Court: Noble County sheriff can't be ...

Court: Noble County sheriff can't be on ballot

There are 9 comments on the DispatchPolitics story from Mar 25, 2010, titled Court: Noble County sheriff can't be on ballot. In it, DispatchPolitics reports that:

Noble County Sheriff Stephen Hannum will not appear on the May primary ballot after the Ohio Supreme Court ruled that he does not meet the requirements to run for the office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at DispatchPolitics.

Gary Bman

United States

#1 Mar 25, 2010
How much "supervisor" training do you need in Noble county? If he was their best choice as a replacement there must not be too many depputies?
Frank Furter

Powell, OH

#2 Mar 25, 2010
...and you can't spell....
Gary Bman wrote:
How much "supervisor" training do you need in Noble county? If he was their best choice as a replacement there must not be too many depputies?
Sheriff Roscoe Coltrain

Columbus, OH

#3 Mar 25, 2010
So legally they should not have appointed him Sheriff and any actions he has taken as Sheriff may not be legal.
I think he has to be removed from office or county could face a lawsuit from any idiot he has ordered arrested or any legl papers he has signed inc Sheriff's Sales etc.
Bob

United States

#4 Mar 25, 2010
A county sheriff is nothing but a politician. They are only required, by law, to run a jail and serve court papers.
amen

Sugar Grove, OH

#5 Mar 25, 2010
Sheriff Roscoe Coltrain wrote:
So legally they should not have appointed him Sheriff and any actions he has taken as Sheriff may not be legal.
I think he has to be removed from office or county could face a lawsuit from any idiot he has ordered arrested or any legl papers he has signed inc Sheriff's Sales etc.
Amen at least someone gets it.!!!!!!!!
Gary Bman

United States

#6 Mar 25, 2010
Frank Furter wrote:
...and you can't spell....
<quoted text>
yep, one too many "p"'s. Good catch Editor Frank
UAW worker

Longwood, FL

#7 Mar 25, 2010
Boss Hogg will be extremely happy with this one.
Jon H

Columbus, OH

#8 Mar 25, 2010
Jason Mackie for Noble County Sheriff!!!!!!

MACKIE...MACKIE...MACKIE....
Sarah Hupp

United States

#9 Mar 26, 2010
all you guys can diss hannum all you want.... i dont believe any of the accusations put on him.... i like having hannum as sheriff.... hes the nicest one ive met since being in noble county

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caldwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carla clark Jun 13 Ashley 1
Teresa Berry (Dec '15) May 26 Hymenpopper 2
Cheif Mark Sams (Dec '12) May '16 Ruserious 3
Best all-round 3 sport athlete ever at Fort Frye? (Dec '15) Mar '16 Svine 3
ISIS headed 'Down on the Crick' (Jun '15) Mar '16 Svine 2
Man shot in Beverly recently??? (Mar '10) Dec '15 Man with questions 15
Bryan Bell (Dec '15) Dec '15 Zola 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Caldwell Mortgages