Down Town Dollar Store

Posted in the Cairo Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cairo Tax Payer

Jackson, MO

#1 Jan 3, 2012
Does anyone know the new manager of the down town dollar store?
Anonymous

United States

#2 Jan 4, 2012
Don't know personaly. But by the looks of the store??????????
Anonymous

United States

#3 Jan 4, 2012
doesn't anybody care about there dollar stores
curious

Cairo, IL

#4 Jan 4, 2012
What are you talking about? We can't discuss it if we don't know.
passer thur

United States

#5 Jan 5, 2012
I know that you can buy any kind of xxx movies outside from the guy on the bicycle in army clothes. Check him out at other business.... Mack's,Nu-Diner and SuperValu. I rather go to the other $$ store or head to ky to keep from being approach by him..
nono

Dongola, IL

#7 Jan 5, 2012
serviver wrote:
doesn't anybody care about there dollar stores
nope
customer

Jackson, MO

#8 Jan 5, 2012
that sto is nasty like the workers thr. i go to the other sto by the highway cause they be better out ther.
Anonymous

United States

#9 Jan 5, 2012
U would think the manager would do somethin bout that movvie man.but that means she would have to move a little.
visitor

Sigourney, IA

#10 Jan 5, 2012
Visited Cairo for two days, stayed @ hotel near the highway next to an abandoned diner or restaurant, across the street from DG. Anyway, was like ten minutes to closing time and my AC had quit working @ the hotel so I ran over w/ my kids to buy a fan. This was in July, was very hot. The lady @ the register was mean, saying I had 2 minutes to get the F out. Next morning I went to the one by the Ace of Cups to get ice for travel and miscellaneous stuff for my kids. What's up w/ people in that town? The only friendly face at DG was the african american lady @ the one in town, the manager guy was sour-faced like the lady @ the other store.
Thought about relocating there and went to check it out... DG appears to be the only store and most of the people are mean. Where would I shop, in Carbondale? Wondering how or if the town hopes to attract new people. Somehow a cheap house doesn't quite make up for unfriendly people.
lol

Cairo, IL

#11 Jan 5, 2012
Maybe that's why the one in town has a new manager. Sorry about your experience at the Route 3 DG
visitor

Sigourney, IA

#12 Jan 5, 2012
I sure wouldn't want to repeat that, that's for sure, lol. So the people at the dollar store aren't representative of the rest of Cairo's population? Because I have seen the experience of the people who ran the Ace of Cups and their posts and stuff, and the replies, and it isn't looking quite as promising as I thought it might be. And aside from a couple of people outside the dollar store who stared at us and some people in town for a family reunion, the only person we saw was a man carrying a garbage bag full of something and walking down the street when it was a hundred degrees out. He smiled and waved.
Anonymous

United States

#13 Jan 6, 2012
I have never heard any one in dg out of town say a bad word their alwaws so nice and very helpful. And the store is alway clean and organized. The good stores shouldn't be run down. To the dogs they need to be complimented
passer thur

Hillsboro, MO

#14 Jan 11, 2012
You must not have been in the right store. They are more interested in talking on their cell phone than waiting on customers. It could be kept a little cleaner and not junk up the aisle.
Goody

Cairo, IL

#15 Jan 11, 2012
visitor wrote:
the only person we saw was a man carrying a garbage bag full of something and walking down the street when it was a hundred degrees out. He smiled and waved.
Yeah, we more southern areas are funny like that...if we have to do something on hot days, we do it. Otherwise, we stay indoors. The further south you go, the more you realize it.
visitor

Sigourney, IA

#16 Jan 12, 2012
Believe it or not I have been further south than Cairo. Lived in FL for a while even... so I do know what southern life is like. Surprising, eh? I also live near the river and the humidity in summer is nothing new to me. I guess I was just disappointed, is all. Maybe I was looking for something that isn't there. Anyway, I guess that's for another thread.
Goody

Cairo, IL

#17 Jan 13, 2012
Sorry if I offended you but unfortunately that wasn't how your post sounded. We have so many who come on here putting us down that we get tired of it. Your post sounded just like another one. We never seem to get a post from someone who bothers to look for something nice to say. Maybe if we had more of that kind of visitor, we could get back some of our community spirit and begin to exhibit more civic pride.
Really

Tamms, IL

#18 Jan 13, 2012
I am with Serviver on this I have never heard any employee at the Dollar store outside of Town Talk ugly to anyone and they Keep the Dollar General Store Clean and orderly. Now the Dollar Store In town you Can't find Nothing Good about that Place there Items are throwed everywhere food where the Cloths go cloths where the food go. What is going on Can't they get a manager in their that takes a little pride in His/Her Place of employment, so the people of Cairo Have somewhere nice to shop.And the employees Need to Be glad that they have a Job their and if they don't wanna do the Job that they was hired to do then for God sakes let someone that does wanna work Have your job. Clean it up PLEASE
Anonymous

United States

#19 Jan 13, 2012
Really, very well spoken.all that store needs is a good manager. Somebody that knows what their doin and is not lazy. Laziness all it is.just there to get a paycheck. If they to lazy to work give it to somwbody who will appreciate the job. There's still some hard workin people with. Kids who would be tickled pink to have that job.
Goody

Cairo, IL

#20 Jan 13, 2012
serviver wrote:
There's still some hard workin people with. Kids who would be tickled pink to have that job.
Have they found out where to put in their applications and done so?
Cario Citizen

Jackson, MO

#21 Jan 14, 2012
You are right serviver. You can tell that the manager at the out of town store really takes pride of her store. She always goes out of her way to help me when I am looking for something. I think she needs to train the other managers and maybe it would change in the other stores. Thanks to our out of town store.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cairo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cairo white girls 4 hr Soros 9
Hey Cairo 4 hr Soros 9
new pizza business ? 13 hr Go for it 8
goodbye cairo ... i wont be back 20 hr BB Board 7
News Pawar picks Cairo mayor as running mate 23 hr Trashy town 4
flash flood advisory Tue madisynstl 7
dont do it PIZZA MAN Tue madisynstl 2

Cairo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance