top ten people or groups that have ruined cairo and the county!

Posted in the Cairo Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
truth seeker

Watseka, IL

#1 Dec 20, 2010
In my book it would be,the strong arms of the democrat party,
checkitout

Williston, FL

#2 Dec 21, 2010
a,e,m,b,j,c,s,r,d,j.for a few.
Ben There

United States

#3 Dec 21, 2010
Actually I was thinking it was the Republican business owners who broke and ran with the money when they saw they couldn't milk Cairo for anything anymore.
truth seeker

Watseka, IL

#4 Dec 21, 2010
Ben There, When did they run 20 to 30 years, ago. where has all the grant monies,gone and who has controlled it,to the end benefit!In the last 20 years.Its, hard for any business,to be here,when the mentality is you make it, we take it.Do you here that large vacuming noise,Thats the sound of the democrat, machine sucking,the last life out of taxpayers of the county,But heck thats o.k. there is always grant money,We know how well that has worked,dont we! well for a select few anyway roll on !
JerryM

Sikeston, MO

#5 Dec 21, 2010
Yeah, look around. All that grant money went somewhere. Don't you wonder where now? Maybe a street to the river with nothing left on it.
what

Wickliffe, KY

#6 Mar 26, 2011
We are to blame to for putting these cronies in office to steal the money.

GJW

Since: Jun 10

Sikeston, MO

#7 Apr 7, 2011
The stealing started long ago....back in the 50's. The decline of Cairo started most likely before any of you understood what was going on. Cairo is end results of no plans, just years of stealing. No one party in particular and all of the rascals got their cut.
Slim Pickens

Fort Leonard Wood, MO

#8 Aug 3, 2011
Interesting theories.

United States

#9 Aug 29, 2011
Cairo died when the mafia left town.
2funny

Cairo, IL

#10 Aug 29, 2011
GJW wrote:
The stealing started long ago....back in the 50's..
you don't know your history. we been stealing from people ever since we had river pirates. and city organizers in the 1800's. charles dickens and my grandpa'd tell ya.
justice1

United States

#11 Aug 30, 2011
cairo,you is what you is.
Slim Pickens

Fort Leonard Wood, MO

#12 Aug 30, 2011
Here's the largest group that have ruined Cairo and the county. They fall in three categories:

1. ignorant voters
2. gullable voters
3. single issue voters
4. a combination of the above
Slim Pickens

Fort Leonard Wood, MO

#13 Aug 30, 2011
gullible that is......
Be real

United States

#14 Aug 31, 2011
It doesn't really have anything to do with party affiliation...but people who are not qualified to manage these types of grants ..it also has to do with who goes to meetings and works for the money...a firefighter in Mounds was comparing the police dept and how they have updated vehicles and equipment and the fire dept equipment and safety materials were outdated and dangerous, in Pulaski the fire dept has new trucks and equipment with grants and hard work on their parts for matching grants while the police dept is non existent...they get grants for things you dont see like generators...surely in Mounds City they have utilized these resources but that doesnt always guarantee new businesses
or industries ...there are probably less rundown buildings the problem is finding someone to put something beneficial for the town thats pretty much out of any ones hands...just saying
working gal

Carol Stream, IL

#15 Sep 1, 2011
Al moss and larry potts thats who ruined cairo. Al moss took the money and ran. Larry potts started his own white school but now he accepts the offers the black people give him every sunday. I may not go to church every sunday and I know the lord says we should forgive but I dont know how anyone that calls their self religious can go to his church. Im afraid that is what is wrong with cairo the people running the show will always continue to line their own pockets. Why else would the state of il continue to let cips continue to rape its own citizens
Slim Pickens

Fort Leonard Wood, MO

#16 Sep 1, 2011
working gal wrote:
Al moss and larry potts thats who ruined cairo. Al moss took the money and ran. Larry potts started his own white school but now he accepts the offers the black people give him every sunday. I may not go to church every sunday and I know the lord says we should forgive but I dont know how anyone that calls their self religious can go to his church. Im afraid that is what is wrong with cairo the people running the show will always continue to line their own pockets. Why else would the state of il continue to let cips continue to rape its own citizens
So what you're saying is a potted fungus ruined Cairo.

Oh well, Benny Hinn asks for money too ..........
laughing all the way

Cairo, IL

#17 Sep 1, 2011
working gal wrote:
Al moss and larry potts thats who ruined cairo.
Well, then it should only take two people to fix it. Since you know what's wrong, you must know what's right. Find another person who knows as much as you do and get busy. We'll see where Cairo stands (it it still exists) after you get through
ray

Worthington, MN

#18 Sep 1, 2011
Ben There wrote:
Actually I was thinking it was the Republican business owners who broke and ran with the money when they saw they couldn't milk Cairo for anything anymore.
You'd run too if your business you put your heart and soul into got fire bombed on a regular basis! Duh!
Slim Pickens

Fort Leonard Wood, MO

#19 Sep 1, 2011
It definitely took more than two individuals. I can account for at least four decades of shenanigans. It really seems like shit went down hill in the 80s. That's when all the remaining hold out businesses in the commercial district shut their doors for good.
80s Good 90s Bad

Cairo, IL

#20 Sep 1, 2011
Slim Pickens wrote:
It definitely took more than two individuals. I can account for at least four decades of shenanigans. It really seems like shit went down hill in the 80s. That's when all the remaining hold out businesses in the commercial district shut their doors for good.

No. that was in the 90's. As of 1990 we had Hairworks, Huffman Ins. Barbara's Beauty Shop, Flower Center and Michael's Menswear, two law offices, and Neil's Drug Store all on 8th Street

Walder's Menswear, Mildred Gates, the Bowling Alley, Cablevision, Rent One, Hutson-Steinhouse Furniture, Smith and Groves, Bourland Paint Store, Bass, 4th Street Tavern, Cairo Music, Halliday Distributing were all still going in the downtown area. There were a number more but I won't dig out my list tonight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cairo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sgt James McKenna. cpd 11 hr hope for cairo 16
Chris' restaurant closing? Wed guest 3
Bye Bo Apr 22 hope for cairo 5
snellson Apr 22 keeping-up 2
denny barney Apr 22 guest 2
Hot and Cold Brass Bathroom Sink Faucet Apr 21 Wzziso 1
Wholesale Brass Square LED Rain Shower Head Apr 21 Wzziso 1
More from around the web

Cairo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE