New Resident

Cairo, IL

#21 Sep 30, 2009
***sputter***

WTH??? Deming is my home town! What the hell is Duane Lyon doing in New Mexico??? Who IS this guy? I never heard of him until we moved here four years ago and I saw his signs all over Southern Illinois, and now he's harassing city officials clear across the country?

Since: Sep 09

Las Cruces, NM

#22 Oct 1, 2009
I just wanna say I am so glad this guy has left Deming and hopefully it is for good. Look out for his buddy Jerry Turner this guy is just as bad if not worse.I feel for your town he left here with numerous restraining orders I am pretty sure NMSP has a warrant out for his arrest, maybe they won't pursue it if he stays away. Good luck. Check out what we had to say about him at Deming NM Topix
guest 2

Cairo, IL

#23 Oct 1, 2009
Hiz-servant wrote:
I just wanna say I am so glad this guy has left Deming and hopefully it is for good. Look out for his buddy Jerry Turner this guy is just as bad if not worse.I feel for your town he left here with numerous restraining orders I am pretty sure NMSP has a warrant out for his arrest, maybe they won't pursue it if he stays away. Good luck. Check out what we had to say about him at Deming NM Topix
He showed up here around 2002 right before an election. Lives off the union hall & others that want to stir up trouble. Claims he has a "rich aunt" down in TN that gives him $5,000.00 a month to live on which is why he set up his "ministries" for tax exempt purposes.
Fife

Cairo, IL

#24 Oct 2, 2009
The street preacher is a total basket case he does nothing but stir up trouble and cause friction. If he is such a preacher why is he not donating time to helping people and comforting the sick and needful. Instead he claims that he travels on missions, where other than the stupid pictures he puts in the newspapers. Street Preacher go away, go hang with the drug dealers you like so much and get some mental help, leave Barket and Brown alone and let them run an honest race for sheriff.
marcus

Pinckneyville, IL

#25 Nov 25, 2009
ask street preacher about the article in the paducah sun yrs ago relatin to marchin with the klan..its true i seen it for myself..then he tried to clean it up after being discovered..
skor14me

Cairo, IL

#26 Nov 25, 2009
http://www.wsiltv.com/p/news_details.php... #

"Street Preacher" Upset With Wrongful Arrest

CAIRO, Ill – The race for the Alexander county commissioner is surrounded by
Controversy after police took the democratic candidate into custody.

Duane Lyon- also known as the street preacher stopped in at the Cairo post office to mail some bills.

“The officer approached me in the post office and said you need to
come next door, it's of criminal nature, which alarmed me because I
was with my daughter,” said Lyon.“Charges were criminal trespass and harassment by mail.”

The situation deals with a political flyer placed in the mail slot at the home of Cairo police officer Danny Brown.

“The problem is I didn't put a flyer in his mailbox or on his door,” said Lyon.“It said please don't vote for Lyons. The flyer was an indictment on
my by my opponent.

Brown is on injury leave from the police force. He found the flyer at
his residence and reported it to police. Brown says he saw Lyon's name on the flyer and assumed it was from him.

“The reason I am here is so people know this isn't a political thing for Mike Caldwell, it was just a big misunderstanding,” said Brown.

Mike Caldwell is Lyon's republican opponent in the race.

Even though police dropped the charges, Lyon says the damage is done.

“Everyone in this county knows I was arrested,” said Lyon.“What candidate wants to be arrested 70 days before the election?”

Lyon says his main concern is the impact the ordeal will have on his young daughter.

“I am upset more- elections come and go- but my nine-year-old
daughter- that makes me very upset,” said Lyon.

Danny Brown says he did apologize to Lyon for the mistake. Lyon is also asking for an apology from the city.
skor14me

Cairo, IL

#27 Nov 25, 2009
Funny that article was back in 2006 but he still does the same things. Get's arrested to get in news.
israel lyon

Eldon, MO

#28 Aug 29, 2010
Hiz-servant wrote:

im israel lyon thats my dad ur talking about an btw he is coming back to deming with jerry w turner . to preach more gospel jesus saves
MostlyKnowing

Gulf Shores, AL

#29 Aug 29, 2010
I'm so sorry Deming, your community is in my thoughts

Cairo, IL

#30 Aug 30, 2010
israel lyon wrote:
<quoted text>
im israel lyon thats my dad ur talking about an btw he is coming back to deming with jerry w turner . to preach more gospel jesus saves
Sorry for you Israel. You can pick your friends but not your family. You need to read up on Jim Jones Massacre. You & your sisters are in my prayers.

I also see your mother's home schooling is failing in English. Your punctuation & capitalization's need work.
Obama

Milan, TN

#31 May 29, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry for you Israel. You can pick your friends but not your family. You need to read up on Jim Jones Massacre. You & your sisters are in my prayers.
I also see your mother's home schooling is failing in English. Your punctuation & capitalization's need work.
You seriously think this guy is Israel?
what are you a freaking retard?
My "name" is Obama, do you I'm really him?
Try to avoid the weed, thanks.
Obama

Milan, TN

#32 May 29, 2012
Do you really think I'm him*

Quite a few type-o's today.
doit

United States

#33 May 30, 2012
johnny bigham is dead.
cleanup

United States

#34 May 30, 2012
street preacher is here because of the gambling coming to town.he is gonna stave it off.
saintnick

United States

#35 May 30, 2012
i personally know rev.lyons.he is forth with and of good repore.his intentions are of good for his fellow man.he comes bearing good tidings for all.please accept him with open arms.he truly is of the cloth.and don't forget,i'm making a list and checking it twice.
Dapper Dan

United States

#36 May 30, 2012
This must be a scheme of Carla and her felonious children brood to make money from all the tax paying people
Totally Disgusted

Chaffee, MO

#37 May 30, 2012
Yeah, keep on voting more dingleberrys into office to completely bankrupt Cairo. That's when you buttholes move to another city and "F" it up for everyone there too. You bastards never learn.
Gerhard

Jackson, TN

#38 Jun 9, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>

LMFAO, You really do think this is Israel don't you?

Cape Girardeau, MO

#39 Jun 10, 2012
Street Preacher is an imbecile.
Hell Yeow

Farmington, MO

#40 Jun 10, 2012
Totally Disgusted wrote:
Yeah, keep on voting more dingleberrys into office to completely bankrupt Cairo. That's when you buttholes move to another city and "F" it up for everyone there too. You bastards never learn.
The "Buttholes" moving are not the one's selling there votes and electing the dingleberry's. none of them can afford to leave anyway!! You sound like a jelouse
"F'dUP" Bully.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cairo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who are the thieves in Cairo 14 min Lucky 17
classic designed clawfoot bathtub faucets 23 hr Wzziso 1
go shopping Faucetsmall Shower Faucets 23 hr Wzziso 1
Neighborhood WAtch Tue guest 1
fbi in cairo Mon say what? 20
Marcus Hines Mar 24 lol 4
Barkett house Mar 23 UK fan 3

Flood Warning for Alexander County was issued at April 01 at 3:51PM CDT

More from around the web

Cairo People Search