Arrest made in Cahokia Homicide

Full story: Fox2Now

The Major Case Squad has made an arrest in Thursday nights homicide in Cahokia. Nineteen year old Craig Nichols, Jr.
Comments
1 - 20 of 201 Comments Last updated Jun 1, 2011
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
what

Collinsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

the dead dude took his younger brother on a dime bag buy? not a good choice
Hates Crime

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

trash. blow his head off and those devious eyes. better yet, when he gets to prison, hopefully someone will take an ice pick and gorge his eyes right out of his skull!
loco al

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

Looks like he has room temperature IQ.What a piece of Sh#t sombody needs to do the same to him.He's breathing our good air and should"nt be.
FREE CRAIG

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

For those on here making conclusions and hateful comments about him, you need to take a step back!! You dont know the whole story the media is not 100% true; he is not found guilty and until then he remains innocent. You need to worry more about the young life thats going to waste and how it could've been prevented. Just like the victim Craig also has family who loves him and who are hurting by this...
tasker109

O Fallon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

FREE CRAIG wrote:
For those on here making conclusions and hateful comments about him, you need to take a step back!! You dont know the whole story the media is not 100% true; he is not found guilty and until then he remains innocent. You need to worry more about the young life thats going to waste and how it could've been prevented. Just like the victim Craig also has family who loves him and who are hurting by this...
hateful comments??????? he killed a man. doesnt matter what the circumstances. he killed a man while that mans brother watched....no sympathy for craig. sorry charlie
FREE CRAIG

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

tasker109 wrote:
<quoted text>
hateful comments??????? he killed a man. doesnt matter what the circumstances. he killed a man while that mans brother watched....no sympathy for craig. sorry charlie
no one knows whether he killed him or not!! you cant believe everything the news says, i know craig, you and everybody else on here going off something you seen on tv. this young man has kids and like i said family that care about him; im not saying he did or didnt do this crime because i dont know just like you dont but instead of people critizing and make rude comments that dont need to be said they need to think of ways to better the community so that things like this wont happen!
ComradeObongo

Scott Air Force Base, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

FREE CRAIG wrote:
<quoted text>
no one knows whether he killed him or not!! you cant believe everything the news says, i know craig, you and everybody else on here going off something you seen on tv. this young man has kids and like i said family that care about him; im not saying he did or didnt do this crime because i dont know just like you dont but instead of people critizing and make rude comments that dont need to be said they need to think of ways to better the community so that things like this wont happen!
Give this murdering, knucle dragging pavement ape a short noose on a high tree limb and let the left overs hang to rot.
How many whites have to be murdered by these sub-human creatures before we react?
WOW

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

Free Craig u need to be the first one back on saying u were wrong about your little buddy and accept the fact that u know the truth but cant stomach your homeboy killed someone else for nothing other then wanting too make himself look hard in front of his hommies.
Wortheless piece of crap and they arrested cause he was so dumb he was probably driving that Red Chevy and so u knonw the media will back your people way before they back us white people so dont come on here about the meida cause i have known along time say since OJ that the media is in the black mans corner.
RIP Blake And FREE CRAIG maybe your hommie should have thought about being home with his kid instead of out being a thug in the streets and he wouldnt be in jail
sickntired

Smithton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

get em "wow", i live in cahokia and know the guy who got shot,it was over a dime bag,he shot a man over a dime bag, THERE IS NO EXCUSE.
BOOM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

Judged:

I can't believe how many racist are on here. There have been plenty of other murders in Cahokia and plenty of other places. when a black person dies it never fails for the media to blow them off. Yet when its a white person the media and these corrupt police departments fight tooth and nail to find out who did it. when was the last time you looked at Nancy Grace and saw a story about a missing black child? not never because it wont happen. i am not racist but I will not sit here and let you all refer to my race as knucle dragging pavement apes,sub-human creatures,and a worthless piece of crap. We do not live in the slavery days anymore. like it or not we are hear to stay. Oh, and incase you haven't looked around YOUR PRESIDENT IS BLACK!!!! I'm just sayin, don't kill the messenger.
Hanity

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

Judged:

For one your president is not Black he is what you call mixed Aight Half Black Half White wow how smart you are.Second why does it always have to be about slavery.Who cares get over it that was along time ago. Third i see you all rockin your MLK teeshirts and Malcohm X ones also how about reading what they stood for I bet they are rolling in their graves about now along with Aberham Lincoln.Last the reason why it aint all over the news when a brotha gets murders is cuz it occurs daily in St Louis and the news has other things to report.Dont get it twisted.Just so you MLK stood for equal rights stop exploiting his dreams. So what did we learn today 1 Obama is half white 2Get over it 3 Something about MLK Just Saying dont kill the Messenger
Hanity

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

Talk about Racism
ms noni

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

What are you guys saying? The bottom line is someone was murder! I don't care what the situation was, this isn't acceptable. Some say the victim was buying drugs, and was in the wrong place at the wrong time, others say the murderer shot him, because he was trying to show off in front of his friends. Whatever the situation, HE DIDN'T DESERVE TO DIE! The laws here in this country are to lenient.
This wouldn't never happen in Japan! I pray for both families this is sooooooooooooo horrible!
Ded

East Saint Louis, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

Judged:

Well FreeCraig if your friend is innocent I'm sure justice will prevail but if he isn't (and considering this is the major case sqaud making this arrest he probably isn't) Who will you blame next? It's been 3 days and it seems every witness that can verify his whereabouts at the time put him at the scene. Children at home and he's hanging on the corner? Did he lose his job after he was arrested? Did he have one to lose? It isn't the media's fault this got so much publication. Your friend just chose to murder someone on a slow news night for the Illinois Bureau. Why did they specifically target this proud father who was probably reading Bible passages to the blind when he was picked up? The answer is simple.... Thugs eat their own. More than likely it was one of your crew who ratted him out. The no snitch rule only applies when THAT person dosen't want to be snitched out. Dudes wanna be hard on a corner defending their faux honor when they have no job, no education and a bunch of kids that they can conceive but not man enough to truly be a father to. If you really want to be this guy's friend then if he is guilty you should take an active role in making sure his children don't follow the same path as he took.
nono

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

Judged:

what wrote:
the dead dude took his younger brother on a dime bag buy? not a good choice
You are a liar. They tried to rob and high jack their truck you moron.
yeap

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

BOOM wrote:
I can't believe how many racist are on here. There have been plenty of other murders in Cahokia and plenty of other places. when a black person dies it never fails for the media to blow them off. Yet when its a white person the media and these corrupt police departments fight tooth and nail to find out who did it. when was the last time you looked at Nancy Grace and saw a story about a missing black child? not never because it wont happen. i am not racist but I will not sit here and let you all refer to my race as knucle dragging pavement apes,sub-human creatures,and a worthless piece of crap. We do not live in the slavery days anymore. like it or not we are hear to stay. Oh, and incase you haven't looked around YOUR PRESIDENT IS BLACK!!!! I'm just sayin, don't kill the messenger.
And how many neighborhoods have you moved in and destroyed. Cahokia once was a nice and safe town to live in. What happened to East St. Louis, Washington Park, Brooklyn, and a few other towns.
alert

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

FREE CRAIG wrote:
<quoted text>
He had kids and he was 17. I guess the taxpayers are paying for them and they will pay for his attorney also. Where are the parents when the kids are out walking the streets in a group like he was doing. It starts with teaching your children. And how could he hide a gun and his parents not know it.
why why

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

Judged:

yeap wrote:
<quoted text>
And how many neighborhoods have you moved in and destroyed. Cahokia once was a nice and safe town to live in. What happened to East St. Louis, Washington Park, Brooklyn, and a few other towns.
aman to that.
why why

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

Avenger wrote:
Explain something - why is it that daily when a black is accused/arrested/killed because he was involved in committing a crime all other blacks get on here saying things like 'you don't know the whole story, you don't know this guy, he was a good guy made a bad decision, don't make racist comments, YET NOT ONE BLACK PERSON WILL GO AFTER THE PUNK THUGS THEMSELVES TO CORRECT THE CORRUPTION THAT RUNS RAMPANT IN YOUR RACE! YOU PREACH DON'T JUDGE, YET YOU SIT ON YOUR REAR END/BUTT AND DO NOTHING BUT MAKE EXCUSES FOR THE PIECES OF CRAP THAT ARE DOING THE CRIME! Why don't you people start taking care of your OWN and make them act the way they are supposed to act in life instead of being a crumb bumb all of their lives! What the hell good are they? What do they provide this world? Nothing but trouble, thats what!
the white girls who has all these half and half babies one day u will wake up and there will b no black r whites just mixed.
kdiers

East Saint Louis, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

Judged:

I live on St. Michael, and have lived in Cahokia most of my life. This story is so sad. My daughter who just turned 20 came home from work at 10:30 that same night. I don't want to believe this was a random act, because then I think it could have been her. Cahokia used to be a safe place to live. But I can't believe all the statements people put on these blogs. Would the crime have been any less sad if the person killed were a 19 year old black man. I don't think so. It would be the same. People want to focus on race, well, how about the white slumlords who own hundreds of properties in Cahokia, but live no where near here? They rent to people without doing background checks. They are allowed to rent properties that should never pass code inspections. They are making millions of dollars at our expense. Why do the politicians in this town let this happen??? I have always loved living here, and keep hoping things will get better. People can say what they want, but there are good people still living in Cahokia. My prayers go to the victims family.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Cahokia Forum right now

Search the Cahokia Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Monte Maynor 8 hr Dupo fan 6
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 hr truth 48,928
large item pickup 16 hr special pickup 9
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 21 hr newpoly 1,864
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) Sun Chicagobunny 527
louis/works at Floyd's Sun funny 3
Sue johnson Sat good day 28
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cahokia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Cahokia People Search