Comments
21 - 31 of 31 Comments Last updated Sep 19, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
From Trigg County

Manhattan, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Mindy,

Not exactly true. You have to be from Trigg County, have ancestors there from before the Civil War, and your parents had to be in the right social circle. Local society is a kind of caste system, and no matter what you do outside of Trigg County, when you go back there you are still seen as a member of your caste by the members of higher castes, who will accept an upper class outsider quicker than they will somebody who rises from the lower rungs of local society. I have never known anybody from the lower castes to make anything of themselves IN Trigg county, but a lot of them have done very well after they left.
Mindy

Princeton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Aug 8, 2012
 
From Trigg County wrote:
Mindy,
Not exactly true. You have to be from Trigg County, have ancestors there from before the Civil War, and your parents had to be in the right social circle. Local society is a kind of caste system, and no matter what you do outside of Trigg County, when you go back there you are still seen as a member of your caste by the members of higher castes, who will accept an upper class outsider quicker than they will somebody who rises from the lower rungs of local society. I have never known anybody from the lower castes to make anything of themselves IN Trigg county, but a lot of them have done very well after they left.
AWESOME explanation, thank you kindly for clearing up my comment.:)
kiki

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Aug 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

a great place to live if you have a drug problem. you can get anything on westend st.
love cadiz

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Aug 18, 2012
 
We've lived here for nearly 20 years and it's a nice little town. Stay out of trouble and don't start any drama and you shouldn't have any problems.
What

Princeton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Sep 13, 2012
 
I don't live there but Cadiz looks like A great place to live! You have the lakes, it's a growing community and the people are friendly.

I don't think some of you really know how nice a place you live.
Mindy

Princeton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Sep 16, 2012
 
What wrote:
I don't live there but Cadiz looks like A great place to live! You have the lakes, it's a growing community and the people are friendly.
I don't think some of you really know how nice a place you live.
It is a "clean looking town". But there is more drugs in this town than Quaker has oats. Those "friendly people" will get close enough to stab your back if they need to. The lakes have no bearing on this being a nice place to live. Do research, i know no town is perfect but there is more than you realize. Money talks in this town and if you don't have money, you have no voice. The best thing to do in this town is keep your nose on your face, talk as liitle as possible and hide and watch. Just when you think you know someone, they end up on page A2 of our once a week paper.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Sep 17, 2012
 
HECK NO ITS NOT!
GOD

Russellville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Sep 17, 2012
 
Mindy wrote:
<quoted text>It is a "clean looking town". But there is more drugs in this town than Quaker has oats. Those "friendly people" will get close enough to stab your back if they need to. The lakes have no bearing on this being a nice place to live. Do research, i know no town is perfect but there is more than you realize. Money talks in this town and if you don't have money, you have no voice. The best thing to do in this town is keep your nose on your face, talk as liitle as possible and hide and watch. Just when you think you know someone, they end up on page A2 of our once a week paper.
This is so true, the people try to act like Christians but none are just a bunch of Juda's seems like they will stick anything they can find in your back. This is the scum of the bible belt, I believe Satan lives on main st.and for the Karma people it is so bad here you can feel it in your bones.
Hallo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Sep 17, 2012
 
GOD wrote:
<quoted text>This is so true, the people try to act like Christians but none are just a bunch of Juda's seems like they will stick anything they can find in your back. This is the scum of the bible belt, I believe Satan lives on main st.and for the Karma people it is so bad here you can feel it in your bones.
.
I agree. I am so glad I got a way. The crap that is done in Cadiz is appalling as are some of the folks. Everything you said is true. The bullying and drugs and unbecoming lifestyles more or less over run the town. The sheriff is trying to stop it, but not enough men on force to be where they need to be when bad stuff goes down! Stay clear of swimming areas too. Only pools with chlorine is safe to be in.
This girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Sep 18, 2012
 
I wouldnt recomend it here, if you have kids... NEXT COUNTY!
skidaddy

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Sep 19, 2012
 
It was really nice in the 70's and 80's. Now I don't know anybody because they moved in from the city and tried to change it to their "city". I love Cadiz but it used to be sweet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cadiz Discussions

Search the Cadiz Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Cornelius Scudmister 146,968
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 5 hr _-_Nope_-_ 81,562
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 17 hr Flint hill bandit 26,210
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 22 hr Flint hill bandit 16,129
jason wease (Jun '13) Mon no I dont 16
jimmy sanderson Mon anyone know 1
first day of school Mon Local Person 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cadiz Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Cadiz People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Cadiz News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cadiz
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••