoods where tiny kids (no more than 3 or 4?years old) are all on the street and when you drive through , they shout, curse and throw stuff at you. I guess they are being supervised by their 7 or 8 year old brother, because no adults are seen anywhere nearby. These are literally babies and they are already learning to act like tiny little thugs. These "parents" and I do use that term loosely, will be the first in line to sue your ass off, though if one of their children were to be injured. It's sad what is passing for parenting these days ...too bad history has proven time and again that you can't legislate morality. These kids are going to grow up and let their own kids play in the street, harass people and act like thugs, just as they did and so on it goes. We are now several generations deep in sorry, no working, welfare sucking, government ruining lowlife "disabled" folks that we do and will continue to support with the taxes we struggle to pay. With the people in the house and senate right now, it is only going yo get worse. Obama at the helm has caused the gap between the races to be wider than it has since before the civil war.
rockdale problem

Rockdale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2010

Pootie Q,

I don't know if ever listened to a kind of information talk show about everything that is happening in society today, but its the

Alex Jones show or look under Infowars.com
kittykat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2010

Yeap, seen and experienced some of the same problems as you.What happened to the word PEACE officer? That means making peace not adding fuel or preying on the innocent. And I also have seen a number of really small children in the road. Its so sad there is no justice that is honest and real. And I am a law abiding citizen.
rockdale problem

Rockdale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

Judged:

Kittykat, its sad to see that good,innocent people are being treated like criminals but it is also in a sense good, that others are speaking out about this problem. I wish more rockdale folks that are being treated badly by the rockdale police would speak out maybe we could change things in this town. We don't even think of the rockdale police department as our peace officers, we turn to other law enforcement for help and advice. We have to talked to several people that don't rely on the rockdale police department for justice.
You know that there is something wrong when a police officer will laugh and joke with the people you have called them on. There is favortism and partiality in this town and if you don't have influential people backing you, you don't get justice.
We were hoping with the election of a new mayor in rockdale that there would be a new police chief.
This town will never have justice when you have bullys protecting bullys.
undertaker

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

I was born and raised in Rockdale and moved away years ago. When I moved the town was alive and well . Now when I come down its like going back in time. Crackheads are running every were and dont seem to care about the police .Whats going on in my home town
rockdale problem

Rockdale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Judged:

Well this town hasn't realized yet that Alcoa has closed and the big money isn't pouring into this town and supporting it any more. Folks are moving out of rockdale because there is nothing here. Property taxes are being raised, for what a new baseball field? Maybe another school? If your gonna raise taxes put the money where it is needed to improve this town. The city water looks like urine when you open up the tap. Put new water lines. Get a whole new police force, cause these guys don't protect and serve. There is so much that this town needs, and yes drug problem still exist. That should tell you something right there.
rockdale problem

Rockdale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Judged:

Just read the local rockdale newspaper and I lately started to read the editiorial section. Sound like the mayor is finely seeing and hearing what folks think of this town. The mayor and counsel wrote a quite lenghty column on how they plan to better this town and how rockdale folks can help. They want to start by having businesses and resident repair and cleanup their property. Well, I agree to an extent, but some of these businesses have to start first. I drive down 79 going toward milano and there is a business that looks like it should have been condemned because of the unsightly condition of the building and the trash outside. Also there needs to be an ordinance on house and travel trailers being parked inside city limits. rockdale looks trashy . Another thing the mayor and counsel was saying is folks should have a better,positive attitude about rockdale. First, you get rid of this favortism with certain businesses and long time residents that have lived here and you may start to see a change. They were saying also that there will be a rockdale website to be assist rockdale residents and out of town folks. The mayor and counsel can paint this town gold but if you don't get rid of the "I'm above you attitude" this town will never grow.Get a new police chief to start with, a whole new police force that don't favor the inside crowd and thats just the start. No rockdale will never be better, there is too many loose cannons running the show.
Sam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2010

Judged:

rockdales problem wrote:
We have lived in rockdale,tx for 5 years we moved into what we thought was a pretty nice neighborhood. We have never had a problem with neighbors or the police until we moved in. I have had terroristic threats from a neighbor I dont hardly know, he has threathened to "kick my A", "kill my pets", " called me a B" and "flipped me off" when I called the police, I told them what happened and the neighbors lied and the others that witnessed the threats lied for him.We went to the police station to file charges on this neighbor and the officer that wasnt even on duty yet threathened to arrest my husband if we try to press charges.Two weeks after the threats I was missing my pets. We also reported the neighbors threatened to dent my car, the police laughed along with the neighbors. We have had continuous harassment from these neighbors. They have gone so far as to get my husband fired from his job. I later found out they wanted to break us financially and get us out of the neighborhood. The neighbors antaginize and harrass us then call the police, when we explain whats going on we are considered the criminal. I have a old car that sits in MY driveway,not on the street but in my driveway the property I pay taxes on, the police dont like it when we would call for their help they would put an abandoned sticker on my car and threathened to fine it but this would only happen if I called the police for help. We have no protection and the neighbors know it and they keep up the harrassment.We have had the rockdale police stalk us, follow us around town and hide in businesses driveways to see where we are going.We have had another neighbor tryed to run us over in our own yard, a rockdale police officer came upon the act,we thought for sure the neighbor would be arrested,the officer only talked to him. We know there are other rockdale residents that are done the same way, but no one wants to speak out. Only the wealthy,influential get help from the police department. Oh yes we need a new chief!!!!
People need to stand up and fight back. Come together, Rally in front of the Police Office, with signs. Call the media, get it on the news. Because we to have talked to Mr Thomas about his corrupt Police Officers. And he does nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of44
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Caldwell Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Caldwell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••