Are all Republicans Racist?

Are all Republicans Racist?

Posted in the Cairo Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Hot Rod

Lenexa, KS

#1 Oct 6, 2012
THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING!

There is an old saying that goes:“All Republicans aren’t racists; but all racists are Republicans.” This might be an exaggeration of facts, but Republican legislator from Arkansas, Jon Hubbard, certainly adds fuel to the flame.
In a book overflowing with bigoted statements,“Letters to the Editor: Confessions of a Frustrated Conservative,” Hubbard makes some startlingly ignorant claims about Black and Hispanic Americans, including predicting there will eventually be a race extermination war like Nazi Germany.
See excerpts from the book compiled by the Arkansas Times below:
Slavery was good for black people:
“… the institution of slavery that the black race has long believed to be an abomination upon its people may actually have been a blessing in disguise. The blacks who could endure those conditions and circumstances would someday be rewarded with citizenship in the greatest nation ever established upon the face of the Earth.”(Pages 183-89)If you think slavery was bad, you should have seen Africa:
African Americans must “understand that even while in the throes of slavery, their lives as Americans are likely much better than they ever would have enjoyed living in sub-Saharan Africa.”“Knowing what we know today about life on the African continent, would an existence spent in slavery have been any crueler than a life spent in sub-Saharan Africa?”(Pages 93 and 189)
Black people are ignorant:
“Wouldn’t life for blacks in America today be more enjoyable and successful if they would only learn to appreciate the value of a good education?”(Page 184)Integration was bad for white people
“… one of the stated purposes of school integration was to bring black students up to a level close to that of white students. But, to the great disappointment of everyone, the results of this theory worked exactly in reverse of its intended purpose, and instead of black students rising to the educational levels previously attained by white students, the white students dropped to the level of black students. To make matters worse the lack of discipline and ambition of black students soon became shared by their white classmates, and our educational system has been in a steady decline ever since.”(Page 27)Immigration is bad.
..the immigration issue, both legal and illegal… will lead to planned wars or extermination. Although now this seems to be barbaric and uncivilized, it will at some point become as necessary as eating and breathing.”(Page 9)Don’t forget Nazi Germany.
“American Christians are assuming a similar stance as did the citizens of Germany during Hitler’s rise to power.”(Page 158)
And of course, Hubbard is Super-Christian, promising to uphold Christian values on his campaign’s website:
“…perhaps the most important pledge I can make to the people of District 58, the citizens of Arkansas, and to myself, is to do whatever I can to defend, protect, and preserve our Christian heritage,” Hubbard writes.“Regardless of one’s religious beliefs, if we as a nation continue to turn away from those Christian principles and values upon which this great nation was founded, we will have truly lost everything worth saving!”
What values would those be? Perhaps hate-mongering, ignorance, extremism and racism, because that is the only value set Hubbard seems to promote. While, certainly, his thoughts aren’t indicative of all Republicans, they offer insight into why many people of color wouldn't touch the Party with a ten-foot pole.
tim

Chanhassen, MN

#2 Oct 7, 2012
When liberals continue to tell blacks that they cannot be self-sufficient or make wise choices for their own lives and need the government to take care of them, they will continue to only vote democrats; they would rather sell their soul for a government handout rather than live responsibly with pride and integrity. Too many blacks in this country believe the liberals when they tell them they are inferior because of the color of their skin. It is shocking that there are any blacks at all who vote for liberals. Conservatives actually believe you can achieve anything you wish with hard work and determination regardless of the color of your skin and there are many blacks that have done it. That is what Martin Luther King would have wanted. He should've been our first black president but unfortunately his time was during a different era.
maybe

Johnston City, IL

#3 Oct 8, 2012
Hot Rod wrote:
THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING!
There is an old saying that goes:“All Republicans aren’t racists; but all racists are Republicans.” This might be an exaggeration of facts, but Republican legislator from Arkansas, Jon Hubbard, certainly adds fuel to the flame.
In a book overflowing with bigoted statements,“Letters to the Editor: Confessions of a Frustrated Conservative,” Hubbard makes some startlingly ignorant claims about Black and Hispanic Americans, including predicting there will eventually be a race extermination war like Nazi Germany.
See excerpts from the book compiled by the Arkansas Times below:
Slavery was good for black people:
“… the institution of slavery that the black race has long believed to be an abomination upon its people may actually have been a blessing in disguise. The blacks who could endure those conditions and circumstances would someday be rewarded with citizenship in the greatest nation ever established upon the face of the Earth.”(Pages 183-89)If you think slavery was bad, you should have seen Africa:
African Americans must “understand that even while in the throes of slavery, their lives as Americans are likely much better than they ever would have enjoyed living in sub-Saharan Africa.”“Knowing what we know today about life on the African continent, would an existence spent in slavery have been any crueler than a life spent in sub-Saharan Africa?”(Pages 93 and 189)
Black people are ignorant:
“Wouldn’t life for blacks in America today be more enjoyable and successful if they would only learn to appreciate the value of a good education?”(Page 184)Integration was bad for white people
“… one of the stated purposes of school integration was to bring black students up to a level close to that of white students. But, to the great disappointment of everyone, the results of this theory worked exactly in reverse of its intended purpose, and instead of black students rising to the educational levels previously attained by white students, the white students dropped to the level of black students. To make matters worse the lack of discipline and ambition of black students soon became shared by their white classmates, and our educational system has been in a steady decline ever since.”(Page 27)Immigration is bad.
..the immigration issue, both legal and illegal… will lead to planned wars or extermination. Although now this seems to be barbaric and uncivilized, it will at some point become as necessary as eating and breathing.”(Page 9)Don’t forget Nazi Germany.
“American Christians are assuming a similar stance as did the citizens of Germany during Hitler’s rise to power.”(Page 158)
And of course, Hubbard is Super-Christian, promising to uphold Christian values on his campaign’s website:
“…perhaps the most important pledge I can make to the people of District 58, the citizens of Arkansas, and to myself, is to do whatever I can to defend, protect, and preserve our Christian heritage,” Hubbard writes.“Regardless of one’s religious beliefs, if we as a nation continue to turn away from those Christian principles and values upon which this great nation was founded, we will have truly lost everything worth saving!”
What values would those be? Perhaps hate-mongering, ignorance, extremism and racism, because that is the only value set Hubbard seems to promote. While, certainly, his thoughts aren’t indicative of all Republicans, they offer insight into why many people of color wouldn't touch the Party with a ten-foot pole.
Around here the Republican Party is becoming the Party for divorced men.
honestabe

United States

#4 Oct 8, 2012
yu goofyfu//.abe lincoln was a repub.
my town too

Lenexa, KS

#5 Oct 8, 2012
tim wrote:
When liberals continue to tell blacks that they cannot be self-sufficient or make wise choices for their own lives and need the government to take care of them, they will continue to only vote democrats; they would rather sell their soul for a government handout rather than live responsibly with pride and integrity. Too many blacks in this country believe the liberals when they tell them they are inferior because of the color of their skin. It is shocking that there are any blacks at all who vote for liberals. Conservatives actually believe you can achieve anything you wish with hard work and determination regardless of the color of your skin and there are many blacks that have done it. That is what Martin Luther King would have wanted. He should've been our first black president but unfortunately his time was during a different era.
"It is shocking that there are any blacks at all who vote for liberals." Really?
The sentiments expressed by the republican leader sums it up very well but you, as a supporter of republican hatred, can't get your mind around why people of color gravitate to the left instead of voting with you? That is so pathetically funny.
You have the gall then, to inject Martin Luther King into your argument? Is it any real wonder why so many people now are too ashamed to call themselves republican? Most of your political candidates will not openly identify themselves as a republican on their campaign signs because they know it will only attract the totally illogical extremists and backward nut-cases. You people even hate yourselves.
honestabe

