German Shepherd/Pit Bull

German Shepherd/Pit Bull

Posted in the Cahokia Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jessica

Edwardsville, IL

#1 Oct 1, 2012
Is anyone missing a German Shepherd(looks full-blooded, black & tan, don't know the sex) or a Pit Bull (female, black w/front white paws)? They have been spotted near Thrifty Hardware. Both turned up there Sunday morning. Animal control has been called and are currently enroute, however if you're missing one these dogs I thought I'd give you a heads up. They're heading to St. Clair County...
Jessica

Edwardsville, IL

#3 Oct 1, 2012
I called St. Clair County Animal Control to check on these dogs - and both were picked up today.

If anyone knows the owners of these dogs please let them know. You know how it works, if no one claims the dogs they'll most likely be put down...
betcha

United States

#4 Oct 1, 2012
Jessica wrote:
I called St. Clair County Animal Control to check on these dogs - and both were picked up today.
If anyone knows the owners of these dogs please let them know. You know how it works, if no one claims the dogs they'll most likely be put down...
Guess your happy now aren't you? I would bet both of those set there with their tails wagging while they were picked up hoping they could go home!!
The humane society is overloaded with animals and they are putting them down as fast as they come in. You did good Jessica but I hope my pets never get out of the yard or come anywhere near you.
They are friendly dogs and never bothered anyone.
bytchsmacker

Garden City, MI

#5 Oct 1, 2012
You are just looking to trash talk. You would have been complaining the same way if she had fed them n gave then water.
oldstjoeguy

Hattiesburg, MS

#6 Oct 2, 2012
she did right why you trying to start chit keep ya dogs locked up.and that wont happen.
Jessica

Edwardsville, IL

#7 Oct 2, 2012
betcha wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess your happy now aren't you? I would bet both of those set there with their tails wagging while they were picked up hoping they could go home!!
The humane society is overloaded with animals and they are putting them down as fast as they come in. You did good Jessica but I hope my pets never get out of the yard or come anywhere near you.
They are friendly dogs and never bothered anyone.
Okay smart ass - you would lose that bet. Let me tell you how this happened.

I didn't want to call Animal Control - I wanted to find out if the shepherd was reported missing, which is why I tried to rescue it. Just so you're aware - the dog bit me while I was doing that - trying to help it. I had to get a tetanus shot yesterday and go on antibiotics for 10 days. Hopefully it tests okay and doesn't have rabies (though it showed no outright signs). The dog will be quarantined and tested and they will let me know the results in 10 days.

I didn't fault the dog, it was scared - and I would never think about charging anyone with anything. I knew it was a stray dog and knew the risk I was taking by trying to befriend it. I was planning on just taking the dog home and seeing if I personally could find the owner, check with Animal Control to find out if it was missing, or post on places like Topix. I would have gone to great lengths to get this dog to it's rightful owner.

I was not the only phone calls that Animal Control had. It turns out it's a good thing that they got the dog, because the dog also bit a 9 year old boy.

Two bites - maybe the dog didn't need to be out running around. Something had to be done.

I feel bad about the whole situation, I was trying to do the right thing and help the animal.

By the way, the warden of Animal Control called me yesterday to tell me that they got the dog and that it had bit another person. He also told me that the dog did have a microchip, but the owner did not keep up the information and was no longer at that address.

And about the pit bull - well, I witnessed some kids waiting for a bus on Monday morning that were scared shitless and climbed up on top of an AT&T electrical box that stands about 4 ft. off the ground to wait for the bus to get there. The pit was very close to them and they were scared. Plus I have an outside dog and don't want my dog attacked by a stray. So I have to do the right thing. I know there are alot of pit lovers out there and don't want to stereotype the dog, but I was rather afraid of it as well. If this dog is a good dog and shows no sign of agression, if the owner doesn't show up to claim her she'll go up for adoption.

So, once again jerkface - crucify me if you want, but I know I did the right thing. It didn't turn out the way I wanted it to though.

And thanks oldstjoeguy - you'll always be my friend to the end...
Jessica

Edwardsville, IL

#9 Oct 2, 2012
Brian wrote:
You deserve to be bit. If you would have left the dog alone it wouldn't have bit you.
Finally a nosy nanny stater gets whats coming to her
Yes I do deserve to get bit - SO BITE ME...
GrowUp

Millstadt, IL

#11 Oct 2, 2012
Brian wrote:
You deserve to be bit. If you would have left the dog alone it wouldn't have bit you.
Finally a nosy nanny stater gets whats coming to her
You are on hell of a Tool.
nono

Edwardsville, IL

#12 Oct 2, 2012
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>The dog already did it for me. I sure hope the poor animal didn't catch any of your blood transmitted diseases
What are you doing out of middle school, Bryan?
Jessica

Edwardsville, IL

#13 Oct 2, 2012
Thanks for taking up for me folks. I don't listen to losers like this anyway - LOL

I began this post not letting anyone know that I was bit by the dog, because I didn't want to deter the real owner from going to get their dog. I didn't want them to think that someone was going to sue them over it, because I wouldn't do that. I knew that Animal Control had to be called though - and thought maybe if they read this they would try to get their dog back. It's probably a good dog for them, just not for others... I really did try to help this out and it kind of backfired on me. I feel bad enough about the end result - and I don't need stupid people commenting complete ridiculous comments about it - these people themselves need to be put down...

Thanks again for those of you who were smart enough to know I was being sincere.
bytchsmacker

Garden City, MI

#14 Oct 2, 2012
Don't worry about loser, its just another trash talker on topix. Hopefully ur bite will be fine n the dog will be clean n no rabies.
I know

United States

#15 Oct 2, 2012
You did the right thing Jessica.
And as far as this idiot Brian goes, everyone just ignore him. He is doing this stuff to make people mad and to argue with him. He is one of the creeps that stalks Topix.
get the story straight

East Saint Louis, IL

#16 Oct 2, 2012
Jessica wrote:
Is anyone missing a German Shepherd(looks full-blooded, black & tan, don't know the sex) or a Pit Bull (female, black w/front white paws)? They have been spotted near Thrifty Hardware. Both turned up there Sunday morning. Animal control has been called and are currently enroute, however if you're missing one these dogs I thought I'd give you a heads up. They're heading to St. Clair County...
First you say the dogs were spotted near Thifty Hardware on Sunday. Next was Monday morning when you alerted people that the Humane Society had been called by you about these dogs.
Later in the day you said they were picked up.
Your next story was one of the dogs had bitten you when you tried to help it and the other dog had scared kids and they climbed a 4 foot Ameren pole to get away from it.
Sounds like typical Cahokia crap to me and not a grain of truth to any of it, just a bunch of retards with nothing else to do than spread lies.
Find a job and get off the drugs!!
oldstjoeguy

Hattiesburg, MS

#17 Oct 2, 2012
first off i know this person very well and she is a sweet person and she didnt say a att pole she said box if you cant read i suggest ya get off topix you must be related to brian ya both seem to be inbreds.
get the story straight wrote:
<quoted text>
First you say the dogs were spotted near Thifty Hardware on Sunday. Next was Monday morning when you alerted people that the Humane Society had been called by you about these dogs.
Later in the day you said they were picked up.
Your next story was one of the dogs had bitten you when you tried to help it and the other dog had scared kids and they climbed a 4 foot Ameren pole to get away from it.
Sounds like typical Cahokia crap to me and not a grain of truth to any of it, just a bunch of retards with nothing else to do than spread lies.
Find a job and get off the drugs!!
oldstjoeguy

Hattiesburg, MS

#18 Oct 2, 2012
by the way hope all is going well jess miss seeing ya.
spreading lies

East Saint Louis, IL

#19 Oct 2, 2012
Jessica wrote:
Thanks for taking up for me folks. I don't listen to losers like this anyway - LOL
I began this post not letting anyone know that I was bit by the dog, because I didn't want to deter the real owner from going to get their dog. I didn't want them to think that someone was going to sue them over it, because I wouldn't do that. I knew that Animal Control had to be called though - and thought maybe if they read this they would try to get their dog back. It's probably a good dog for them, just not for others... I really did try to help this out and it kind of backfired on me. I feel bad enough about the end result - and I don't need stupid people commenting complete ridiculous comments about it - these people themselves need to be put down...
Thanks again for those of you who were smart enough to know I was being sincere.
You know you are lying and every one that's on this forum knows that, Jessica!!
There was never any dog that bit you or a pit bull that chased children up a 4 foot Ameren pole. You are just doing this crap to draw attention to yourself and the fact is your just a lonely old fat woman that no one cares about!!
cracker from cahokia

Arnold, MO

#20 Oct 2, 2012
old st. joe guy happens to like her. even is st. joe guy is the only person that likes her that one more than you have.
NEIGHBOR

East Saint Louis, IL

#22 Oct 2, 2012
Thanks for the info, my next door neighbor IS missing their German Shepherd. The back gate was open and she's gone. Told them as soon as I read this forum. They will be heading up to animal control again 1st thing in the morning. Hopefully it is their missing pup.
Well

United States

#23 Oct 2, 2012
spreading lies wrote:
<quoted text>
You know you are lying and every one that's on this forum knows that, Jessica!!
There was never any dog that bit you or a pit bull that chased children up a 4 foot Ameren pole. You are just doing this crap to draw attention to yourself and the fact is your just a lonely old fat woman that no one cares about!!
It seems that you and Knucklehead Brian are the only ones that do not believe it. Do everyone a favor and quit stirring up trouble.
And thanks to Jessica for helping those dogs out. Their fate could be worse. Starvation, being hit by a car, or being mistreated by someone that ties them up and uses them as a guard dog only.Now go away little man and quit ruining a good subject.
cracker from cahokia

Arnold, MO

#24 Oct 2, 2012
Brian wrote:
Finally some truth comes out
Just another fat ugly cahokia pig looking for attention
I could be wrong I doubt it though. Isn't that what your doing on topix when you're bashing everyone is looking for attention?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cahokia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clear the Roads 8 min Demand Better 1
Gilberta steward meth house exploding 34 min not a fan of Gil 89
R.I.P Brandon Caple 35 min GC TPT 22
na na na nah na na na nah, hey hey goodbye 57 min TCB 4
Old Taco Bell used for fine arts display 18 hr Heads up 6
Tow/Impoundment Fees By Cahokia Police (Dec '13) Mon your problem 48
Large item pickup in Cahokia Jul 22 Monya 4

Cahokia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cahokia Mortgages