First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Weres the board

East Saint Louis, IL

#1 Feb 17, 2012
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 16, 2012
Governor Quinn Announces More Than $623 Million in Capital Funds to Improve Schools Across Illinois
Funding Will Repair, Update and Build Schools to Serve Students
HAZEL CREST – February 16, 2012. Governor Pat Quinn today announced that Illinois school districts statewide will receive a total of more than $623 million from Illinois Jobs Now! to construct new buildings or expand, repair and update existing ones. This capital funding will provide needed classroom space, while supporting an estimated 4,000 construction jobs throughout the state.
“In order for our students to compete for the jobs of tomorrow, we must ensure they are receiving a quality education in quality school facilities,” Governor Quinn said.“This capital funding will help school districts across the state update their facilities and make critical repairs to improve the educational experience for our students.”
Thirty-one districts statewide were approved for the state funding this fiscal year after their projects were certified by the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) and the Illinois Capital Development Board (CDB).
Weres the board

East Saint Louis, IL

#2 Feb 17, 2012
The funding will allow districts to build new schools, add new classrooms, and make renovations to aging buildings. Other improvements will include renovations to existing classrooms, upgrades to aging facilities and additional technology updates. The capital funding, combined with local dollars, will allow school districts to complete projects totaling more than $1.2 billion.
The school districts that will receive funding include:
Chicago Public Schools District 299,$114.67 million
St. Charles Community Unit School District 303,$7.66 million
Wheaton Community Unit School District 200,$14.46 million
Harvard Community Unit School District 50,$13.81 million
Peoria School District 150,$34.61 million
Huntley Consolidated School District 158,$39.41 million
Orland School District 135, Orland Park,$5.33 million
Brookfield-LaGrange Park School District 95,$3.11 million
Crete-Monee School District 201-U,$23.28 million
Millstadt Consolidated School District 160,$4.29 million
Knoxville Community Unit School District 202,$20.22 million
Wilmington Community Unit School District 209-U,$9.28 million
Berwyn North Elementary District 98,$7.59 million
Wesclin Community Unit School District 3, Trenton,$18.87 million
Stark County Community Unit School District 100,$3.69 million
Virginia Community Unit School District 64,$12.26 million
Skokie School District 69,$1.32 million
Burbank School District 111,$9.87 million
Shawnee Community Unit School District 84, Union County,$2.04 million
Manhattan School District 114,$5.84 million
Paris Cooperative High School,$24.22 million
Homer Community Consolidated School District 33-C, Homer Glen,$4.54 million
Warren Township High School District 121, Gurnee,$11.53 million
Panhandle Community Unit School District 2, Raymond,$3.86 million
Spring Valley Elementary District 99,$12.23 million
Rochelle Community Consolidated School District 231,$12.32 million
Ramsey Community Unit School District 204,$3.92 million
Mt. Vernon Township High School District 201,$47.62 million
Hazel Crest School District 152.5,$32.22 million
Calumet Township School District 132, Calumet Park,$12.36 million
Marion Community Unit School District 2,$56.62 million
Governor Quinn also announced today that the state is making available $50 million in School Maintenance Grant Program grants. The dollar-for-dollar state matching grant program provides up to $50,000 in matching funds for the maintenance or upkeep of buildings or structures for educational purposes. The grant applications for districts will be available soon.
Before the passage of Governor Quinn's Illinois Jobs Now! capital construction program, Illinois had not had a major capital construction program in more than a decade. The Governor has made it a priority to invest in our schools and update our classrooms to provide Illinois students with the best quality education experience possible.
WERE WAS OUR SCHOOL BOARD WHEN THEY HAND OUT OUR TAX MONEY?
Use Correct English

Glen Carbon, IL

#3 Feb 17, 2012
That's great info, but you need to go back to school & learn the correct spelling of words along w/when & where to use them.
Your screen name should have read "Where's the board" because "weres" is NOT even a slang world. You get an F for spelling. But then w/the way the Cahokia's school district is being ran what can we expect.
Use Correct English

Glen Carbon, IL

#4 Feb 17, 2012
Oh and the state is BROKE, is Quinn going to pull that money out of his butt or just rob the taxpayers more. You haven't heard of any of those greedy SOB's taking a pay cut or freeze or a deduction of benefits to help the problem THEY caused.

Quinn is a boil on the Illinois taxpayers rear end.
TELL ME

Columbia, IL

#5 Feb 18, 2012
Use Correct English wrote:
Oh and the state is BROKE, is Quinn going to pull that money out of his butt or just rob the taxpayers more. You haven't heard of any of those greedy SOB's taking a pay cut or freeze or a deduction of benefits to help the problem THEY caused.
Quinn is a boil on the Illinois taxpayers rear end.
You know so much why did the board waste OVER 1.5 million dollors and nothing said to taxpayers?
VERSION

United States

#7 Feb 18, 2012
Weres the board wrote:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 16, 2012
Governor Quinn Announces More Than $623 Million in Capital Funds to Improve Schools Across Illinois
Funding Will Repair, Update and Build Schools to Serve Students
HAZEL CREST – February 16, 2012. Governor Pat Quinn today announced that Illinois school districts statewide will receive a total of more than $623 million from Illinois Jobs Now! to construct new buildings or expand, repair and update existing ones. This capital funding will provide needed classroom space, while supporting an estimated 4,000 construction jobs throughout the state.
“In order for our students to compete for the jobs of tomorrow, we must ensure they are receiving a quality education in quality school facilities,” Governor Quinn said.“This capital funding will help school districts across the state update their facilities and make critical repairs to improve the educational experience for our students.”
Thirty-one districts statewide were approved for the state funding this fiscal year after their projects were certified by the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) and the Illinois Capital Development Board (CDB).
No Way! with the State's 2 billion dollar debt... Get Real!! You will not have Marxest Obama to bail you out next year.
Weres the board

East Saint Louis, IL

#8 Feb 18, 2012
Use Correct English wrote:
That's great info, but you need to go back to school & learn the correct spelling of words along w/when & where to use them.
Your screen name should have read "Where's the board" because "weres" is NOT even a slang world. You get an F for spelling. But then w/the way the Cahokia's school district is being ran what can we expect.
Your to smart for me I must be stupid,"DUH" I am sorry, i am not up to your standards.I was in a hurry but do you really think I give a [email protected] " NOT"!!!!!!!!!! but I found this info thought I might share it. So check your own post dumb AZZ. World ? But I was still able to get your point So F off!!!!!
Use Correct English

Glen Carbon, IL

#9 Feb 18, 2012
TELL ME wrote:
<quoted text>You know so much why did the board waste OVER 1.5 million dollors and nothing said to taxpayers?
Never said I knew EVERYTHING & you need to ask the thieves running the school district where that $$$$$ went. They know where it went not me.
VERSION

United States

#10 Feb 18, 2012
Weres the board wrote:
<quoted text>
Your to smart for me I must be stupid,"DUH" I am sorry, i am not up to your standards.I was in a hurry but do you really think I give a [email protected] " NOT"!!!!!!!!!! but I found this info thought I might share it. So check your own post dumb AZZ. World ? But I was still able to get your point So F off!!!!!
Now, Now, my friend, it's not necessary to result to profanity, you must win the debate on merits alone. Why is it that leftest always resort to name calling when they are backed up against a corner?
Use Correct English

Glen Carbon, IL

#11 Feb 18, 2012
Weres the board wrote:
<quoted text>
At least I spelled it correctly unlike your dumb inbreed self & it's apparent you don't take criticism very well when someone corrects your spelling. Poor poor baby got their little feeling hurt because someone corrected them.
Understand one thing

United States

#12 Feb 19, 2012
You might have many board members but there or only two people that run the school board Sauget and McCall they are the puppetmasters of the board the rest of the board have sold there soles to these two by getting jobs for there family members or working for them like Peggy Shelton she dose what McCall tells her to keep her job.
Magnum PI

East Saint Louis, IL

#13 Feb 19, 2012
Understand one thing, you are correct. Peggy Shelton has no business being a member of the school board. At the board meetings Mrs. Shelton always has a blank stare. Mrs Shelton simply votes how she has been told to vote.
This Just In

Granite City, IL

#14 Feb 19, 2012
No need for everyone to argue, I think we all agree the Cahokia School Board is a bunch of thieves, including Pam Manning.
State take over

United States

#15 Feb 26, 2012
The best thing for the Cahokia school dist is a take over at least they will get rid of Manning were the board will not because of Sauget. The state will not build a new school they might ask for a tax hike to repair the old one but at least they will cut all the fat from the school like all Manning personal helpers and who knows they might make the city of Sauget pay there fair share of taxs for our school.This is my thought only.
fuel to fire

East Saint Louis, IL

#16 Feb 26, 2012
this is just another "poverty containment" exercise , you don't put any money into the schools, keep the majority on welfare and tax the crap out of them making it more difficult to afford to move thus, keeping them in poverty and on welfare, move the money from the taxes to other areas like the county political trough,mid- america airport or some other loser project backed by a politicians(i.e costello) everybody wins, the bad element is contained and unable to move or buy real estate in places the politicians don't want them to go..it would appear that the black folks are still carrying whitey water only some are making real good money doing it ,,
PEGGY SHELTON

United States

#17 Mar 6, 2012
You must be so proud as president of the board you said yes lets have a another felons wife on the board.She has never been on the board and yet you had two other people alot better for the seat but Mc Call and Sauget said this who we picked and you went right along with it you are a poor escuse for a board president how can you screw the kids and the taxpayers you lied to.The best part is now there are people in suits wacthing this board and that is good for taxpayers.
Magnum PI

East Saint Louis, IL

#18 Mar 6, 2012
State oversight is what is needed for the CUSD.
District Parent

Caseyville, IL

#19 Mar 6, 2012
We are disgusted with the Boards choice for the new Member. Must have been a political appointment. What does she know about the school district? Was she one of the original applicants? If not, why the the Board position not re advertized. I can tell you why, because the Board drug out their selection. The new board member had to be sworn in by 45 days after the resignation of the prior member.
McCall puppet

United States

#21 Mar 6, 2012
Peggy shelton is a McCall puppet and Sauget puppet she must be proud thanks for all your hard work NOT
I agree

United States

#22 Mar 7, 2012
McCall puppet wrote:
Peggy shelton is a McCall puppet and Sauget puppet she must be proud thanks for all your hard work NOT
Petty Shelton has sold out the taxpayrs of Cahokia she should resign NOW

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cahokia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Monday Night on Godin 3 hr Monyas sister 19
Sick Husband 3 hr Mike 6
Tuesday Open Weight Challenge on Godin 9 hr Kansas queer 2
Songs that begin with B (Feb '10) Mon music fan 58
Friday Open Weight Challenge on Godin Mon Tulsa queer 16
Sunday Ticket on Godin Mon Tulsa queer 2
Monday Showdown on Godin Mon oink oink 4

Cahokia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance