First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Save

East Saint Louis, IL

#1 Jan 19, 2013
Here we go again. Cahokia School Board wants to close the School of Choice High School.

Let's trim the budget first.

Let's get rid of the two grant writers who earn one hundred thousand dollars each per year.

Illinois has no money. Cahokia did not receive any grants.

Save School of Choice High School. Please call Art Ryan today. three three two three seven zero zero
CFT1272

United States

#2 Jan 19, 2013
Look you need to write your state leaders and complain they are cutting roughly 3 million from Cahokia budget AGAIN CSC HS is one of many large cuts the district is going to endure the next school year I say get informed before you blame Art Ryan !!! CSC will be lucky if its open at all !!! Cuts will be deep and hard to take if the community wants to help be smart help them by calling your state rep !!! By the way they have numerous grant secured by the district !!! Cahokia should of supported a new high school also now your kids are gonna end up in a dump because you thought your kid would always be at CSC boy this community is in big trouble that's for sure !!!
XXX

Belleville, IL

#3 Jan 19, 2013
Cahokia is not the only school in trouble for money from the State
John Deere

Edwardsville, IL

#4 Jan 19, 2013
Cut all he jobs that the centreville township superviser has made up. Thats were to start . he will bankrupt anything he can get his hands on.....
Dad

East Saint Louis, IL

#5 Jan 20, 2013
CFT1272 wrote:
Look you need to write your state leaders and complain they are cutting roughly 3 million from Cahokia budget AGAIN CSC HS is one of many large cuts the district is going to endure the next school year I say get informed before you blame Art Ryan !!! CSC will be lucky if its open at all !!! Cuts will be deep and hard to take if the community wants to help be smart help them by calling your state rep !!! By the way they have numerous grant secured by the district !!! Cahokia should of supported a new high school also now your kids are gonna end up in a dump because you thought your kid would always be at CSC boy this community is in big trouble that's for sure !!!
What grants did they get? HOw much are the grants? What school were they used at? Finally someone who has inside information on the finances of Cahokia School District, you can share your information with us. Thanks.
CFT1272

Freeburg, IL

#6 Jan 20, 2013
Go to a board meeting like most people do for information !!!
not again

Glen Carbon, IL

#7 Jan 20, 2013
the CSC HS should have been shut last year - there are only a handful of kids in each class - that is a BIG waste of $$$$$- while the other classes are reaching the size of 30 -32 - it is not a responsible use of school funds!! the state only funded schools 89% of their $$$$$ this year!! People should be pissed about that!!! The state people say it will be even lower this year!!! Call your state rep - call James Clayborne - start getting pissed at them!!!
John Deere

Fairview Heights, IL

#8 Jan 20, 2013
Stop all the Political hiring and You wont learn anything at the board meetings the are a joke
Brian

Edwardsville, IL

#9 Jan 20, 2013
The problem with districts like Cahokia is that they do not have the tax base to pay their own way, thereby expecting the rest of the state to pay taxes to foot the bill.
Why should others have to pay for cahokia, East St Louis etc offals who quite frankly just end up on welfare anyway?
CFT1272

Freeburg, IL

#10 Jan 20, 2013
If we had the money from all the tif in Cahokia school district $$$ wouldn't be an issue at all !!! Millions in sauget and Cahokia tif that tesla problem !!!!!!
not again

Glen Carbon, IL

#11 Jan 21, 2013
Brian - ALL districts get state funding & ALL districts are making tough choices & cutting costs right now - this is not a unique problem just for Cahokia - the state collects $$$$ under the pretense of it going to the schools - then it takes away part of that $$$$ to pay on bills it is still behind on - the "robbing peter to pay paul" school of money management!!!! NOT TOO SMART!!!
parent

Collinsville, IL

#12 Jan 21, 2013
so when your talking about closing the school of choice your just talking about ninth thru twelfth , right?
Brian

Edwardsville, IL

#13 Jan 21, 2013
not again wrote:
Brian - ALL districts get state funding & ALL districts are making tough choices & cutting costs right now - this is not a unique problem just for Cahokia - the state collects $$$$ under the pretense of it going to the schools - then it takes away part of that $$$$ to pay on bills it is still behind on - the "robbing peter to pay paul" school of money management!!!! NOT TOO SMART!!!
All districts get state (taxpayer) funding because the state redistributes from the higher income areas to the lower income areas.
That's exactly the problem. Cahokia isn't pulling its weight causing good school districts to have to give up funding for cahokia...a faulire of a district
not again

Glen Carbon, IL

#14 Jan 21, 2013
that's not quite the problem - the state is being very tricky & not cutting the spending per student, so we don't GET the poverty "help" - they are doing this to every district statewide - so even "well off" districts are making serious & deep cuts - ask Edwardsville - they still have some ability to borrow some $$$$ to help them at the present time - but that's just kicking the can down the road - many districts are talking about "pay to play" for activities & sports, cutting transportation (like ESL just did), closing buildings, combining some smaller districts......
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>All districts get state (taxpayer) funding because the state redistributes from the higher income areas to the lower income areas.
That's exactly the problem. Cahokia isn't pulling its weight causing good school districts to have to give up funding for cahokia...a faulire of a district
not again

Glen Carbon, IL

#15 Jan 21, 2013
yes - just grades 9-12
parent wrote:
so when your talking about closing the school of choice your just talking about ninth thru twelfth , right?
John Deere

Fairview Heights, IL

#16 Jan 21, 2013
Cahokia district is hiring politcal haks they dont care about the students. you better wake up and get rid of these people
Top Heavy Salaries

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Jan 24, 2013
I've never understood why Cahokia, has such highly paid teachers and administrators and research assistants and grant writers and so on and so forth.

This is a welfare town. Why are people in the school district earning one hundred thousand dollars a year as a salary, not to mention their sick leave, vacation, medical insurance, and bonuses???
Centreville Native

United States

#18 Jan 24, 2013
Top Heavy Salaries wrote:
I've never understood why Cahokia, has such highly paid teachers and administrators and research assistants and grant writers and so on and so forth.
This is a welfare town. Why are people in the school district earning one hundred thousand dollars a year as a salary, not to mention their sick leave, vacation, medical insurance, and bonuses???
A lot of those administrator positions were created, and I totally agree with you but as for the teachers, they are union and the Board has to agree with their contract in order for them to get raises and most of them do earn their pay. I wish you would just visit some of these schools these kids are horrible to deal with. I know because I visit these schools regularly. It's awful how these teachers are treated. GOOD LUCK WITH THE CLOSING OF CSC !
Brian

Edwardsville, IL

#19 Jan 24, 2013
Merge Xahokia schools with East St Louis already.
Duh

United States

#20 Jan 24, 2013
Brian wrote:
Merge Xahokia schools with East St Louis already.
brian you are just retarded

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cahokia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
grider 3 hr Mr Clean 4
black man 3 hr Mikey 7
A kiss 3 hr nunya 5
Monks Mounds & 1940's 3 hr brian liplock 43
Do you approve of Gary Cornwell as Mayor? (Mar '12) 21 hr HEA schmea 49
Police activity Oct 22 Bob 1
Sandy ridge bar (Sep '12) Oct 21 culbreth2282 24
Cahokia Dating
Find my Match

Cahokia Jobs