United States

#6 Oct 8, 2012
well said mtt.
evident

Johnston City, IL

#7 Oct 8, 2012
tim wrote:
When liberals continue to tell blacks that they cannot be self-sufficient or make wise choices for their own lives and need the government to take care of them, they will continue to only vote democrats; they would rather sell their soul for a government handout rather than live responsibly with pride and integrity. Too many blacks in this country believe the liberals when they tell them they are inferior because of the color of their skin. It is shocking that there are any blacks at all who vote for liberals. Conservatives actually believe you can achieve anything you wish with hard work and determination regardless of the color of your skin and there are many blacks that have done it. That is what Martin Luther King would have wanted. He should've been our first black president but unfortunately his time was during a different era.
It is evident that you were not alive during the Martin Luther King years. Ask your elders about what actually was taking place during those years.
tim

Chanhassen, MN

#8 Oct 8, 2012
Well I hope another 4 years of Obama can make you guys' dreams come true! My prediction is in 2016 you'll be just as angry blaming anyone and everyone. The rich will stay rich no matter who the president is. I'm in no way rich, and i'm worse off now than in 2008 thats for sure.
just a thought

United States

#9 Oct 8, 2012
Republicans seem to hate anyone who isn't ridiculously rich. Black, white, yellow, red...they don't care. The only color they care about is Money Green.
tim

Chanhassen, MN

#10 Oct 8, 2012
just a thought wrote:
Republicans seem to hate anyone who isn't ridiculously rich. Black, white, yellow, red...they don't care. The only color they care about is Money Green.
How so? Was $1.85 gas when bush left office hating us? Or cheaper food? Please give examples and for the love of God please don't say tax cuts for the rich.
just a thought

United States

#11 Oct 8, 2012
Gas may have been $1.85 the day Bush left office but I honestly think that was the ONLY day that gas was that cheap during the Bush administration and that was probably just a gimmick so that people could come back years later and say "duh, look how cheap gas was when Bush left office". But everyone seems to be forgetting that gas was just as high during his regime as it is now. Google it. You'll see it in black and white. Gas prices started climbing to ridiculous prices in 2004 and have gotten higher ever since then (except for that random day Bush left office and gas was miraculously at a reasonable price for the first time since his second term, which he should've never had a second term. He was a dumbass). Under Repubs, the housing market collapsed and caused havoc on a global scale, all because of the deregulation of banks. Do you really think these guys gave a f*ck that hundreds of thousands of people were going to lose their homes because of the crappy mortgages they allowed to pass through? Heck no!! They didn't care about PEOPLE, they cared about MONEY. And they care about the American workers and the economy so much they show it by taxing the f*ck out of the middle/working class and giving corporations tax breaks and all these corporations end up outsourcing to somewhere foreign so the American citizens don't benefit from the Repubs beloved "trickle down" theory. Name me ONE good thing ANY Republican has did for the citizens of America?? All they do is start wars and send jobs overseas and watch the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Anyone who is a working class or middle class American and votes Republican is stupid.
tim

Chanhassen, MN

#12 Oct 8, 2012
Hell yeah! This my new $hit right here..

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/828280...
tim

Chanhassen, MN

#13 Oct 8, 2012
This works better..

&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player
observer

Chanhassen, MN

#14 Oct 9, 2012
just a thought wrote:
Gas may have been $1.85 the day Bush left office but I honestly think that was the ONLY day that gas was that cheap during the Bush administration and that was probably just a gimmick so that people could come back years later and say "duh, look how cheap gas was when Bush left office". But everyone seems to be forgetting that gas was just as high during his regime as it is now. Google it. You'll see it in black and white. Gas prices started climbing to ridiculous prices in 2004 and have gotten higher ever since then (except for that random day Bush left office and gas was miraculously at a reasonable price for the first time since his second term, which he should've never had a second term. He was a dumbass). Under Repubs, the housing market collapsed and caused havoc on a global scale, all because of the deregulation of banks. Do you really think these guys gave a f*ck that hundreds of thousands of people were going to lose their homes because of the crappy mortgages they allowed to pass through? Heck no!! They didn't care about PEOPLE, they cared about MONEY. And they care about the American workers and the economy so much they show it by taxing the f*ck out of the middle/working class and giving corporations tax breaks and all these corporations end up outsourcing to somewhere foreign so the American citizens don't benefit from the Repubs beloved "trickle down" theory. Name me ONE good thing ANY Republican has did for the citizens of America?? All they do is start wars and send jobs overseas and watch the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Anyone who is a working class or middle class American and votes Republican is stupid.
Chew on these facts. If you call providing a better business climate so you can find a job easier "racist", then this country is in deep deep trouble.

Under Clinton, the average unemployment rate was 5.2 % Under George W. Bush, the average unemployment rate was 5.3 %. Under Barack Obama, The month after he took office the unemployment rate rose above 8 % and it has stayed there ever since.

Real median household income has decreased by more than 4k dollars since Obama.

The US has plenty of oil and we should not have to import it from the Middle East. Unfortunately, Obama has an absolutely nightmarish energy policy. Under Clinton, the number of drilling permits approved rose by 58 percent. Under Bush, the number of drilling permits approved rose by 116 percent. Under Obama, the number of drilling permits approved decreased by 36 percent.

When Obama took office, the average price of a gallon of gasoline was $1.85. Today, the average price of a gallon of gasoline is $3.71.

Under Obama, the US lost more than 300k education jobs.
#7 Since Obama became president, the number of long-term unemployed Americans

While Obama has been president, U.S. home values have fallen by another 12 %.

More than three times as many new homes were sold in the US in 2005 as will be sold in 2012.

Electricity bills in the US have risen faster than the overall rate of inflation for five years in a row. Thanks Obama.

Since 2008, our economy has lost 1.3 million jobs while at the same time 3.6 million more Americans have been added to Social Security’s disability insurance program.

The number of Americans on food stamps has grown from 31.9 million when Obama took office to 46.4 milliontoday.

The U.S. government has run a budget deficit of well over a trillion dollars every single year under Obama.

Under Obama, U.S. debt was downgraded from AAA status for the first time ever.

During the Obama administration, the U.S. national debt has grown more than it did from the time that George Washington became president to the beginning of Bill Clinton’s second term as president.
Factchecker

Mounds, IL

#15 Oct 9, 2012
You are obviously a foxnews subscriber. Surely you remember when they reported this little tidbit in 2008...
In the summer of 2008, when the average U.S. gasoline price hit a record high of $4.11, Fox said that "no President has the power to increase or to lower gas prices."
In 2008, Fox's coverage occasionally even mirrored the facts: expanding domestic oil drilling will not significantly lower prices, and the only way to reduce our vulnerability to gas price spikes is to use less oil.

This alone renders your "facts" regarding the average price of gasoline in 2008 at 1.85 per gallon as a complete lie. Any American with a memory could have told you that.
So what does that Lie tell us about the rest of your post?
face it

AOL

#16 Oct 9, 2012
All Republicans are Bull Hockey, Get it.
short

Johnston City, IL

#17 Oct 9, 2012
A lot of you folks seem to have memory problems. You remember things the way you want and some of you remember things that never even happened. Be a part of the solution not a part of the problem. Republicans just seem to want to bitch and make up facts and so called logic. The logic are not facts and the facts are not logical.
honestabe

United States

#18 Oct 9, 2012
get over it .president romney is your new man.
observer

Chanhassen, MN

#19 Oct 9, 2012
honestabe wrote:
get over it .president romney is your new man.
I hope! But if Obama is re elected I will stand behind him too, because as an American I will support my president no matter what (even if he's not very good :)).
Christian

Mounds, IL

#20 Oct 9, 2012
honestabe wrote:
get over it .president romney is your new man.
If that's the case then prepare to accept Mormonism as our national religion. Romney plans to have us all pay taxes to the Mormon church. He intends to call it "ties" but it will be a tax. Any mandatory contribution is a tax no matter what you call it.
I didn't believe the so-called war against women but eliminating the bigamy law is just that, forcing any number of women to marry one man is just not right. Wouldn't that be adultry and against God?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cairo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
teresa hall Thu Yum 4
Southern illinosian 7/18 article Jul 18 coming 1
that curt guy (Apr '16) Jul 17 Hmmm 14
News Residents of Cairo public housing complex settl... Jul 17 No doubt 1
News Cairo, IL residents continues preparations to m... Jul 17 TCI 8
Ditterwhine (Mar '15) Jul 17 Remington 25
kandi and rhonda long (Oct '14) Jul 14 Bosecker 6

Cairo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cairo Mortgages