Sheriff Smith resigns, faces charges

Sheriff Smith resigns, faces charges

There are 2 comments on the story from May 24, 2009, titled Sheriff Smith resigns, faces charges. In it, reports that:

Noble County Sheriff Landon T. Smith surrendered the title of second-longest serving sheriff in Ohio Friday when he submitted his resignation to county commissioners just after 2 p.m. Smith's resignation, as well as that of his wife, Peggy, a deputy with the Noble County Sheriff's Office, came amid an ethics investigation that has the former ...

Join the discussion below, or

Newark, OH

#1 May 24, 2009
Our lawmakers try to make our world fair, but no amount of legislation can replace "common sense" and caring about the people one is hired to serve. Does anyone really believe that the people of Noble County would have re-elected Landon all these years if he was not doing a good job? I've heard ex-prisoners say that they had been happy to leave their cell to work on the farm, so who cares if it was the sheriff's farm? Who has so much time on their hands that they want to go arnhound taking pictures of what vehicle Mrs. Smith took to Wal-Mart?
It sounds like something the State Patrol used to prove thier power over the local officials, and I'm not even a democrat.

Newark, OH

#2 Jul 11, 2009
I agree with the previous comment.. Landon kept us safe! Look at how out of control things are getting now, sure it is the petty theft that is on the rise, but do you really think these theives wont get more brave as they are not caught?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caldwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christina Jun '15 Henry Hill 1
camping in or near beverly Jun '15 A Person Of Interest 3
ISIS headed 'Down on the Crick' Jun '15 A Person Of Interest 1
Oil boom in Noble County (Jun '14) May '15 Tire man 3
Fun times May '15 Tire man 2
Debate: Marijuana - Caldwell, OH (Sep '10) May '15 Tire man 8
vogue tires (Apr '13) May '15 Freak 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Caldwell Mortgages