Police investigate deadly shooting in...

Police investigate deadly shooting in Cairo

Posted in the Cairo Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
skor14me

Cairo, IL

#1 Jul 1, 2010
http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp...

By Heartland News

CAIRIO, IL (KFVS)- The Alexander County coroner has been called to the scene of an early morning shooting at a club in Cairo.

The coroner tells Heartland News he was called out for one deadly gunshot victim.

Investigators have confirmed a second person was also shot. That person was taken to a Cape Girardeau hospital.

Police blocked off an area at 4th and Commercial streets in Cairo just outside of Mary J's Lounge. Officers say that is where the shooting took place.

Investigators are searching for a suspect vehicle but they have not said what type of vehicle it is or how many people they are looking for.

The Alexander County Sheriff's Department is helping Cairo Police in their search for that vehicle.

Heartland News has a crew in Cairo and we'll bring you the latest information as it becomes available.
skor14me

Cairo, IL

#2 Jul 1, 2010
This is also on website.

whoever1
Iam so dam upset right now My son was Killed in cold Blood Last night in Cairo ILs This makes me Mad As Hell I was called on the phone by some of his so called Friends that My Son was Dead in The Road When I get too Cairo The Police was Standing Around Mostly All the Peoples Had left I told the Poiice that I was Jeserick Pilgram Father and they gave the run around I went to Police station and they gave the run around I Was not able to see My Son body they gave nothing Its been to many Killings in Cairo and nothing has been done about it, first we are told that the city of Cairo broke so are not arresting them Dam gangbangers that they turn into Informants So they can get away with Murder or what ever to keep from going to jail but let one of them say Ive done something or what they want to hear or someone they want take of true or and sick of it so now they have Kill my son any other time the State Police are there in Cairo that was my baby boy I Will see that they will be taking care of the right way JESERRICK PILGRAM I WILL LOVE YOU FOR EVER AN EVER YOUR DAD
let there be justice

Warwick, RI

#3 Jul 1, 2010
My prayers are truly with you and your family! I don't know you or your son but stuff like this just saddens me...I've been through a situation very similar to this one...but just pray and be strong and I sure do hope justice is served!
In Shock

United States

#4 Jul 1, 2010
I went to school with Jeserick. You and your family are in my prayers. I know nothing I say will take the pain away. I pray your family finds justice.
Black on Black

Minonk, IL

#6 Jul 1, 2010
This is very sad! We are losing to many of our black men to senseless violence. We as the black race need to realize if we don't care about ourselves who will. Let's get real these rednecks down here look at many of these black on black killings as "let the N's kill each other off". They could care less that is why there are so many unsolved, not investigated, open and closed cases in Pulaski and Alexander County. I am not saying that everybody must join hands and sing Cum Ba Ya , but damn we have to find a different way to settle differences. Only cowards use guns anyway!!!!
God Bless and may God be your rock in this time of need.
skor14me

Cairo, IL

#7 Jul 1, 2010
By Heartland News

CAIRIO, IL (KFVS)- Police are interviewing witnesses as they investigate a deadly shooting outside a club in Cairo early Thursday morning.

Cairo Police Chief Timothy Brown says Jeserik Pilgram died in the shooting.

Investigators have confirmed a second person was also shot. That person was taken to a Cape Girardeau hospital.

Investigators taped off the area around Mary J's Club at 4th and Commercial streets. They appear to be investigating a car involved in the shooting and a maroon SUV. Bullet holes were seen inside the SUV.

Mary J's owner Percy Jones Jr. says 50 to 60 people were outside when gunshots rang out about 2 a.m.

"I got outside, I just saw two cars turning the corner and a guy across the street was shooting at the cars," said Jones Jr. "By that time police cars was coming up."

Illinois State Police crime scene investigators have been on scene taking pictures and marking several areas on the east side of the road.

Police blocked off an area at 4th and Commercial streets in Cairo just outside of Mary J's Lounge. Officers say that is where the shooting took place about 2 a.m. Thursday. The bar was open for business at the time.

Investigators are searching for a suspect vehicle but they have not said what type of vehicle it is or how many people they are looking for.

The Alexander County Sheriff's Department is helping Cairo Police in their search for that vehicle.

The Cairo police chief says an autopsy will be performed on the victim Thursday afternoon in Farmington.
skor14me

Cairo, IL

#8 Jul 1, 2010
And yes watch KFVS12 about the suspicious fire at same time as shooting.
carrot

Cairo, IL

#9 Jul 1, 2010
Black on Black wrote:
This is very sad! We are losing to many of our black men to senseless violence. We as the black race need to realize if we don't care about ourselves who will. Let's get real these rednecks down here look at many of these black on black killings as "let the N's kill each other off". They could care less that is why there are so many unsolved, not investigated, open and closed cases in Pulaski and Alexander County. I am not saying that everybody must join hands and sing Cum Ba Ya , but damn we have to find a different way to settle differences. Only cowards use guns anyway!!!!
yo idiot! we got a black police chief, a black police commissioner, a black mayor & a black coroner. if theys don't get investigated we got no one to blame but us.
skor14me

Cairo, IL

#10 Jul 1, 2010
The fire at 20tho & Cedar Street was set just before shootings.

CAIRO, Ill.-- Cairo police are investigating a homicide that occurred early Thursday morning outside Mary J's Lounge in the 400 block of Commercial Street.
Jeserick Pilgram, 19, of Mounds, Ill., was shot to death after 2 a.m., according to Cairo police chief Timothy Brown.

A second victim, Tyrone Watson, 30, of Cairo was shot in the lower left calf and taken by helicopter to a Cape Girardeau hospital, said Lt. Gary Hankins of the Cairo Police Department.

Police responded to a report of shots fired near the intersection of Fourth and Commercial streets about 2:30 a.m. and found 75 to 100 people gathered there.

Police have been interviewing witnesses since the incident occurred.

At this time police would not comment on a possible motive and would not release a description of any suspects.

The victims did know each other, according to police, and were patrons of Mary J's. However, the shooting did not occur inside the bar.

Police said shots were fired in the street from what they believe to be handguns. Two vehicles near the scene were hit by stray bullets, Hankins said.

The Illinois State Police Crime Scene Investigation Unit has been collecting evidence at the scene throughout the day.

Alexander County Coroner Willy Bingham said an autopsy on Pilgram was to be performed Thursday afternoon. Details from the autopsy had not yet been released just before 4 p.m., and police would not comment on Pilgram's injuries.

Cairo police ask anyone with information about this incident to call the Cairo police station.
Diamond

Mounds, IL

#11 Jul 1, 2010
carrot wrote:
<quoted text>
yo idiot! we got a black police chief, a black police commissioner, a black mayor & a black coroner. if theys don't get investigated we got no one to blame but us.
My thoughts also.
Lisa

Mounds, IL

#12 Jul 1, 2010
I pray that the family finds peace in Gods grace through the sad time.
guest 2

Cairo, IL

#13 Jul 1, 2010
Jeserick Pilgram, 19, of Mounds, Ill., was shot to death after 2 a.m., according to Cairo police chief Timothy Brown.

How did a 19 year old get in the bar? Don't they card them? Need to loose liquor licence for good.

In fact police need to start carding at all the clubs when they have a large group like they did at Mary J's Lounge last night. Start shutting them down for under age drink if nothing else. Course if they took drug sniffing dog in, also might make more arrest than jails could hold.
Black on Black

Minonk, IL

#14 Jul 1, 2010
carrot wrote:
<quoted text>
Far from an idiot!! Actually you just made the situation worse if our own people are suppose to look out for us like you pointed out "we got a black police chief, a black police commissioner, a black mayor & a black coroner"... Get a life and get educated.
Stephanie

Danville, PA

#15 Jul 1, 2010
Rick Im so sorry to here about Turtle, May the Lord find peace in your spirit I know It is hard right now But trust and believe that God wil see things through let me know when the arrangments are Love your cousin Step

Cairo, IL

#16 Jul 1, 2010
Black on Black wrote:
<quoted text>
Far from an idiot!! Actually you just made the situation worse if our own people are suppose to look out for us like you pointed out "we got a black police chief, a black police commissioner, a black mayor & a black coroner"... Get a life and get educated.
For your information this is the UNITED STATES of America. We are known to be a melting pot of races. It doesn't make any difference what race the police chief is or what race the murdered are. And it certainly doesn't make it worst or are you saying our chief should only look out for his own kind?

Yep carrot had it right you are an IDIOT1! LMAO
anon

United States

#17 Jul 1, 2010
Black on Black wrote:
now why does everything have to involve race? anytime 2 white guys beat up a black guy, its "racial" but when 6 black guys jump on one white guy (its the only way these young kids know how to fight) its not racial at all. i was raised if you fight, its one on one and if you lose, you lost. thats it. no running home to daddy and your brothers and cousins to try and jump the person that beat you. you take an ass whoopin and leave it at that. black and white are JUST COLORS. your mind is what separates and judges them. and i agree with you on only cowards use guns.
Black on Black

Minonk, IL

#18 Jul 1, 2010
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
For your information this is the UNITED STATES of America. We are known to be a melting pot of races. It doesn't make any difference what race the police chief is or what race the murdered are. And it certainly doesn't make it worst or are you saying our chief should only look out for his own kind?
Yep carrot had it right you are an IDIOT1! LMAO
You guys are completely clueless!! It is sad! If we have all of these black folk of power then why are so many black crimes left hanging in Pulaski and Alexander County (do the math)!! Also remember that being a chief of police, mayor, coroner, etc are just titles if you don't stand for anything and you don't do your jobs... Food for thought get educated.
guest 2

Columbus, KS

#19 Jul 1, 2010
When are we all going to accept that MONEY is GREEN and NOT black or white?
skor14me

Cairo, IL

#21 Jul 2, 2010
guest 2 wrote:
How did a 19 year old get in the bar? Don't they card them? Need to loose liquor licence for good.
In fact police need to start carding at all the clubs when they have a large group like they did at Mary J's Lounge last night. Start shutting them down for under age drink if nothing else. Course if they took drug sniffing dog in, also might make more arrest than jails could hold.
19 in bar at 2 a.m.? Yes bar should loose licence. Might need to close all bars at midnight until we get this under control around here.
skor14me

Cairo, IL

#22 Jul 2, 2010
http://www.semissourian.com/story/1646942.htm...

Suspect arrested in Cairo homicide case
Friday, July 2, 2010 ~ Updated 10:15 AM

Southeast Missourian
CAIRO, Ill.-- A suspect has been arrested in connection to a Thursday homicide in Cairo.

Melvin Hadley, 28, of Cairo was arrested by police and was housed in the Tri-County Detention Center as of Friday morning, according to a news release from Cairo Police Chief Timothy Brown. Charges were pending with the Alexander County State's Attorney's office.

Jeserick Pilgram, 19, of Mounds, Ill., was shot to death after 2 a.m., outside Mary J's Lounge in the 400 block of Commercial Street. Another man, Tyrone Watson, 30, of Cairo was shot in the lower left calf and taken by helicopter to a Cape Girardeau hospital, said Lt. Gary Hankins of the Cairo Police Department. Watson was in stable condition Thursday evening.

Police responded to a report of shots fired near the intersection of Fourth and Commercial streets about 2:30 a.m. and found 75 to 100 people gathered there.

Police said shots were fired in the street from what they believe to be handguns. Two vehicles near the scene were hit by stray bullets, Hankins said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cairo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need a bisexual female to have fun with :) 25-40. 21 hr needing fun 2
Police chief resignation Tue Just the facts 13
The little town that could Jun 23 LOL 15
Drug dealing Jun 22 Really 1
D's chicken don't eat there Jun 22 my_my 2
who got the best pxssy in mound city Jun 21 Wondering 8
Gene B Jun 21 Caironative79 4

Cairo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance