parent

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

When i was in Wirth i was ALWAYS getting swats. Smoking in the b/room, unfinished homework etc..I don't think my parents ever knew just how many swats i got in my school years! And they probably didn't mind.It was easier to get a swat & send me back to class & keepmy parents in the dark about it. Thats just how it was then. Now that i have a kid, im not sure how to answer it. Im not against a swat on the butt from a parent but don't know how i feel about a teacher swatting my kid. Especially if it is a big one like Hamel, Wolf, Frey & Kasubke used in Jr. High!
Woo Hoo Class of 88!!!!
parent

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

'big one' being a paddle!
sober

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

wolf was a hard hitter , i always thought a swat for not having homework was kinda bad but there has to be some kinda punishment
Stephanie

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

parent wrote:
When i was in Wirth i was ALWAYS getting swats. Smoking in the b/room, unfinished homework etc..I don't think my parents ever knew just how many swats i got in my school years! And they probably didn't mind.It was easier to get a swat & send me back to class & keepmy parents in the dark about it. Thats just how it was then. Now that i have a kid, im not sure how to answer it. Im not against a swat on the butt from a parent but don't know how i feel about a teacher swatting my kid. Especially if it is a big one like Hamel, Wolf, Frey & Kasubke used in Jr. High!
Woo Hoo Class of 88!!!!
I went to Wirth back in 75 and 76 and Mr Hamel had th hardest swats.Mr Harzey was a close second hardest swatter.I remember when this guy named Eddie took the paddle from Mr Harzey`s own hand and said he was going to hit him with it.I was in the hall waiting for my swats when it happened.Talk about a crazy guy.It freaked Mr Harzey out.He forgot all about me.I went back in the classroom.A girl I went to school with back then showed the class a picture of her butt and it was so bruised.I think her family sued the school.I can`t remember which teacher it was.Her name was Cathy something.I think it was Heiman.Grade school swats might work.The middle school kids and high school kids would get even some how.
threethirteen

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

Stephanie wrote:
<quoted text>I went to Wirth back in 75 and 76 and Mr Hamel had th hardest swats.Mr Harzey was a close second hardest swatter.I remember when this guy named Eddie took the paddle from Mr Harzey`s own hand and said he was going to hit him with it.I was in the hall waiting for my swats when it happened.Talk about a crazy guy.It freaked Mr Harzey out.He forgot all about me.I went back in the classroom.A girl I went to school with back then showed the class a picture of her butt and it was so bruised.I think her family sued the school.I can`t remember which teacher it was.Her name was Cathy something.I think it was Heiman.Grade school swats might work.The middle school kids and high school kids would get even some how.
Now see, I went to Wirth in 83&84. By then hamels swing was weak!
The funny thing is that a bunch of us girls would purposely stay in the bathroom & smoke till the bell would ring, the class was right across the hall from the bathroom! I think Mrs. Sowels[?] was the teacher. She would wait for us to come out of the bathroom, look at us & shut the door in our faces! That meant go to the office. We'd get our swat, BS with whatever adult just swatted us & head back to class! I'd love to say some names of my b/room smokers??????
Oh what the hell,
Cathy Adams
Christy Fritsch
Elizabeth Steiner
Barbie Lindsey
Stephanie Ross
Cindy Ross
Sandy Wolf...any of these girls on here?
Stephanie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Do you know what year Mr Hamel retired?Mr Wolf took over his job .I think?Mr Wolf was a nice looking teacher.I remember seeing a clip a few years ago of him on TV and he still looks good!Was Mr Ittner still there when you went there?I liked him.He was a fun teacher.
Stephanie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Mr Hicks was fun too! He had a car that looked just like The Love Bug car!I drove Mr Story nuts when I was there.He was really cool.He knew how to talk to us back then.He calmed me down a few times.
threethirteen

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Stephanie wrote:
Do you know what year Mr Hamel retired?Mr Wolf took over his job .I think?Mr Wolf was a nice looking teacher.I remember seeing a clip a few years ago of him on TV and he still looks good!Was Mr Ittner still there when you went there?I liked him.He was a fun teacher.
I was working at a nusing home that mr. Wolfs dad was in. I didn't think there would be any relation to mr. Wolf. Then one day he pulled up on a harley to see his dad. He looked good in street clothes. Very handsome older man.I do remember an Ittner.I also remember looking at some pictures that were right outside the office doors & Mr. Hamel had no hair when he was younger but had a headful while i was there!
Scandalous!
Responsible Parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

I say, "swat 'em". When there is not any significant punishment to deter students from doing bad things then they will continue to do whatever they want. If my children did something bad enough to get a swat at school then they would get two at home!

Since: Aug 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

You think Kasubke was bad in 88, he had years of practice perfecting that swing. I had him in 74 & 75. You'd have to go back in the wood closet. Man they hurt. One class we caused so much trouble he made the entire class sit and watch him make the paddle he was going to use on us. Brutal!

Vice Principle Moss was the worst in HS. He used a rubber paddle. Stung like sh*t.
Stephanie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

You were there in 74 and 75?Did you know Kieth and Pam Tuttle?
threethirteen

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

opiate wrote:
You think Kasubke was bad in 88, he had years of practice perfecting that swing. I had him in 74 & 75. You'd have to go back in the wood closet. Man they hurt. One class we caused so much trouble he made the entire class sit and watch him make the paddle he was going to use on us. Brutal!
Vice Principle Moss was the worst in HS. He used a rubber paddle. Stung like sh*t.
I couldn't figure his class out[kasubke] so he told us one time that we would get 1 swat everyday for 1 week that we didn't have our work caught up. On week 2 we would get 2 swats everyday for a week, & so on. I swear I got up to like 5 swats a day. He even laughed cuz he could tell i was wearing extra shorts But he would just swat me harder!
I remember when i went to Chenot & Mrs. Latta would have her husband swat us so she didn't have to.
Stephanie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Mrs Latta?At Chenot?What year was that?I`m confused.I had Miss Fantini who married Mr Latta .We had a big party for them, the year was 1976 I think.This was at Wirth.

Since: Aug 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2009

Stephanie wrote:
You were there in 74 and 75?Did you know Kieth and Pam Tuttle?
Names sound familar, but I can't place them.
Stephanie

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2009

They lived in Bridgedale.They were brother and sister.They were quiet and kinda nerdy.I should not be so bad.They are my older step brother and step sister.As they got older my step sister turned out to be very pretty,my step brother went in the army ,was in desert storm,but he`s still a nerd.
randy haley

East Saint Louis, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2009

Stephanie wrote:
They lived in Bridgedale.They were brother and sister.They were quiet and kinda nerdy.I should not be so bad.They are my older step brother and step sister.As they got older my step sister turned out to be very pretty,my step brother went in the army ,was in desert storm,but he`s still a nerd.
STEPHANIE WHO THE HELL ARE YOU I STILL CANT FIGURE OUT WHO YOU ARE
Stephanie

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2009

Who did you hang around with when you were a teen?That might help.I knew so many people when I lived there.I know Keith Haley and I went to Centerville Grade school together.I can`t remember details,but I seem to rememeber a bad motorcycle accident back then.Was that Keith or you?I remember when Joey Tenholder was killed in that other bad car accident.I remember when Paul Brewer killed himself.Tammy Siezmore was going with him at the time.I dated alot of guys from Bridgedale.Of course it was when I was a teenager.One of my first crushes was Dennis Kirchoff.The skating rink is where I hung out the most.Gary Lentz and I went together for a while and then Kenny Stilley and I went together .Ronnie Gerlach,Mike Kizer and Mark Holland.I went though alot of guys back then.I met the right guy in 1980.Married and been happy ever since.Maybe that will help.
randy haley

East Saint Louis, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

Stephanie wrote:
Who did you hang around with when you were a teen?That might help.I knew so many people when I lived there.I know Keith Haley and I went to Centerville Grade school together.I can`t remember details,but I seem to rememeber a bad motorcycle accident back then.Was that Keith or you?I remember when Joey Tenholder was killed in that other bad car accident.I remember when Paul Brewer killed himself.Tammy Siezmore was going with him at the time.I dated alot of guys from Bridgedale.Of course it was when I was a teenager.One of my first crushes was Dennis Kirchoff.The skating rink is where I hung out the most.Gary Lentz and I went together for a while and then Kenny Stilley and I went together .Ronnie Gerlach,Mike Kizer and Mark Holland.I went though alot of guys back then.I met the right guy in 1980.Married and been happy ever since.Maybe that will help.
i hung arond with the shrums ,jeff prat ,joe raddick,eddy wilson,terry neil,danny davidson ,dennis frederick ,dennis kirchoff,paul brewer lived down the street,the divelys.jeff swenick,the killpatricks,jimmy bridger,we all hung out on the cornrer of baldwin & westwood ,it was actuelly steve sawyers yard but they didnt care,we hung around all over the sub,behind the old reebs store,you name it i was probably there
Stephanie

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

I can`t figure out if you were older than me or younger than me.I just turned 46.Do you see any of the people you listed anymore?What was that area called behind Reebs?I use to ride my bike back there.There were trails. There was a arcade there too for a little while.Do you remember the Gulf Gas Station and Flinn`s?So many things are changing there.Is the Animal Clinic still there?This is a wierd question.Did you ever venture to Parkfield Terrace when you were a kid?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of41
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Cahokia Forum right now

Search the Cahokia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 30 min truth 46,976
all these comments 4 hr Trucker 35
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 5 hr Tired 6,527
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 5 hr Tired 503
IL Who do you support for Attorney General in Illi... (Oct '10) 6 hr Tired 637
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 6 hr Rediculous 3,774
IL Who do you support for Comptroller in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 6 hr Rediculous 253
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cahokia Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Cahokia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance