Not quite perfect

Drug court program boasts high success rate, despite recent arrests By MATT SWEARENGIN SENIOR Staff Writer DURANT - Several people enrolled in Bryan County's Drug Court have been arrested again recently, but ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
A JOKE

United States

#1 Feb 6, 2007
Everyone knows that the Bryan County Drug Court is a joke. Everyone in the program is still using drugs and doing what they want. The director, Julie simply turns her head if the people she likes is misbehaving. She is sympathetic to these offenders because she used to be an offender herself. It is a joke!! Being from the small town of Durant, I personally know many people in drug court. To this day, I know of three that have never been drug tested....how can you tell if someone is getting the help they need and staying clean if you aren't even testing them? They need to get someone in there that actually cares if the offender is rehabilated, rather than just trying to pass time and get them out of the program as fast as possible.
A Durant resident

United States

#2 Mar 22, 2007
I agree completely! I know two indiviuals in drug court right now that are doing drugs on a daily basis. One is even living with another convicted felon which is against her probation. The director has been told but fails to do anything about it. All the director has to do is take one trip to her house and find the convicted felon sleeping there. It doesn't take a genius!!
caddo residence

AOL

#4 Apr 1, 2007
A Durant resident wrote:
I agree completely! I know two indiviuals in drug court right now that are doing drugs on a daily basis. One is even living with another convicted felon which is against her probation. The director has been told but fails to do anything about it. All the director has to do is take one trip to her house and find the convicted felon sleeping there. It doesn't take a genius!!
who would that might be because if it is the the same person that i know she is not on probation or perole anymore and has cleaned up her act!!!!!!!
A Durant Resident

United States

#6 Apr 4, 2007
Well, I guess there are two females violating their probation or parole. This certain individual that I am referring to was sentenced to probation/drug court 4 months ago. She is brand new to the program and never went to prison. So she was never on parole. I guess drug court is even more messed up than we thought.
former durant resident

Tulsa, OK

#8 Jul 15, 2007
I know of one female that was in drug court that was not using drugs and working full time,attending her meetings,trying to do all the requirements of drug court but one night she was jumped by 3 drug addicts and was put in the hospital. judge hatch kicked her out of drug court and sentenced her to 15 years. now how fair is that, the judge is a joke and as far as the bryan county sherriffs department there is a quite a few mith labs out by lake texoma that the police department is aware of and they do nothing about it because obviously there being protected by the police department.
durant

Calera, OK

#9 Jul 26, 2007
you obviously dont no what the hell your talking about or you would no the whole story and since you dont you obviously got her side of it she was beatin fo being a snitch and still had a problem with drinking so get your story straight before you go running your head
id check

Richardson, TX

#10 Jul 28, 2007
interesting
laughing

AOL

#11 Jul 28, 2007
Interesting is putting it mildly.I had no idea the crackheads had this kind of info.
A Durant Resident

United States

#12 Aug 8, 2007
TO "durant": Obviously, you are just like the crackheads in drug court. The point is...drug court is a joke. They throw the people they don't like in prison and let the others run around making their own meth labs and do nothing about it. I bet if you drug tested everyone in drug court today 80% would fail. I would put money on it.
Just One Of Those

AOL

#13 Aug 22, 2007
Your Ignorance is Astounding! The program does work for people Who acknowledge their mistakes and want to change their ways of living. Sure their are the few who still use while in the program, but for the ones who have a geniune determination to stay clean Drug Court Works. It gives people the chance to change their lives, to become productive citizens, to overcome their addictions instead of sitting for years in a prison cell. Thank God for Drug court.
Just One Of Those

AOL

#14 Aug 22, 2007
A JOKE wrote:
Everyone knows that the Bryan County Drug Court is a joke. Everyone in the program is still using drugs and doing what they want. The director, Julie simply turns her head if the people she likes is misbehaving. She is sympathetic to these offenders because she used to be an offender herself. It is a joke!! Being from the small town of Durant, I personally know many people in drug court. To this day, I know of three that have never been drug tested....how can you tell if someone is getting the help they need and staying clean if you aren't even testing them? They need to get someone in there that actually cares if the offender is rehabilated, rather than just trying to pass time and get them out of the program as fast as possible.
STUPIDITY IS NO EXCUSE FOR YOUR IGNORANCE
A Durant Resident

United States

#15 Aug 24, 2007
TO "Just One of Those"
You say that I am ignorant and stupid, however it looks like you should go back to grammar school. You seem To capitalize Every other Random word. Also, do you know someone that has benefited from drug court? How long have they been clean? Or are you the drug court coordinator and that is why you are so offended? Besides, I think drug court would be beneficial to a county that didn't have it's own crackhead running the program.
TDC

Piedmont, OK

#16 Oct 6, 2007
A Durant Resident wrote:
TO "Just One of Those"
You say that I am ignorant and stupid, however it looks like you should go back to grammar school. You seem To capitalize Every other Random word. Also, do you know someone that has benefited from drug court? How long have they been clean? Or are you the drug court coordinator and that is why you are so offended? Besides, I think drug court would be beneficial to a county that didn't have it's own crackhead running the program.
I think "A Durant Resident" is right on the money. The Bryan County Drug Court Program is more of a joke like the Bryan County Jail. They have idiots running both so we really shouldn't be surprised how poorly it is ran. I personally know one person that has been in drug court and one that is in right now. They both do what they want and the director never checks up on them. One girl has one address listed by she hasn't lived there in over 6 months. The Court should really look into the system and see what is really going on!! The drug offenders aren't getting the right resources in order for them to stay clean. To be honest, they never get clean to stay clean. Sad.
Just one of Those Sister

United States

#17 Apr 26, 2008
Well, to update the story...my sister WAS in drug court and WAS very thankful for the program for helping her and her husband! She followed all of the rules, staying clean, etc.. BUT, her husband was not. She made one mistake, she pissed for her husband, ONCE, and only after he PROMISED he would NOT DO DRUGS ANYMORE!!! Well, one night, in one of Julie's private AA meetings, my sister admitted (in a confidential AA meeting) of what she did for her husband. THE END RESULT... my sister was revoked from drug court and was sentence to 6 months in jail! The moral of this story is NOT the fact that she no longer feels the same way about the Drug Court Sytem, but the fact that the System IS A JOKE!! And they now have a fight on their hands! I plan on kicking ass all the way to the Oklahoma State Supreme Court! If you are interested in joining in on this FIGHT FOR JUSTICE! Just leave your Comment!
just curious

Colbert, OK

#18 Jan 7, 2010
If you are assigned to Drug court do you have to reside in Bryan County?
Not a doper

Fort Worth, TX

#19 Jul 30, 2011
just curious wrote:
If you are assigned to Drug court do you have to reside in Bryan County?
Yes you do have to live in Bryan county to get drug court here.
Here's the deal: they finally fired Julie the felon. But, they have hired Charlene, Guess what?? The felon. Can't judge hatch ever learn. STOP hiring felons and dopeheads for the director position. You are so proud, bit the program is a JOKE!
Not a doper

Fort Worth, TX

#20 Jul 31, 2011
The "best program in the state" was throwing away and not reporting dirty drug tests to the Court. No wonder they weren't sending people to prison who failed.
Julie was borrowing money from participants and borrowing cars.
learning more everyday

Calera, OK

#21 Aug 5, 2011
Its pretty disgusting that most of the people commenting dont think that people can change. Alot of you commenting act sound very 'holier than thou" lik youve never done anything wrong in your lives. Addiction is a disease. The fact is It takes a drug addict to know a drug addict. Just like if you were fighting cancer you would try to suround yourself with people who to have fought cancer. SUPPORT and HELPING PEOPLE thats what its all about...not sending people to prison to just get out and relive the nightmare again. Lets remember to Love our Neighbor as God loves us. Yes mistakes have been made but lets learn from the mistakes and do better.
Not a doper

Dallas, TX

#22 Aug 12, 2011
It does not take a doper to recognize a doper.
Also, dopers or hopefully former dopers are not needed to run the program.
That's just plain ole common sense, and it gives Brysn County drug court a bad name and makes it the laughing stock of the judicial system.
DRUG COURT PATICIPANT

Durant, OK

#23 Aug 26, 2011
A JOKE wrote:
Everyone knows that the Bryan County Drug Court is a joke. Everyone in the program is still using drugs and doing what they want. The director, Julie simply turns her head if the people she likes is misbehaving. She is sympathetic to these offenders because she used to be an offender herself. It is a joke!! Being from the small town of Durant, I personally know many people in drug court. To this day, I know of three that have never been drug tested....how can you tell if someone is getting the help they need and staying clean if you aren't even testing them? They need to get someone in there that actually cares if the offender is rehabilated, rather than just trying to pass time and get them out of the program as fast as possible.
YOU ARE AN IDIOT! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR EVEN TALKIN ABOUT!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caddo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Antlers Postal Worker Sentenced For Stealing Pa... (Nov '13) 14 hr wateva 10
Mike Bailey Former Choctaw Asst Chief (Aug '11) Dec 10 Indian Ghost 14
Brent Burns Nov 20 Mustang Momma 17
April & Kenneth Dodd? Nov '14 concerned 1
Durant Men Arrested After Child Allegedly Spank... Nov '14 Free ANDRE THOMAS 1
Vincent Burns (Sep '11) Oct '14 Funny 5
The 411 (Jeremy L. Head) Oct '14 Honestyseeker 1
Caddo Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Caddo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Caddo News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Caddo

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:00 am PST

Yahoo! Sports11:00AM
Two days after surgery, DeMarco Murray practices
NBC Sports 1:34 PM
Andre Johnson practices as Texans weigh quarterback options
NFL 1:47 PM
One Preview: Passing and rushing yardage leaders meet in Big D
NBC Sports 4:53 PM
Randle, Dunbar wait on status of Cowboys' Murray - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 5:55 PM
Indianapolis Colts vs. Dallas Cowboys Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick