cops sitting in there cars doing noth...

cops sitting in there cars doing nothing and getting paid a lot of money

Posted in the Caldwell Forum

joecitizen

Ridgewood, NJ

#1 Apr 16, 2011
can someone tell me why only in new jersey do we have to pay for cops to sit in there cars while there is work being done.
some people would say that we son't pay for it. wrong you always'end up paying, higher fees to get the work done.
Please, someone try and tell me why, only in nj do we need this.
public safety, bullshit. one cop told me that insurance copmpanies
pay for it. bullshit.
please give me a legit reason.
for the record, I have no problem with law enforcement, but enough is enough. this is one of the biggest little kept secret that most people don't raalize. Its time to put a stop to it.
I once herd that it cost more to pay the cops then the actual work. I beleive it. enough!!!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2 Apr 16, 2011
joecitizen wrote:
can someone tell me why only in new jersey do we have to pay for cops to sit in there cars while there is work being done.
some people would say that we son't pay for it. wrong you always'end up paying, higher fees to get the work done.
Please, someone try and tell me why, only in nj do we need this.
public safety, bullshit. one cop told me that insurance copmpanies
pay for it. bullshit.
please give me a legit reason.
for the record, I have no problem with law enforcement, but enough is enough. this is one of the biggest little kept secret that most people don't raalize. Its time to put a stop to it.
I once herd that it cost more to pay the cops then the actual work. I beleive it. enough!!!
It probably is an insurance requirement, the companies probably dont have to pay, but then they might not get insurance coverage.
ajsimon

Ridgewood, NJ

#3 Apr 16, 2011
then why not in other states?
shocked

Ridgewood, NJ

#4 Apr 21, 2011
Its about time someone said somehting about this.
I also think it is a total scam. when is someone going to speak up. I would love to be a cop, making 100,000.00 and then all that extra o.t. plus all the perks that go with it. YEs i am jealous. would love to have unlimited sick days, 6 weeks off and so many other perks. But I don't blame the cops, there just getting what ever there union got for them. but this sitting around behind a utility worker all day is ridiculous.
Anyway, same sh_t, different day in New jersey.
High taxes, corrupt people everywhere.\
other than that, I can't complain.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#5 May 4, 2011
Lets not forget to mention, that when the cop is sitting in his car making $200/hr in overtime, his cruiser is running blowing cold AC with tax-payer gas at $4.00 a gal.
amazed

Ridgewood, NJ

#6 Jul 29, 2011
I guess there are so many people related to law enf. that nobody cares to speak up. I guessif i was married to one i would keep my mouth shut too.

I would love to get the bill the whole state police force makes off of this deal. I bet it goes into several millions.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#7 Jul 29, 2011
Forget about it. It even goes beyond the tax payer funded salaries. Crime is a business. Heavy dealers will pay off the cops to allow them to operate. In return, the dealer will rat out low level dealers & junkies, maybe ones that are unreliable, eating the profits, or just an all-round liabilty. So, at the end of the day, dealers get to operate & cops make there bust and appear like they are doing their jobs. Their is not 1 single cop out there who isnt on the take to some degree.
amazed wrote:
I guess there are so many people related to law enf. that nobody cares to speak up. I guessif i was married to one i would keep my mouth shut too.
I would love to get the bill the whole state police force makes off of this deal. I bet it goes into several millions.
Simon

South Amboy, NJ

#8 Aug 4, 2011
It's nothing but a scam job created by the unions to fatten up a cops bottom line. This is nothing more than extortion that all of us have to pay for through higher rates. A few orange traffic cones would do the job as good if not better than a cop snoozing in a patrol car.
FUNNY MAN

Ridgewood, NJ

#9 Aug 8, 2011
Menards is a bit crazy!! Simon said it all.
It could be as big a scam as those firefighters
using taxpayer dollars to get steroids. the only diff. is they somehow made it legal to sit around
and do nothing getting paid a lot of money. They are on forest this week. Theyhave the cones and signs stating that the road is closed, but still they need 2 cops standing around. It is unbeleivable the shit that goes on in new jersey.
It makes me sick. most people dont realize they are paying more for this. I guess the town has enough money and just hands it over. And by the way, has anyone noticed the new fire house they are building on central? I guess we need one just in case there is a fire!! More tax payer dollars being wasted away. what a fing joke.
Simon

South Amboy, NJ

#10 Aug 9, 2011
I've noticed lately that they now have two cops doing this "tough job" of watching real workers do real work. Police and Fire in these small sleepy towns would like all of us to believe that they have such dangerous jobs to justify their ridiculous salaries and benefits.
FUNNY MAN

Ridgewood, NJ

#11 Aug 9, 2011
It's not that I have a problem with law enforcement. I have a problem with the people who give them such ridiculous sweetheart deals.
They do a good job and should be paid for it, but enough is enough. There are cops out there making 150,000.00 plus. The job does not warrant that type of pay especially in this area. Lets not forget that tax dollars pay there salaries also.
Most people would be amazed at how much time off and sick time they get. It has become a sweetheart gig that even people with master degrees are going after. it's that good of a job. My cost of living keeps going up but my pay is not. Not police, they still ge there increases and then the road work money train. i think the worst place has to be rutherford NJ. There is a cop at every corner doin traffic detail. Anyway, venting is good but I don't expect anything to change anytime soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caldwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
School Calendar Jul 2 vero1970 1
School Funding Plan Jun 26 faninstreet 1
News Ex-ICE Officer Got Sex, Bribes From Undocumente... Apr '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 2
Mary is crazy (Oct '15) Apr '16 concerned 2
Old Tavern (Nov '13) Mar '16 johnde 2
News Montclair Obituary: Elizabeth McGilvray, Singer... Feb '16 GENA GREGORY 1
News Catholic women priests fight for inclusion -- f... (May '15) May '15 Bob 1

Caldwell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Caldwell Mortgages