United States

#61 Apr 14, 2013
guest wrote:
Did they ever bring in bloodhounds?
Bump
what

Sesser, IL

#62 Apr 15, 2013
What do you mean? Larry potts is her pastor.
GFYTCIWBBSD

United States

#63 Apr 17, 2013
karma is a bitch wrote:
CPD cannot be faulted in how they handled this matter. As a matter of fact, they need to be applauded. They did not tell the family they had to wait 24 hours. It appears they responded immediately and aggressively.
That being said, even if they did their very best and had top notch detectives on staff, there was little they could do if she was abducted other than wait for leads to come to them.
The mayor, the city council, the commissioners, States Attorney Jeff Farris, Rev Potts and the other local clergy, the family AND the community needed to organize within 24 hours of her disappearance to get a national spotlight on the case.
I think, going forward from here, now 14 days later, the only hope is for the family and police to share what information they have gathered with the public.
Good analysis Karma, I agree that they can not be faulted. I also believe it true what you have said about the above mentioned entities. I wanted to also comment that I was looking at the issue from a post immediate situation (24-48 hrs being the immediate time frame) when i wrote my comment. What was accomplished in the first 24 hours are of great importance and I believe that they handled it the best they could in their capacity. As an ongoing investigation is where crucial know-how and experience leaves things a bit to be desired. National exposure would have been a great thing even social media can be helpful.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#64 Apr 17, 2013
Any good news to share? Or any news at all about the investigation?
You never know

Cairo, IL

#65 Apr 17, 2013
Has no one made a Facebook page to bring attention to this case? It might help. It might not be much, but at the very least it will remind people that this is still unsolved.
whitedove1

United States

#66 Apr 18, 2013
just maybe she doesn't wanna be found????i hope thats the case.
Sam I am

Marianna, AR

#67 Apr 19, 2013
whitedove1 wrote:
just maybe she doesn't wanna be found????i hope thats the case.
Doesn't wanna be found? Hmmm. That's possible I suppose. If one plans to vanish without a trace, one would pick an area to live out the rest of one's days without any chance of discovery. Unless one plans to vanish into some barren, mountainous region and live off the land, one would also need some means of support. One would have to accumulate a significant amount of funds over time or acquire funding to finance this endeavor by some other means. Transportation would also be a factor.
Ask yourself, is this likely in Sandy's case?
whitedove1

United States

#68 Apr 19, 2013
any scenario is possible in this life.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#69 Apr 19, 2013
Not sure why, but I asked this before and it went away.

Did Sandy have any kids?
Annie

Elgin, IL

#70 Apr 22, 2013
I am so sorry....Has anything been done? Any changes in thw investegation? Has a volunteer group/post been set up yet?
The Watcher wrote:
Did they ever find her brother Kenny who went missing a couple years ago? I came down from North Illinois and i took route 3. I know sandy and i did not see her. i went back up north on 57 to route 3 and saw nothing.

Dongola, IL

#71 Apr 23, 2013
guest wrote:
Did they ever bring in bloodhounds?
Take it nope ..........
Gee wizz

Monroe, LA

#72 Apr 24, 2013
Cairo don't care but they should look at Robert smith he beat her alot
KFVS report of body

Poplar Bluff, MO

#73 Apr 24, 2013
KFVS is reporting a body in the Ohio near Cairo I believe. The report says female with jeans and sneakers...
CBS

Hardy, AR

#74 Apr 24, 2013
Gee wizz wrote:
Cairo don't care but they should look at Robert smith he beat her alot
Local TV stations reported that the body of a fm was found in the OHIO RIVER near Paducah today!!! She was wearing Blue jeans & White Nike tennis shoes. This sounds pretty close to home to me.

Anna, IL

#75 Apr 24, 2013

Anna, IL

#76 Apr 24, 2013
From the Cairo Citizen:

BREAKING: Body identified as that of missing woman
A body found in the Ohio River near Paducah Ky. this morning has been identified by family as that of Sandra Farris. Farris went missing March 28 after taking a walk around St. Mary’s Park in Cairo. This story is developing and we will bring updates as they are received.

Cairo, IL

#77 Apr 24, 2013
Does a body flow upstream? Something going on here took a walk around the park and ended up in pad.???? Think about it???
CBS

Hardy, AR

#78 Apr 24, 2013
guest wrote:
Does a body flow upstream? Something going on here took a walk around the park and ended up in pad.???? Think about it???
No, but the body may have been snaged by a barge going up stream.
Jim Cantore

Tucker, GA

#79 Apr 24, 2013
guest wrote:
Possibly pulled by a barge
psychicstalker

Bowling Green, KY

#80 Apr 25, 2013
guest wrote:
WPSD Channel 6 news in Paducah has reported that an autopsy has been done and police DO NOT suspect foul play.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cairo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cairo Expungement and sealing of criminal records Sat overhere 3
important information Apr 18 overhere 7
st(d) Apr 17 Detective 2
Is Cairo Safe For A Retirement Couple ? (Apr '16) Apr 12 Yep 57
Preachers in mounds Apr 12 Tiara 1
No civil rights Apr 7 Here is your sign 1
Larry Potts Apr 4 guest 3

Cairo Jobs

Personal Finance

Cairo Mortgages