Review: Southland Income Properties

Posted in the Calabasas Forum

Soon to be tenant

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Apr 4, 2011
Hi Poster -> "Tenant"

Are you recently moving out of the place you are renting from Jay? I am moving in soon. Please let me know. Thanks.
Former Tenant

Bellflower, CA

#5 Apr 16, 2011
When I first moved to LA almost ten years ago, he was the property manager. He charged the maximum for the security deposit (three times the rent - which is ridiculous when we both had excellent credit and rental history from another state), and we were stupid enough to settle for it. We did get most of the deposit back, but we were naive enough to not get the full deposit. We were entitled to since we lived there three years, and after two years they are not allowed to charge you for repainting the apartment (unless you trash it). I will NEVER rent from him again. He is also rude and slow to respond to emergency maintenance requests. Renter beware!
former renter 1

United States

#6 May 27, 2011
I'm agreeing with all the comments above. I just moved out and they charged me for practically everything, even to repaint and clean the carpets... So I went forward and filed a small court complaint. If there is anybody who would like to get their money back, welcome to join me.
Suzanne Davis

San Diego, CA

#7 Jun 15, 2011
I rented from Jay a few years ago and am proud to say he was polite and quick to deal with issues. I asked for my tub to be re-glazed and he immediately agree it was in order. In addition I made improvements to the property that brought the electric bills down and he compensated me for the materials.
I agree he is by the numbers businessman but a slumlord heavens no. I would rent from him if the need arose, he would be the first call I would make.

Suzanne Davis
Happy Renter

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Jul 6, 2011
The team at Southland has been wonderful to me and my family while I have been renting from them for the last 10 months. Professional and easy to approach when I have a maintenance issue, etc. I will and already have recommended them to people i know in the area.
Zack

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Jul 8, 2011
They have taken care of my property wonderfully! It appears as though the other comments are from renters - who typically complain when things do not go there way regarding the deposit, etc. HOWEVER - My dealings with Jay and the entire team at Southland have been nothing but professional and positive!
Kimberly

Granada Hills, CA

#10 Oct 3, 2012
I've rented b4 at Southland and I like how they are quick to fix issues......yes my deposit wasn't all returned and I left the apt clean but it's ok because I have family in this kinda busniess and its understandable...... I'm renting their again next month
StewFranklin

Los Angeles, CA

#13 May 14, 2013
Southland Income Properties took great care of me and my unit over the 15 years we lived in our Sherman Oaks Apartment. I got my entire security deposit back...with interest! I will definitely be calling them when I return to Los Angeles. Thank you guys!
Joe Alexander

Montrťal, Canada

#14 Jun 14, 2013
I've had a good experience with Southland. Every issue I've had have been addressed and they were very responsive to my maintenance needs. They have been quite professional and I appreciate it!
MartinezJoe204

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Jul 2, 2013
After I moved into my Los Angeles apartment, I had a few things that needed fixing. Jay got a handyman over to fix everything right away. They are real pros.
Geoff Doherty

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Jul 8, 2013
When I moved in to my apartment, Jay was so prepared. He had everything I needed to move in. He found me a refrigerator for free. He took time to make sure that I was happy in my new home.
Jordan Firenze

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Aug 1, 2013
The Southland Income Properties team has turned my building around. They filled my apartments with really nice families and cleaned up the grounds. They fixed not just the big problems, but all the details too. Great work and nice people.
GrantP

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Aug 7, 2013
Southland Income Properties, Inc. has managed my apartment building for 4 years. I am happy that I made the change from a different business. The building has never looked better. Y tenants are staying in their units so I donít have the turnover expenses or lost rents from vacancies.
JeremyR

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Aug 19, 2013
Jay Rosenthal runs a tight ship. He demands that the buildings are clean, and that the rent is paid on time. Heís fair with me regarding upgrades to my apartment. I love my quiet apartment and will stay here forever.
MaryJohannes

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Aug 28, 2013
I have lived in buildings where everything was broken and the managers didnít care. Jay and Beth pick up the phone and take care of problems fast. They called after the repair to see if everything was OK. Means a lot to me because I lead a very busy life and I appreciate that they are looking out for my best interests.
T Hawk

Oceanside, CA

#21 Sep 11, 2013
Just moved into a new home under Rosenthal AKA Southland. I love my new home. Thank you Jay, so much! I am very happy. Neighbors are great too. Rosenthal has really come through for me at a difficult time in my life between moving for a new job and going through some personal issues. I appreciate all the extra effort they put in for me.
M Browne

Los Angeles, CA

#22 Sep 25, 2013
I would highly recommend Southland Income Properties. They currently oversee my buildings and Iím so happy that I switched management companies. They are really on the ball.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calabasas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kris Jenner tramp 20 hr disgustedbyu 3
Review: Leaders Merchant Services LLC Sun Dawhoune 2
Hostels with style: The Big Six Oct 17 kartal nakliyat 1
Beware Oct 17 Private Investigator 1
Thousands of kids enjoy the Minetti Mini Rodeo (Jun '11) Oct 15 LindsayLee 2
Stalker case leads to lawsuit against St. Bruno... (Feb '13) Oct 14 Sad 1,285
Telephone Answering Service Helps Your Business... (Jan '11) Oct 14 Zach 2

Calabasas News Video

Calabasas Dating
Find my Match