Village of Cahokia Website

Village of Cahokia Website

Posted in the Cahokia Forum

Cahokia Mom

Edwardsville, IL

#1 Mar 14, 2012
It took them a while, but Cahokia's website is now up and running. I found a few typos, and additional information is being added, but it looks pretty good!

Good going Gary & company...

http://www.cahokiaillinois.org/index.php
Deeky

Edwardsville, IL

#2 Mar 14, 2012
How much is this costing us? A Wordpress site and hosting should not cost more than $25 per month at the most. Wordpress would let any employee update the site easily and it has lots of free plugins and themes you can use to add features. If this costs more than that, and the developer is charging a monthly fee to maintain it...it is a ripoff and the same old same old graft and incompetence. Developers live to rip off gov'ment entities when folks who let these contracts don't know better. Cahokia officials were told about WP though, so if they did something sifferent, let's ask why. The site you linked to is a very simple site and should not cost more than $25 per month. I know village employees have enough time to update it themselves. There are more WP plugins that can add features to that site. You'd be surprised what's out there.
02193hd84hdm

Edwardsville, IL

#3 Mar 14, 2012
Deeky wrote:
How much is this costing us?

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/...

It looks like Bergman had already paid for the site since it started in 2007 & runs through 2015 and it was designed by Image Excellence - 12 Emerald Terrace Suite A - Swansea, IL 62226
Kim

Edwardsville, IL

#4 Mar 15, 2012
It does look nice. I do some web dev work myself. Would be nice to have a job area where folks could register and post local jobs and things like that. WP would let you do that. May have to be monitored, but not much if you had folks give their real personal info and be verified first. Links to free educational stuff so folks could gain skills is doable too. Ride shares, free ads, etc. WP has plugins for that. Really would be an inexpensive way to get the word out about a lot of things we never see in the newspapers about Cahokia. If we can keep the bigoted arguments out of it that seem to show up here on Topix in every other thread, which making folks give personal info to register would likely do, it could thrive and be a positive thing. Cahokia has so much talent waiting that doesn't know the right steps to take to get going it seems.

“I don't like spam!”

Since: Dec 11

USA

#5 Mar 15, 2012
If it was started in 2007 why is there so many things you click on for info "pending"?
02193hd84hdm

Edwardsville, IL

#6 Mar 15, 2012
Small town love affair wrote:
If it was started in 2007 why is there so many things you click on for info "pending"?
I believe it would be updates.
Bergman had several sites out there & this is one of many.
I seen a couple that still had board members on it from Bergman's first election.
seen it

East Saint Louis, IL

#7 Mar 18, 2012
Cahokia Mom wrote:
It took them a while, but Cahokia's website is now up and running. I found a few typos, and additional information is being added, but it looks pretty good!
Good going Gary & company...
http://www.cahokiaillinois.org/index.php
I thank you for posting the new website for Cahokia.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cahokia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Granite city cinema 39 min idol reject 65
Karbons Knotty Pine 1 hr Mikey 12
Leave Dirk Alone or Else 1 hr free spirit 124
Michael reyes, Jay Pinero? 2 hr Gcme 15
Pam barr 3 hr mahz 6
pam barr (Oct '13) 3 hr Rerer jr 55
*Keep a word - - Drop a word* (Aug '10) 5 hr Princess Hey 3,405

Cahokia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance