Students Voting at Cahokia High School

Posted in the Cahokia Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Upset

Wood River, IL

#1 Oct 24, 2012
It is so sad how white folks treat our kids and we allow them to do it! My son told me yesterday that they went on a voting field trip at Cahokia High School. When they came back the Cahokia Police was interviewing all of the students and asking them how did they vote, why, and did they vote democrat or republican. The Superintendent and the Principal was there; they didn't say anything to the police. They just allowed them to talk to our kids without any parent permission or advisement.

Do you know that sorry Principal and Superintendent still hasn't said anything to the parents, students, or staff about this craziness. We need to sue the school District and those Police!!! The fight is on!!!
Upset

Wood River, IL

#2 Oct 24, 2012
If your child went to vote yesterday, ask them what happened/occurred. We are meeting at the school tomorrow to ask the Principal and Superintendent what happened and why?

Just because our kids are black doesn't mean we don't want to know whats going on! Our kids are not animals; if you don't like taking care of our kids then stay away from this black area!

Some kids even told my son that the white politicians were taking pictures of them! What is going on!!!!
Unbelievable

Wood River, IL

#3 Oct 24, 2012
Hey I just read this post. I asked my son and he told me the Police even interviewed the staff members that went too. They were looking in their rooms and everything. I can't wait until tomorrow! Isn't this illegal? Sounds like I need to call a lawyer.
Stupid

Wood River, IL

#4 Oct 24, 2012
This is downright stupid! What kind of principal would let this happen? Sound like Jim Crow to me. You cant just takes some kids and treat them like dogs cause they black, talk to them like they criminals and nobody say nothing. They must think we fools or ignant n.....

we will see....
kozmo kramer

Glen Carbon, IL

#5 Oct 24, 2012
Upset wrote:
If your child went to vote yesterday, ask them what happened/occurred. We are meeting at the school tomorrow to ask the Principal and Superintendent what happened and why?
Just because our kids are black doesn't mean we don't want to know whats going on! Our kids are not animals; if you don't like taking care of our kids then stay away from this black area!
Some kids even told my son that the white politicians were taking pictures of them! What is going on!!!!
Maybe they were talent scouts searching for extra's for a new Tarzan movie!?
Dumb Butt

Wood River, IL

#6 Oct 24, 2012
I see that you are stupid! If yo momma wasn't up the animal show then they weren't searching for that. Its folks like you that should be lined up against a wall and handled.
UNITY

Edwardsville, IL

#8 Oct 24, 2012
High School kids learning to vote is not the issue. It's the influence put on them by the staff that is illegal. They're the same ones who are running a campaign headquarters across the street from the school. They defrauded the kids out of their vote while being paid by the Cahokia residents. Sad
bout time

Edwardsville, IL

#9 Oct 24, 2012
Field trip my butt. I bet if you do some research on how many other schools within 100 miles of Cahokia have field trips to take kids to vote, you will probably find 0. Unless its in East St Louis. Come on lets face it your children where used as political pawns. To gather votes for McCall. He will be washed up news come November 6th. And his daddy will soon be ran out of Centreville. I will bet my link card on that.
kozmo kramer

Glen Carbon, IL

#10 Oct 24, 2012
Stupid wrote:
This is downright stupid! What kind of principal would let this happen? Sound like Jim Crow to me. You cant just takes some kids and treat them like dogs cause they black, talk to them like they criminals and nobody say nothing. They must think we fools or ignant n.....
we will see....
You is a fool and you do be a ignant n.....You need to go back to da turd grade an lern to speel.
wow

East Saint Louis, IL

#11 Oct 24, 2012
Upset wrote:
It is so sad how white folks treat our kids and we allow them to do it! My son told me yesterday that they went on a voting field trip at Cahokia High School. When they came back the Cahokia Police was interviewing all of the students and asking them how did they vote, why, and did they vote democrat or republican. The Superintendent and the Principal was there; they didn't say anything to the police. They just allowed them to talk to our kids without any parent permission or advisement.
Do you know that sorry Principal and Superintendent still hasn't said anything to the parents, students, or staff about this craziness. We need to sue the school District and those Police!!! The fight is on!!!
They don't need parental permission to interview your child... If your child is can vote, then they're at LEAST 18.. That being said, there's nothing you can do to the police. If your child didn't want to answer they didn't have to.... BUT, they chose to, you should be angry at the district for taking your child voting
Ura Truely a Fing Idiot

Granite City, IL

#12 Oct 24, 2012
Upset wrote:
*
You're just upset because you forgot to change your screen name & you're talking to yourself for the last hour. The real problem is this, it was an ILLEGAL so called field trip because NO Permission was given by the parents for the school district to take their child(ren)outside the school district, to register & vote. McCall pull this crap at the last election & Frank Bergman did the same thing at his last election.

But I am upset that YOU would make this a racial thing since both black & white kids went. Sounds just something McCall/Kern/Sprague and the rest of that useless scum would do. Problem is we already know the truth & what you're saying is nothing but a bunch of lies.
Just New

Wood River, IL

#14 Oct 25, 2012
If its true that all the people that went on that voting stuff are politicians then it is sad. But it still doesn't change the fact that black folks have the right to vote without being harrassed just like white folks. To say that it happened with kids adds insult to injury.

So what did the teachers and staff say about the event; if the kids should have gone since they care so much about the kids they serve? What about the principal and superintendent, didn't they know about your claims? They obviously benefited from the arrangement as well. Do they have a political office across the street too?

Did the school use their buses or what?
Jessica

Belleville, IL

#15 Oct 25, 2012
Please don't make this a race issue, or about teaching children to vote. It's about right and wrong, simple as that.

Curtis McCall, who basically runs the school district and owns many involved made the call to use the kids for his (his son's) political gain. His son is running in the upcoming election, as most of you are well aware of.

They threw together an unplanned trip to the courthouse with the kids and spoke with them on the bus about who to vote for.

They most likely did not need parental permission, as these kids are old enough to vote. However, I'm guessing the children themselves didn't sign a release holding the school responsible if anything would have happened. But from what I understand parents were unaware, which that in itself is morally wrong. After all, if you have a kid still in school, most likely they're living with you, and you have the right to know where your kid is. School officials didn't bother to tell the parents and still have not addressed this two days later.

They used our taxpayer money, our school buses, our gas, during school hours to prey on our kids. White and black - doesn't matter. It shouldn't have been done. Period. They will stop at nothing to keep the term "dirty politics" alive and well.

I believe any votes obtained out of this trip were persuaded by these campaign members, and yes, should be investigated. I'm sure police are involved, and I would assume at some point the Board of Elections and other state officials will look into it.

Don't forget who else is working on this team - voter fraud convicted criminals Kevin Wiggins (86 charges) and Trevon Tompkin (37 charges), who have already been convicted of voter fraud in 2009.

They'll stop at nothing - no morals, no ethics - just dirty politics.

People - don't give these horrible people further control... Vote against them yourselves. This is not who should be representing our town, our families or ourselves.
Laser Lady

Kansas City, MO

#17 Oct 25, 2012
Ura Truely a Fing Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just upset because you forgot to change your screen name & you're talking to yourself for the last hour. The real problem is this, it was an ILLEGAL so called field trip because NO Permission was given by the parents for the school district to take their child(ren)outside the school district, to register & vote. McCall pull this crap at the last election & Frank Bergman did the same thing at his last election.
But I am upset that YOU would make this a racial thing since both black & white kids went. Sounds just something McCall/Kern/Sprague and the rest of that useless scum would do. Problem is we already know the truth & what you're saying is nothing but a bunch of lies.
If the kids are 18 years old, do they need permission slips to go on field trips?(It has been several years since my kids were 18, and even longer since they went on any field trips.)
Jessica

Belleville, IL

#18 Oct 25, 2012
I do not believe they do need permission slips. However, I do believe as a parent of a kid, 18 or not, if they were supposed to be at school and the school removed them, I should at least be aware of it. That's common courtesy.

But legally I do not believe that they would have needed signed permission slips from parents - but do believe they needed to sign one themselves. I would bet my bottom dollar that the kids themselves did not sign a release. Meaning that if there would have been an accident the school would have that liability.

They used our buses, our drivers, our gas and our teachers time - which we pay for - for their own political gain.

Read my post from earlier - I don't feel that these votes were obtained or should have any validity. They were coerced to vote - with the big reward of a "field trip" and time out of school. That's one thing that the high school kids DO NOT need - time off school. With our current scores the last thing these kids need is time away. They need to be in school working on their educations. And so do our teachers. Heck, the state is very close to a take over of the school as it is.

Okay, I'm done ranting. Let's see if Elliott Davis likes this story - because WE PAID FOR IT!!
name

Edwardsville, IL

#19 Oct 25, 2012
Unbelievable wrote:
Hey I just read this post. I asked my son and he told me the Police even interviewed the staff members that went too. They were looking in their rooms and everything. I can't wait until tomorrow! Isn't this illegal? Sounds like I need to call a lawyer.
It is illegal to use taxpayer money to send school children to the courthouse to vote. It is fine to register them at the school. But McCall is using staff and taxpayer money to cajole the students to vote for his illegal third party canidate, Yeah-it's racism-a black canidate who was not even nominated last April is being shoved down the throats of Demoratic black and white voters who nominated Joe Morgan. Once again, blacks are being explited by their corrupt white masters up the hill in Sprague's Belleville.
Etude101

East Saint Louis, IL

#20 Oct 25, 2012
Ok So I'm not a parent but a student (Not at Cahokia).
I've read you're comments but these are the facts.

Legally, your children are 18 years old. In the state of Illinois, unlike Mississippi (where you must be 21 to be considered an Adult) your kids are seen as legal adults. They do not have to ask for your permission.

Legally I think the police infringed upon your children's right to vote using "secret ballot". The whole point of voting using this type of ballot is to remain anonymous so that you can't be intimidated. <-- pestering the students without due processes now that seems preposterous to me.

But the idea that its illegal to take your students to vote I don't think that will hold up in court because many school districts in other states(If you read newspapers you'd know this) do this as an educational venture to teach students American rights and responsibilities.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#21 Oct 25, 2012
In true Cahokia tradition the students were taken to the courthouse and told which democrat to vote for. Francis Touchette is no doubt down in hell smiling today at such a fine job that these people are doing.
Now of course someone could vote differently in the voting booth, but that would take a brain and we all know what short supply brains are in the Cahokia/centerville area
I see

Edwardsville, IL

#22 Oct 25, 2012
Laser Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
If the kids are 18 years old, do they need permission slips to go on field trips?(It has been several years since my kids were 18, and even longer since they went on any field trips.)
If a kid is 18 years old they should be out of high school and looking for a job!
voter

Troy, IL

#23 Oct 25, 2012
Understand the minority students were given a white envelope and a card with names on it. Why not the white students. Guessing the envelope had money in it. Isnt that buying votes.

HS students are over at the Sanders Banquet center on weekends working at the campaign headquarters. On Monday when I was leaving the post office I observed a gentleman bring a trash can out full of beer cans. Just wonder how many of the students were drinking illegally.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cahokia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Politics Do you approve of Gary Cornwell as Mayor? (Mar '12) 1 hr McCallSoldOut 70
While Dinks away his boys still play!!! 2 hr Same ones again 4
Teachers and cornwell 8 hr circut 13
mayoral race in cahokia 10 hr circut 3
Cornwell for Mayor Sun go gary 17
cops name Sun mysticheart88 6
Team Gary Sun Gabrials horn 4
Cahokia Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Cahokia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]