Cahokia Closing
alright

United States

#69 Feb 26, 2010
Mestaclocan wrote:
<quoted text>
and you're an ass kissing kool-aid drinking Frank lover too. so what's the difference, NONE...LMAO
Oh an far as who should be banned, that would be 99.9999999999999999999999999% of all of Franks people for the way they talk, mostly a bunch of rasist low life trailer park trask, who think they are above the rest of us.
<quoted text> Yep and so wil a lot of folks when Franks ass is hauled to jail or ran outta town w/his family & friends who work for the village.
Why Mrs Willyard I think you are PMSing. lol
well

United States

#70 Feb 26, 2010
Mestaclocan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares what you think, IF you don't like Cahokia or live here then STFU and mind your own damn business then, This is our town & if we choose to fight for it let us do it in peace instead of adding your 2 worthless cents worth.
Let me guess, you are one of the white trash idiots who are going to straighten your town up by voting in some of the E St Louis crooks.
Burgman

Edwardsville, IL

#71 Feb 26, 2010
We don' need no stinkin' ESTL crooks-cause Cahokia haz meeee- I am Bergman-hear me roar-as the deficit does soar-and sewers collapse and streets go broken!(sung to the tune of "I Am Wman"
cty

Poynette, WI

#72 Feb 26, 2010
Mestaclocan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, Mike King would have been dragged through the coals, BUT at least he cared about the city, it's employee's and the people who lived here. Mike would drive around & look for stuff that should be done, which is something Frank never does. Mike had an OPEN door policy, Frank has a door installed & it is closed & locked & you have to "TRY" and get an appointment to see him, GOOD LUCK with that. Mike had people who hated his guts, yet he NEVER had a "Body Guard" like Frank, damn what is Frankie scared of???? Mike laid off people all the time when he had to when there was no money. Hell ask the older employees about the 10yr period that NO ONE got a raise, and did you see him driving a high dollar SUV, NOPE, he drove a POS mini van that he drove until he left.

If you were here back in Kings reign, you would know of all the programs he had for the kids and seniors all year round. We had clean ups more then once or twice in 6yrs. Roads were repair in a timely order, grands were gotten for many things, this town grew & prospered.
AND before anyone place the blame on Mike King for Section 8, I hate to tell you he had NOTHING to do with it because that was & still is a FEDERAL PROGRAM and EVERY CITY can have it, not just a hand selected few as alot of you think and was originally started to help war veterns get housing when they came back home. If you're going to blame anyone blame the Federal Government for it & the way it is abused by so many these days.
I completely understand and agree with you. But, the section 8 was an option and not a federal mandate. King opened the door to section 8 then jumped ship. I agree that life was better when he was mayor, but he also "planted the seed". Other local communities didn't jump on the wagon so quickly and they have been able to stave off some of the section 8 riff-raff. I just feel he sold us out and then left us. I believe people of our generation had a greater sense of personal responsibility and pride than most of the people of this generation living in Cahokia. If there was "one" situation that stands out as a turning point it was section 8. Desegregation was a contributing factor, but the out of towners went home after school.
Vinny

United States

#73 Feb 26, 2010
cty wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely understand and agree with you. But, the section 8 was an option and not a federal mandate. King opened the door to section 8 then jumped ship. I agree that life was better when he was mayor, but he also "planted the seed". Other local communities didn't jump on the wagon so quickly and they have been able to stave off some of the section 8 riff-raff. I just feel he sold us out and then left us. I believe people of our generation had a greater sense of personal responsibility and pride than most of the people of this generation living in Cahokia. If there was "one" situation that stands out as a turning point it was section 8. Desegregation was a contributing factor, but the out of towners went home after school.
And Mike King is now living in a high dollar gated community in Florida.
alert

United States

#74 Feb 26, 2010
Nobody knows me at the meetings cause I don't use my correct name. HAAAAAAA
alert

United States

#75 Feb 26, 2010
I am alert and I am nuts. And I like nuts. Hot dark ones too.
You have lost it

East Saint Louis, IL

#76 Feb 26, 2010
Mestaclocan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares what you think, IF you don't like Cahokia or live here then STFU and mind your own damn business then, This is our town & if we choose to fight for it let us do it in peace instead of adding your 2 worthless cents worth.


HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND??? You are constantly bashing any and everything about Cahokia, and now say "if we choose to fight for it"?? The only thing that you want to fight is any/everything having to do with Frank Bergman! Also, "let us do it in peace"??? WOW..there is NOTHING peaceful about you...slow down on the meds. because you are out of control!

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#77 Feb 27, 2010
cty wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely understand and agree with you. But, the section 8 was an option and not a federal mandate.
I think you should read up on the history of Section 8 because it wasn't or is an option NO city can stop it from coming in, the FEDs mandated every city can have it & it wasn't a pick & choose thing.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#78 Feb 27, 2010
You have lost it wrote:
<quoted text>
HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND??? You are constantly bashing any and everything about Cahokia, and now say "if we choose to fight for it"?? The only thing that you want to fight is any/everything having to do with Frank Bergman! Also, "let us do it in peace"??? WOW..there is NOTHING peaceful about you...slow down on the meds. because you are out of control!
The only this I complain about is the way YOUR Mayor Frank Bergman runs this city & what he refuses NOT to do to improve it. If you can't see it then you need to either get your glasses cleaned or go buy a pair. Fank has done NOTHING for this village other t hen hire his friends & family, give them high dollar wages while telling the rest of the city there is no money, runs the village & its finances like t hey belong to him anh has BANKRUPT it. If you cant see that then you are either blond or are one of his high dollar friends/family or just one of his kool-aid drinking yes people & can not see the forest for the trees.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#79 Feb 27, 2010
Frank spent close to 10 million dollars on Parks only to have a YMCA that only pays $10 or less a year to rent & the village has to maintain the buildings??
Frank give out about $20,000plus in raises to Ms Halter(her 2nd BIGG Raise), Betty Sharp & Mr Sprauge and I believe Mr Tory??
Frank hires only his family & friends to work for the village??
Frank file & receive a $20,000 check for falling down some stairs when no one was there to witness it(like we know it really happened at work) & then NOT pee in a bottle for a drug test like every other worker would have done & then have his board OK the settlement even though there are lots of unsettled cases w/the Village employees that are 3-4-5yrs old??
Frank refused to sign contract that has been on the Mayors desk for 3-4yrs???
Frank said he drove the Villages $38,000 SUV and filled it up on tax payers money to a Las Vegas and then lied saying he went to Tulsa, Okla???
It was Frank that said he had no knowledge of Charles Robinson and James Allen working 96hrs a week??
Frank and Harry Halter, who was the husband of the mayors then appointment secretary, argued just after midnight on the mayors front lawn. And then Cahokia police used a Taser on Halter, who was then a part-time Alorton police officer???
It was Frank fault that security didn't thwart a theft in December 2006 that netted thieves $61,500 worth of windows and brass mailbox doors from the former Parks campus. Village employees John Torry and Robert Holmes moonlighted as the campus security then, but no one was on duty at the time because they were off for the Christmas holiday. Since when does security guards take a day off???
Frank tried to replace Sheila Ware when she was sick?? Frank tried & then have the guts to say "he didn't know Ware suffered an aneurysm" and then went onto say "My thoughts and prayers go out every day for her" How can he say his thoughts & prayers went out to her every day when he said HE DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT IT???
It was Frank that suspended a Village worker for refusing to drive an unsafe, unlicensed & non-inspected truck????
It was Frank who suspended 2 workers for refusing to hand out political fliers during work hours???
Frank OK TIF money to be spent on the Nova Plaza only to have it take 6yrs to fill it half way???
Frank even said it was his idea to have the overpass built???
It was Frank idea to pave & put sidewalks down Judith Ln just because Prax Air decided to move back to Cahokia, even though there are some streets that were in much worse shape that should have been fixed??
It was Frank who wasted out tax dollars on having Paris Ave repaved when it was apparent it didn't need it.
and now he has bankrupt the city, seems odd he just found 10's of thousands of dollars($60-80,000 worth) for the Police Chief supposed unpayed vacation, which I find odd since after a year any other employee else looses thiers.
Frank did all those things and more
Burgman

United States

#80 Feb 27, 2010
Why do my fans never speak to these facts. They bash an bash their heads against reality. If I were any kind of man I would resign. But I have no cujonrs and am taking Cahokia with me down the sewers. Uh oh. The sewers don't work. O well. Off to tunica
News Reporter

Belleville, IL

#81 Feb 27, 2010
I would like to thank the 4 Cahokia and two Waterloo residents who showed up to the MILLION MAN MARCH ON THE CAHOKIA VILLAGE HALL. It was so well organized my only question is did you guys meet in the janitors broom closet at the High School to form such a formidable group?
Breaking News

Belleville, IL

#82 Feb 27, 2010
The 4 Cahokia and 2 Waterloo residents just announced a new member to their group Casper the Friendly Ghost. Just because you can't see him doesn't mean he's not there. This brings the group total to 7. Stay tuned for our next surprise. We will pull a Mayor out of our hat.
Hey alert

United States

#83 Feb 27, 2010
Mestaclocan wrote:
<quoted text>
The only this I complain about is the way YOUR Mayor Frank Bergman runs this city & what he refuses NOT to do to improve it. If you can't see it then you need to either get your glasses cleaned or go buy a pair. Fank has done NOTHING for this village other t hen hire his friends & family, give them high dollar wages while telling the rest of the city there is no money, runs the village & its finances like t hey belong to him anh has BANKRUPT it. If you cant see that then you are either blond or are one of his high dollar friends/family or just one of his kool-aid drinking yes people & can not see the forest for the trees.
Shut up! Your rantings are giving me a headache. Over and over and over and over again.
Berry

Mascoutah, IL

#85 Feb 27, 2010
alert wrote:
Nope-not racist-imho-the two men are white-and stupid. I haven't described in the manner a lot of the koolaid Frankies here have described the black race. Go back and read the deragatory, insulting comments. But neither di I condone the "gangsta" culture of the minority community as a means to "excuse" the criminal actions of SOME of their young people. Crime, greed and corruption crosses all racial barriers. And so does goodness of the soul.
How abot vote fraud?
Berry

Saint Peters, MO

#86 Feb 27, 2010
Berry wrote:
<quoted text>How abot vote fraud?
One minute my isp is Collinsville and the it magically changes to Belleville. Hmmmmm. Thats cause im both people and i like to bash others and change my name constantly. Ive been told im a sorry excuse for a human being.....im beginning to believe it!
Love, Berry and all my other aliases!
Copy and Paste

United States

#87 Feb 27, 2010
Berry wrote:
<quoted text>One minute my isp is Collinsville and the it magically changes to Belleville. Hmmmmm. Thats cause im both people and i like to bash others and change my name constantly. Ive been told im a sorry excuse for a human being.....im beginning to believe it!
Love, Berry and all my other aliases!
Copy and paste to a friend and then they send it.
Berry

Mascoutah, IL

#89 Feb 28, 2010
Berry wrote:
<quoted text>One minute my isp is Collinsville and the it magically changes to Belleville. Hmmmmm. Thats cause im both people and i like to bash others and change my name constantly. Ive been told im a sorry excuse for a human being.....im beginning to believe it!
Love, Berry and all my other aliases!
LOL, I can assure you, I simply use one name. I do have a stalker that generally replies to my post with the same name of Berry. I assume that is you. Thanks for the attention. I normally don't bother to even reply but in this case, I thought it was funny.
cty

Poynette, WI

#90 Mar 2, 2010
Mestaclocan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you should read up on the history of Section 8 because it wasn't or is an option NO city can stop it from coming in, the FEDs mandated every city can have it & it wasn't a pick & choose thing.
You might be correct. I don't have details on the legalities of section 8. But, seriously, why did Mayor King allow so many section 8's at one time? Not all cities/towns did this. He and a lot of other people made and are making money off of the deal. I knew people that were buying up houses and putting money into them just to pass code. Then they had a fixed monthly rent coming in from the government and when the homes and yards were destroyed, the government pays them to fix it up again for the next family. I am not saying King is worse that the incumbent, but I simply believe that we would have not spiraled out of control so quickly if we could have limited the number of section 8 housing. Our politicians at "every level" have been lying and cheating the hard working Americans to pay for those who choose not to work. If we don't cap welfare and wean these people off of it we will not have the money to help the unemployed (because they can't find work), disabled and seniors in the very near future.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cahokia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Friday on Godin 1 hr Rollo 8
Concealed carry 1 hr Ban Bang 16
Thanksgiving Dinner on Godin Nov 16 PIG VOMIT 2
Rollo Nov 15 oink oink 3
Chris chartrand .. passing aids. To minors Nov 14 Millstadt69 2
Nelda Cobb-Cooley-Bainter AKA Trish (Aug '10) Nov 13 Monya 17
Thanksgiving on Godin Nov 13 Monya 2

Cahokia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cahokia Mortgages