First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Hate Cooking

Belleville, IL

#1 Feb 9, 2013
I hate to cook. I found a solution for cooking meals for my family since I work outside the home also. I make meatballs and meatloaf the same day. We have spegetti with a salad the first day and meatloaf, potatoes and veg the second day. I make the meatloaf and meatballs and put them in two pans in the oven and cook them at the same time. Reheating the meatloaf in the microwave the second day. I do chili and sloppy joes also. Brown the meat and separate and make chil out of half and sloppy joes out of the rest for the next day. You can make double the amount of a caserole and freeze half for a later day also. Hope this helps some other working moms too.
I know

Belleville, IL

#2 Feb 10, 2013
Ham and beans, chili, stew and lasagna all freezegood. It does help to cook ahead and freeze especially if you have children. I have been doing this for a long time.
hongery

United States

#3 Feb 10, 2013
You ever tried making beans with pork steaks instead of ham? That's the way I usually cook them and pork steaks are much cheaper than ham.
I cook for one and take half a bag of Northern beans and 1 pork steak, trim the fat off and cook them together in a slow cooker. When the pork steak falls apart into little pieces it's done.
Yum

Edwardsville, IL

#4 Feb 10, 2013
Sounds good. I am going to try the beans and pork steaks.
wiser

Aptos, CA

#5 Feb 10, 2013
Yum wrote:
Sounds good. I am going to try the beans and pork steaks.
Sounds like Waste/0f life
How fun
dope head

Belleville, IL

#6 Feb 11, 2013
wiser wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like Waste/0f life
How fun
Smoking dope Jason is a waste of time and taking women for their money you jiggolo.
hongery

Edwardsville, IL

#7 Feb 11, 2013
Hate Cooking wrote:
I hate to cook. I found a solution for cooking meals for my family since I work outside the home also. I make meatballs and meatloaf the same day. We have spegetti with a salad the first day and meatloaf, potatoes and veg the second day. I make the meatloaf and meatballs and put them in two pans in the oven and cook them at the same time. Reheating the meatloaf in the microwave the second day. I do chili and sloppy joes also. Brown the meat and separate and make chil out of half and sloppy joes out of the rest for the next day. You can make double the amount of a caserole and freeze half for a later day also. Hope this helps some other working moms too.
One thing I have noticed over the years is that some food that has been reheated in a microwave doesn't taste the same as when you cooked it. Have you ever noticed that?
I generally reheat on the lowest level that I can get by with in the microwave regardless of whatever I'm cooking.
Hate Cooking

Belleville, IL

#8 Feb 11, 2013
Alot of stuff gets soggy in the microwave. Pizza is one and fried chicken another. For some reason chicken never tastes good after the first day, cold or heated.
Good eating

Belleville, IL

#9 Feb 11, 2013
I had t-bone steak, fried potatoes, and red beets for supper. Shop N Save had t-bones on sale $6.98 pound. I have a little electric grill I use and the steaks turn out real tender.
hongery

United States

#10 Feb 11, 2013
Good eating wrote:
I had t-bone steak, fried potatoes, and red beets for supper. Shop N Save had t-bones on sale $6.98 pound. I have a little electric grill I use and the steaks turn out real tender.
Last week I had to go to Schnucks to pick up my meds and they had 2 of them ready but not the other so I did some shopping and kept going by the meat counter and looking at the steaks that were on sale.
They had T bones on sale for $5.79 a lb or Porterhouse Steaks for $6.29. I wanted a steak big time and about my third pass on the meat counter I spotted a Porter House steak that had been reduced 25% and that was $4.86 for a 1 pound steak.
I bought it and it was very good plus I save about 2 bucks. That's not a bad deal.
Concerned Citizen

United States

#11 Feb 11, 2013
hongery wrote:
<quoted text>
Last week I had to go to Schnucks to pick up my meds and they had 2 of them ready but not the other so I did some shopping and kept going by the meat counter and looking at the steaks that were on sale.
They had T bones on sale for $5.79 a lb or Porterhouse Steaks for $6.29. I wanted a steak big time and about my third pass on the meat counter I spotted a Porter House steak that had been reduced 25% and that was $4.86 for a 1 pound steak.
I bought it and it was very good plus I save about 2 bucks. That's not a bad deal.
You're not taking meds with your Stag, are you, Trucker?

That's dangerous as all get out!

Ever apply to White Castle?
well

Belleville, IL

#12 Feb 11, 2013
That was a good price for steak. I like to get the round steaks on sale and tenderize them some and flour them and brown them and then cook them on slow with some water in them until tender. It's real good.
Richard

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Feb 11, 2013
well wrote:
That was a good price for steak. I like to get the round steaks on sale and tenderize them some and flour them and brown them and then cook them on slow with some water in them until tender. It's real good.
While we're on the subject, Trucker, is it true that you share a bunk bed with your brother, Michael?

Not that there's anything wrong with that!
I see

Belleville, IL

#14 Feb 11, 2013
I see the shyt disturbers have ruined another discussion. Mascoutah ISP. All those drugs have fried her brain. "Call me. I didn't do nothing." Ugly skank needs to fix herself up. White air and black roots. Classy. And get those teeth fixed.
Pray

Belleville, IL

#15 Feb 11, 2013
Pray for me not to hate these mean people. Something in their life has caused this or they were not given the proper guidance. They need prayer and so do I because hate is not good for anyone. In Jesus' name. Amen
Richard

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Feb 12, 2013
Pray wrote:
Pray for me not to hate these mean people. Something in their life has caused this or they were not given the proper guidance. They need prayer and so do I because hate is not good for anyone. In Jesus' name. Amen
I'd be happy to pray that you get off welfare, alcohol and Topix, and get a job.

Let us bow our heads....

“Monya Kissmyass Riester!”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#17 Feb 12, 2013
Why don't you leave the old bastard alone? Your only doing this cuz you know he will blame. Knock it off seriously!

“Monya Kissmyass Riester!”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#19 Feb 12, 2013
Hate Cooking wrote:
I always brown up some hamburger meat n separate it n make chili,taco mix, hamburger soup & tater tot casserole etc. Definitely cuts down on cooking time when the meat is already to go!
Well Done

Belleville, IL

#20 Feb 12, 2013
Done.
hongery

Edwardsville, IL

#21 Feb 12, 2013
well wrote:
I didn't think you could make a round steak tender and I don't recall ever buying one but when I was a kid my mother would buy them. She had a little wooden mall that she would pound on them to make it tender.
I like chuck steaks and used to eat them fairly regular till beef prices got so high.

Shop n Save has a good sale on Prarie Farms Ice creme this week.$2.50 for a half gallon so that's a stock up price to me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cahokia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jennifer seago kostoff 8 min MemyselfandI 3
Firesticks Dirk 10 min Friend of Dirk 3
R u looking 4 a job 34 min Friend of Dirk 21
Mamma Roll licks Durango’s azz 57 min R Rollo 1
interesting information Mon sinner 25
topix moderator Apr 19 Come on already 14
man shot at county line Apr 16 R Rollo 4

Cahokia Jobs

Personal Finance

Cahokia Mortgages