Ex-State Police Commander Pleads Guil...

Ex-State Police Commander Pleads Guilty to Stealing from Health, Welfare Fund

There are 1 comment on the Patch.com story from Feb 11, 2014, titled Ex-State Police Commander Pleads Guilty to Stealing from Health, Welfare Fund. In it, Patch.com reports that:

A former troop commander for the New Jersey State Police pleaded guilty Tuesday to a theft charge for embezzling tens of thousands of dollars from a charitable fund that assists troopers and their families Retired Acting Major Michael Mattia, 47, of Cedar Grove, pleaded guilty to an accusation charging him with third-degree theft by unlawful taking ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

aok

Fair Lawn, NJ

#1 Feb 19, 2014
I can't believe this guy. And then the paper mentions that he may or may not keep his pension... Wtf. this is what is wrong with the system. He does something wrong and he gets a slap on the wrist. It just doesnt get any better than this. u really can't make it up. Politicians are bought and we the public are left to foot the bill. When are people going to wake up and see just how corrupt the unions are. Sweet heart contracts that make them upper class. when did becoming a cop make you well off on the tax dollar. 120,000.00 plus salaries for all of nj cops these day, plus overtime up the ass. equals big time pay. don't u people get tired of seeing cops on the side of the road with flashing lights doing absolutely nothing making 400 for 4 hours of doing nothing. Again, u can't make this shit up. But i don't blame the cop, the system is set up were your just doing your job. I would take it too. wake up people, I would love for towns to start going bankrupt, stop all this madness. But its just a dream of mine. business as ussual. U know how f ed up politics are when they can't even get rid of Mack, the convicted mayor of trenton.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caldwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old Tavern (Nov '13) Aug 6 Ed R 3
School Calendar Jul '16 vero1970 1
School Funding Plan Jun '16 faninstreet 1
News Ex-ICE Officer Got Sex, Bribes From Undocumente... (Feb '16) Apr '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 2
Mary is crazy (Oct '15) Apr '16 concerned 2
News Montclair Obituary: Elizabeth McGilvray, Singer... (Feb '16) Feb '16 GENA GREGORY 1
News Catholic women priests fight for inclusion -- f... (May '15) May '15 Bob 1

Caldwell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Caldwell Mortgages