Trigg county fire departments wat do ...

Trigg county fire departments wat do u think

Posted in the Cadiz Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Love cadiz

White Plains, KY

#1 Jan 27, 2013
Thank u to our volunters
How to Volunteer

Grand Rivers, KY

#2 Jan 27, 2013
If a person just could be a volunteer, We just need one county fire dept. like in Calloway County one fire dept. for the the county,
In Trigg County you have to be in the click !!
volenteer

United States

#3 Jan 27, 2013
A click you say?!?!?!?!
I call you out!!!!!!!
Go to any VFD, show interest, ambition, be sincere and follow thru. Show you want to learn, follow the steps, don't be a smart ass know it all.(Because when you act and think you know it all is when you and you partner will get hurt). 1st step is to obtain 150 Volunteer training hours, then finish the 2nd level of 400 more hours, no money in your pocket. Attend regular classes and training. It's an ambition, passion, free will , because you want to help your neighbors , your community. Its a special call of your heart. There is a job for ANYONE who wants to volunteer! Just because you make 2 meetings doesn't mean you'll get a radio and fire gear, doesn't mean you'll go into a burning structure. THERE IS A GREAT NEED FOR VOLUNTEERS , COUNTY WIDE. BUT YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW THRU. You can get 150 state training hours in about a years time, IF you apply yourself. Most are done at local fire depts here and surrounding area.
The problem the fire depts are seeing
1. No interest in volunteering
2. No money for the volunteers from the depts, reason it's called VOLENTEER
3. Time, work, can't get away from the family, money out of pocket ( gas to trainings , classes, and fire scenes ).
4. Maturity, ambition, and morals
These are a few reasons the VFD are seeing a decreases in volunteers.
Seems now days the younger generation just doesn't have what it takes to pull it off.
You can't just walk into a dept, think your going to make all the calls, and take over. It takes years and experience. The VFD has by-laws, regulations, county and state rules.
Fire fighters are to protect each other 1st. BECAUSE ANY LIFE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANY STRUCTURE!!
As I said, there is a job for ANYONE, if you feel the urge. From paper work to cleaning trucks and hoses at the VFD.
Fireman

White Plains, KY

#4 Jan 27, 2013
Wats the benefit of that wer have u tried to volunter and why wer u turned down
volenteer

United States

#5 Jan 27, 2013
Love cadiz wrote:
Thank u to our volunters
Thank you for the acknowledgement. It's not said near enough. All pain, no pay. It takes a special person to endure the hard training, long hours away from family ,home and work. There is a saying , "We bust ours to save yours".
And the world is so full of ungrateful people. As a volunteer, thank you for the recognition! I can speak for many, it's greatly appreciated.
Fireman

White Plains, KY

#6 Jan 27, 2013
Thank you could not of explained it better myself and im sorry one fire dept is not the awnser over fifty persent of our firefighters in the county are aginst this idea so we will loose a lot of our highly experinced volunters
volenteer

United States

#7 Jan 27, 2013
Fireman wrote:
Wats the benefit of that wer have u tried to volunter and why wer u turned down
I would also like to know where that person was turned down?!?!?!?
It may be a problem at that 1 VFD. Maybe the person turned down, had the wrong attitude, no drivers lic. Under age. We can only think the worse. Because as I'm a volunteer , and I travel many counties for my training, depts don't turn down many ppl, for no reason. And if this person is sincere , they can post their name, and get them in the right direction. Just sayin'
Fireman

White Plains, KY

#8 Jan 27, 2013
I understand peoples ideas bot a volunter fireman ther just rednecks run red lights n siren tring to be somebody it really not like that in trigg we care bout our community lots of people talk down bout us but allwas glad to see us wen we show up and flames r comeing out of evry windiow and little jonnys inside and the pets we respond 24-7 miss work no pay and lay down our lifes at times and i love evre minuite of serving trigg county and i persnonaly invite any one that would like to volunters tell me wer u wanna go and i will give u ther meeting times
Love cadiz

White Plains, KY

#9 Jan 27, 2013
Its absoutly not said enough jst had it on my mind thought i would post
Love cadiz

White Plains, KY

#10 Jan 27, 2013
Y should we try and be like murry and priston merging to one fire dept wat is the benefit
Rayhay

White Plains, KY

#11 Jan 27, 2013
How to Volunteer wrote:
If a person just could be a volunteer, We just need one county fire dept. like in Calloway County one fire dept. for the the county,
In Trigg County you have to be in the click !!


Just curious who did this to u wat dept ik my dept isnt like this dont gt me wrong i worked my but off and it took bot two years to respond to a scean bt i thank god they didnt just throw me to the wolfs
Trigg citizen

White Plains, KY

#12 Jan 27, 2013
These guys and girls realy dont get the thanks they deserve. Thank you volunters
MVFD

United States

#13 Jan 27, 2013
The crazy thing about firemen is day an night there always firemen
Trigg citizen

White Plains, KY

#14 Jan 27, 2013
MVFD wrote:
The crazy thing about firemen is day an night there always firemen
true
One TCFD

Paducah, KY

#15 Jan 28, 2013
Suggesting that Trigg County needs one county wide fire department is no way cutting down the volunteer fire fighters. Trouble is some of the dpts that we have are getting close to the point of not being able to operate.
Volenteer

United States

#16 Jan 28, 2013
One TCFD wrote:
Suggesting that Trigg County needs one county wide fire department is no way cutting down the volunteer fire fighters. Trouble is some of the dpts that we have are getting close to the point of not being able to operate.
Do tell!!!!!!! Tell us why the depts are seeing hard times?!?!?! You want to speak, know the entire story, ALL SIDES OF THE SITUATION.
Let me give some insight, the VFD are having tough times just like everyone else in the small communities. The younger generation just don't have what it takes, their drive and morals are not there. Male or female. Dropping out of school, getting pregnant, no jobs, on drugs, in jail, priorities are wrong, just lazy, no interest because its nothing FREE for you to take back home with you. Many ppl are struggling w jobs, it takes money out of our pockets for gas to run to the classes , trainings, fires, and false alarms and on top of that time away from work without pay. It takes a special person to fill the boots of a fire fighter. A grateful person who does the job on the VFD, gets the pleasure of helping others, the community, it's a passion. If Trigg gets 1 dept to cover the entire county, home owner insurance will double. You think there's issues now with insurance prices. And IT'S A FACT, MANY STUDIES AND ANY FIRE FIGHTER WILL TELL YOU, VOLUNTEERS RESPOND TO MORE FIRES THAN ANY PAID FIRE FIGHTER.
A paid firefighter works a scheduled shift 1 day on to about every 2 days off.
The classes and trainings are very similar , few differences if any. And yes, there will be a cut on the fire fighters if Trigg goes to 1 station county wide. There's no way 1 station will house 100+ fire fighters for the size of Trigg.
Each community has issues, rather its a retiring community with no young generations to help step up or a dept that has controlling members and runs everyone off. That's where the focus needs to be.
Trigg kid

White Plains, KY

#17 Jan 29, 2013
One TCFD wrote:
Suggesting that Trigg County needs one county wide fire department is no way cutting down the volunteer fire fighters. Trouble is some of the dpts that we have are getting close to the point of not being able to operate.
a nighboring dept will have to take over one fd dept is not the awnser wat if two houses r on fire at same time some bodys screwed and yes its happned befor ok i under stand prinstone is doing well bt we r not prinston
One TCFD

Paducah, KY

#18 Jan 30, 2013
Trigg kid wrote:
<quoted text> a nighboring dept will have to take over one fd dept is not the awnser wat if two houses r on fire at same time some bodys screwed and yes its happned befor ok i under stand prinstone is doing well bt we r not prinston
County wide fire departments work in other states. In some states that is the only kind of volunteer fire department that the law allows. In others they are county run on a model like the Cadiz Fire Dept. The county owns the fire stations, trucks, etc. and pays the bills. In many places like that the county workers double as firefighters. They are available and the county can pay their salary and expenses while they are doing training. The volunteers are assigned to a particular fire station as needed. If two houses are on fire at the same time it does not matter because the county is not cut up into a bunch of little fiefdoms, each belonging to a particular volunteer fire dept. The fire dept. is county wide. The EMS would dispatch the nearest station to the first fire. When the other fire was reported EMS would just send the next nearest station.
Trigg kid

White Plains, KY

#19 Jan 30, 2013
Sounds like extremly high taxes and so i guess if ur a county worker u r forced to make the ultimate sacrafics or have no job or have only one or two firefighters and wat r u calling ems think u mean dispatch or TRIGG so wat if thesse "county workers" r bussy puting brime and salt out wen they gt paged now we have slick roads and wrecks and prolly a wreched firetruck im not sur wat ur deffination of county worker is i think county road dept im not sayin ur wrong bt iv been around for a few years and iv herd both sides of this have u ever been around the trigg fire service how do u kno r u jsus a tax paying cittizen i wanna kno y u feel so strongly bot havig one dept i mean wev herd y we need one dept bt honestly lets here wats so wrong right now please be honest thaank you for ur input
One TCFD

Paducah, KY

#20 Jan 30, 2013
Volenteer wrote:
<quoted text>
Do tell!!!!!!! Tell us why the depts are seeing hard times?!?!?! You want to speak, know the entire story, ALL SIDES OF THE SITUATION.
Let me give some insight, the VFD are having tough times just like everyone else in the small communities. The younger generation just don't have what it takes, their drive and morals are not there. Male or female. Dropping out of school, getting pregnant, no jobs, on drugs, in jail, priorities are wrong, just lazy, no interest because its nothing FREE for you to take back home with you. Many ppl are struggling w jobs, it takes money out of our pockets for gas to run to the classes , trainings, fires, and false alarms and on top of that time away from work without pay. It takes a special person to fill the boots of a fire fighter. A grateful person who does the job on the VFD, gets the pleasure of helping others, the community, it's a passion. If Trigg gets 1 dept to cover the entire county, home owner insurance will double. You think there's issues now with insurance prices. And IT'S A FACT, MANY STUDIES AND ANY FIRE FIGHTER WILL TELL YOU, VOLUNTEERS RESPOND TO MORE FIRES THAN ANY PAID FIRE FIGHTER.
A paid firefighter works a scheduled shift 1 day on to about every 2 days off.
The classes and trainings are very similar , few differences if any. And yes, there will be a cut on the fire fighters if Trigg goes to 1 station county wide. There's no way 1 station will house 100+ fire fighters for the size of Trigg.
Each community has issues, rather its a retiring community with no young generations to help step up or a dept that has controlling members and runs everyone off. That's where the focus needs to be.
ONE Trigg County Fire Deptartment would not mean ONE fire station. I have been in counties three or four times bigger in land area than Trigg County is that have one county wide fire department and twice the number of fire stations that Trigg County has. Some of them have fewer people than Trigg County does and thus have fewer volunteers. But they are so well organized and have communications set up so well that firefighters are not tied to one station. When a fire is reported the EMS pages designated firefighters to go to the nearest station and get the trucks. Others are directed to directly to the fire. In some counties where county workers double as volunteer firefighters they are the ones that go for the trucks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cadiz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Freemason 5 hr Seeking 3
Jessie Cherry 6 hr Behindyou 10
anna fears 6 hr Behindyou 5
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 8 hr MAGA 1,035
Who's the beauty in the white ford escape 9 hr Bca 20
Creepy guy Aug 14 Marshal law 7
Jeep with rainbow lights? Aug 14 octolibert 8

Cadiz Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cadiz Mortgages