Con Vic

Collinsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2008

http://www.bnd.com/news/local/story/516619.ht... Here is the story I bet Frank testified on his behalf. Its all about winning not honesty. Bergman has no integrity
No More

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2008

Con Vic wrote:
http://www.bnd.com/news/local/ story/516619.html Here is the story I bet Frank testified on his behalf. Its all about winning not honesty. Bergman has no integrity
I copied it because in the past after a day or two you can get a past article from their website..
----------

BELLEVILLE -- A Cahokia High School senior and robbery suspect who was being released daily to attend classes and football practice was ordered back to jail Friday after a St. Clair County judge learned the youth is not allowed to play on the football team.

Circuit Judge Milton Wharton ordered Briran Blake, who turned 18 Friday, to report to the principal's office to be taken into custody. Blake is awaiting trial on charges of aggravated robbery.

School administrators had been picking up Blake from jail each morning and dropping him off in the evening because of Wharton's Oct. 13 release order, designed to allow him to complete school for his diploma. The judge based his order on information given to him at a bail reduction hearing last week.

On Friday, Wharton called an emergency hearing and rescinded his earlier order, not because of any wrongdoing by the former Comanche running back and offensive lineman, but because those who had appeared Oct. 13 on Blake's behalf had not given the court "completely accurate" information, Wharton said.

"The court has to have 100 percent accuracy of information ... especially for serious charges," said Wharton, referring to information from witnesses and from a motion filed by Blake's attorney, Judy Cates, concerning the possibility that if released Blake could rejoin the unbeaten Cahokia Comanches football team.

"There needs to be absolute transparency in this matter," Wharton said.

Wharton held the emergency hearing in response to a News-Democrat story Friday that reported Blake has not played football this year.

On Friday, Assistant Principal Terrance Gaddy testified that although Principal Pam Manning didn't realize it when she testified for Blake last week, a regulation of the Illinois High School Association would penalize the Cahokia it allowed Blake to return. Gaddy said any student who misses more than 10 straight days of school is ineligible to play -- Blake was in jail from late August to Oct. 13. If the Comanches allowed him to return, they would not be allowed to compete in the playoffs, Gaddy said.

Wharton stressed that his previous order was aimed at education and not football. However, a court order resulting from his decision to release Blake on a limited basis contained specific references to "football practice," including dates and times.

At the previous bail reduction hearing, Cates presented as evidence several letters from colleges interested in Blake as a football player.

Wharton's order restores Blake's previous bond of $300,000, which requires $30,000 or its equivalent to be posted for release.

Cates asked for an expedited trial date and Wharton set it for Dec. 1. She also told Wharton that no eyewitness testimony connects her client to the armed robbery of several adults outside an O'Fallon residence Aug. 23.

Blake is not accused of actually carrying a weapon, but of being with another defendant who allegedly pointed what appeared to be a firearm at a man who was forced to surrender his wallet. The weapon proved to be a pellet or BB gun.

On the same day, Blake and his co-defendant, Darren Robinson, were arrested in Granite City and later charged with robbery of a woman who, according to a police report, was punched in the face.

Blake posted $5,000 and was released from the Madison County Jail, and was taken to the St. Clair County Jail.
kick him out

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2008

story on my foxstl
resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2008

Judged:

Pam Manning was a piece of artwork at the junior high, which leaves one to imagine just what kind of museum she has daily at the high school. I am so glad my kids are not subjected to her any more. If she wants to be addressed as DOCTOR Manning, she needs to earn the respect. She hasn't earned it in my opinion. She thinks she is God, not a principal. WAKE UP BOARD OF EDUCATION! She needs to go, and NOT go to school! OUT OF HERE!!
Stunned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2008

I can not believe the Cahokia community, parents, school district, board and teacher's union are going to allow Pam Manning and her merry men (Mr. Mitchell and Mr. Gaddy) to get away with this. How many times does she have to put our children and her staff in danger before someone steps up and says enough. Other principals have been removed from their positions even when the community and staff were screaming discrimination (Penniman 2002 and 2007, chs 2007) Yet Manning continues to flaunt around like God's gift to education and nothing is done. The board needs to stand up and put her in her place. She's not getting it done with test scores either. Only 1 in 5 passed the state test. No wonder this kid had to worry about football, he can't spell college any other wway!
Parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2008

I wonder if she would have done the same for a white student? Odds are not. This is why white students are punished for dress code violations and black students with the same violations are not.

We as parents of high school students need to demand her resignation. She is putting our children in danger.

Also she and Atty Cates (and if this is the same person as the belleville high school board member)
should have spoken with the athletic director to find out what the IHSA rules are as far as a student missing school to be eligible to practice/play.

Also heard Manning has arranged to have voting on election day at the high school to the students don't have to be late for school. Hum don't they get out early enough to vote after school or don't they have someone to chauffer them to the polls.
east stl extention

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2008

NURTURING MOM wrote:
Your Thoughts?
Its Cahokia, what do you expect? lol
I'd be suprised if there is only one.
east stl extention

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2008

Cahnces are there are more than one. You just found out about this certain one.
Concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2008

My daughter told me that Mrs. Manning came on the intercom today and talked about how she testified for this young man because of his character and tried to make it seem like she did the right thing! That boy has been in trouble before. What about protecting my daugther and the other students? How does Manning have the time to cart this kid around? I also heard he was at the high school doing "community service" on the week the kids were out for Fall Break. Why was that necessary? Why couldn't he stay in jail like everybody else? Special treatment for the bad kids, same as her Wirth Days. The Board needs to read this stuff.
jusme

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2008

Concerned wrote:
My daughter told me that Mrs. Manning came on the intercom today and talked about how she testified for this young man because of his character and tried to make it seem like she did the right thing! That boy has been in trouble before. What about protecting my daugther and the other students? How does Manning have the time to cart this kid around? I also heard he was at the high school doing "community service" on the week the kids were out for Fall Break. Why was that necessary? Why couldn't he stay in jail like everybody else? Special treatment for the bad kids, same as her Wirth Days. The Board needs to read this stuff.
Why don't you print it and take to the Board, since you want the information to be noted?!
fyi

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2008

resident wrote:
Pam Manning was a piece of artwork at the junior high, which leaves one to imagine just what kind of museum she has daily at the high school. I am so glad my kids are not subjected to her any more. If she wants to be addressed as DOCTOR Manning, she needs to earn the respect. She hasn't earned it in my opinion. She thinks she is God, not a principal. WAKE UP BOARD OF EDUCATION! She needs to go, and NOT go to school! OUT OF HERE!!
Jana supports everything Dr. Manning does so save your breath it's not all Manning. I bet you Jana knew what was going on with this whole situation!
Amen

Red Bud, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2008

fyi wrote:
<quoted text>
Jana supports everything Dr. Manning does so save your breath it's not all Manning. I bet you Jana knew what was going on with this whole situation!
You hit the nail on the head here. Jana if fully aware of what Pam does. Pam has enough sense to get things approved before she does it so it can't fall back on her. As to the board knowing, that is another story as Jana likes to keep the board in the dark.
Crap

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2008

Manning is a prejudiced piece of work. Her motto? Give give give to the black students at the expense of the whites.
lol

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Wonder how many other football players are on parole. I drove past there friday night and I thought I heard jingles, probably from their ankle braclets. Go Longest Yard, maybe they will make a movie about that lol.
interesting

Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2008

Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
You hit the nail on the head here. Jana if fully aware of what Pam does. Pam has enough sense to get things approved before she does it so it can't fall back on her. As to the board knowing, that is another story as Jana likes to keep the board in the dark.
Jana did not know about this!
really

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2008

interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
Jana did not know about this!
Well than manning should be fired!
resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2008

Crap wrote:
Manning is a prejudiced piece of work. Her motto? Give give give to the black students at the expense of the whites.
You hit the head on the nail on THIS one too! I am sorry, but I can't stand the woman!
parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2008

well i know the board has had it with her actions.
this may be the straw that broke the camels back.
waiting

Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2008

We just keep waiting for the board to do the right thing...waiting and waiting. The word is that there are some teachers who support her (mostly because they are scared of her) but the great majority dislike her intensely. Wouldn't CHS be a better school without her? There has to be better administrators out there somewhere.
not sure

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2008

She's probably under contract and it's all in the timing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of84
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Cahokia Forum right now

Search the Cahokia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Monster Riester 22 min Trucker Hunter 27
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 22 min KiMare 47,079
i miss my old home town 26 min Trucker Hunter 24
Easter dinner 29 min Trucker Hunter 7
I'll be in CahoKEE A tomorrow 31 min Trucker Hunter 1
Happy Easter 59 min Easter bunny 10
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 3 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,538
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cahokia Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Cahokia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance