First Prev
of 3
Next Last
tcraven

Little Rock, AR

#1 Sep 13, 2011
Anyone tried to new Magnolia Restaurant that just opened near Larry's? It's in the same location as the failed Mexican restaurant and failed steak restaurant (Mar's, I think). They have signs up that say they are now open, but I can't find a website and haven't seen an ad in any local papers yet. Definitely won't try it without knowing what they serve & hearing something about it.

Seems like they're asking to go out of business considering they're in the same location as multiple failed buisnesses and don't seem to have done any advertising to make their presence known. Seems like common sense for any new resturant in town to put up a quick website with their menu & perhaps offer a coupon in The Leader for a month to get people to know they exist, especially those that keep in opening in the Southfork complex, which appears to be a good location but seems to be troubled with failed resturants (Mexican one, Mar's, Jim Jim's, Southfork Grill).

Anyway, I'd be curious to know anything about the restaurant (type of food, take-out available, website, etc.).
Resident

Mansfield, TX

#2 Sep 13, 2011
jim jims is out of business? I hate to hear that!
tcraven

Little Rock, AR

#3 Sep 13, 2011
Resident wrote:
jim jims is out of business? I hate to hear that!
I don't know for sure, as I never go there, but on the Jim Jim's page on this forum, two people posted in June that it appeared to be closed ( http://www.topix.com/forum/city/cabot-ar/TC6D... ). Jim Jim's website is still up, though.
Cabotian

Cabot, AR

#4 Sep 13, 2011
Jim jim's is empty.

We tried Magnolia Cafe recently, and it was okay. I cannot recall with detail the menu, but I remember not being too impressed with the offerings. I ended up getting the shrimp po-Boy which wasn't very good...not an authentic Louisiana style at all, was one of the strangest shrimp po boys I have ever seen! My friend got the cheeseburger and he thought it was very good, said he would go back. I am willing to try again, however, if all I am going to get is a burger, I think I will stick with a place like Jane's Kitchen. The food, to me, seemed a bit greasy. But it could be opening week jitters! We sampled dessert and the pie was VERY good. The price is fair too. I think we spent about $28 including two meals, two desserts and drinks and the tip. Not bad. Seriously though, when we went, we went at noon and it was just us and one other table eating. I think the overhead in that complex is too high to sustain anything less than high volume foot traffic, so I give this new venture six months.
Brenda G

Cabot, AR

#5 Sep 17, 2011
We just tried the new restaurant, and we had the fried catfish, I tried the cajun potato salad and the slaw, which is all homemade. It was all very good. Also had the fried dill pickle slices and they were awesome. They have steaks, pot roast, catfish, fried or grilled, sandwiches, chicken strips, there is certainly something there for everyone. The banana pudding was VERY good according to my husband. They were very friendly and service was awesome! We will be going back! Soon!
tara

Cabot, AR

#6 Sep 18, 2011
Ate there yesterday. I had the cheeseburger and home cut fries. My friend had the fried pickles and cheese sticks. All very good and really good sweet tea. Reasonable prices and I will go back. We to eat at Sorella's last Saturday and it was closed down. It's really sad that Cabot can't keep good eating places open.
Tara

North Little Rock, AR

#8 Oct 25, 2011
Sorella's did close but it is reopened as Morino's Italian restaurant

Fort Worth, TX

#9 Oct 25, 2011
That's the third time it has closed & reopened as a different name! Weird
owner

Cabot, AR

#10 Nov 4, 2011
tcraven wrote:
Anyone tried to new Magnolia Restaurant that just opened near Larry's? It's in the same location as the failed Mexican restaurant and failed steak restaurant (Mar's, I think). They have signs up that say they are now open, but I can't find a website and haven't seen an ad in any local papers yet. Definitely won't try it without knowing what they serve & hearing something about it.
Seems like they're asking to go out of business considering they're in the same location as multiple failed buisnesses and don't seem to have done any advertising to make their presence known. Seems like common sense for any new resturant in town to put up a quick website with their menu & perhaps offer a coupon in The Leader for a month to get people to know they exist, especially those that keep in opening in the Southfork complex, which appears to be a good location but seems to be troubled with failed resturants (Mexican one, Mar's, Jim Jim's, Southfork Grill).
Anyway, I'd be curious to know anything about the restaurant (type of food, take-out available, website, etc.).
I am the owner of The Magnolia Restaurant and we are not going anywhere...God Willing!! I have been very blessed to be able to accomplish my life long dream of owning my own restaurant! I learn something new everyday, but I still enjoy coming to work everyday..which can consist of anywhere from 12-14 hour days...anyway..enough rambling on for me!! If you haven't already, come by and check us out!! We have done advertising with Cool 104.7, the Star Herald, Cabot High & Beebe High sports posters, along with an ad in the Leader that will be out in a few weeks. Also, our web-site will go live in about 7 days. We also have a Facebook page that we are trying to build. It all takes time and now that the restaurant is going smoothly and my employees have their routines down, I can spend more time on our website and Facebook page. Thanks for your input!! Hope you try us out soon!!
Friend

Cabot, AR

#11 Nov 6, 2011
GREAT FOOD! GREAT FOOD!
Sarah M

Cabot, AR

#12 Nov 7, 2011
owner wrote:
<quoted text>I am the owner of The Magnolia Restaurant and we are not going anywhere...God Willing!! I have been very blessed to be able to accomplish my life long dream of owning my own restaurant! I learn something new everyday, but I still enjoy coming to work everyday..which can consist of anywhere from 12-14 hour days...anyway..enough rambling on for me!! If you haven't already, come by and check us out!! We have done advertising with Cool 104.7, the Star Herald, Cabot High & Beebe High sports posters, along with an ad in the Leader that will be out in a few weeks. Also, our web-site will go live in about 7 days. We also have a Facebook page that we are trying to build. It all takes time and now that the restaurant is going smoothly and my employees have their routines down, I can spend more time on our website and Facebook page. Thanks for your input!! Hope you try us out soon!!
I love magnolias! The food is very good and they have great prices! Keep up the good work.
Ricky

Hensley, AR

#13 Nov 10, 2011
Awesome, awesome.... My wife and I tried magnolias their first week of opening. Since then we have been hooked. I am originally from mississippi and when I moved to Cabot I quickly realized that there was not much choices for food. Magnolias is a great place to go in sit down and ENJOY your food in a peaceful and welcoming environment. If you want very quick service with precooked food, not bother wasting your time; on the other hand if you want great home cooked FRESH food that doesnt take every penny out of your pocket then go check them out, I promise you will not be disappointed. If you are disappointed then you don't know what good food and good service really means..... KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB MAGNOLIAS CREW!!!!!!!!
Kerin Hunt

Little Rock, AR

#14 Jan 19, 2012
My family and I ate at Magnolia's last weekend for the first time. Man, it was good. Everything is cooked to order, and it was all fresh and DELICIOUS! I would say their fried pickles are to die for, as well as their strawberry pie. OMGosh. But, I think what we enjoyed most was how nice they were. We spoke at length with the owners and "mama" who was helping out. SUPER nice people!! I will be going back.. often. Their pricing was very fair, we thought. I hope them the best in that location and hope they can get some good business from Cabot folks. Oh, and the food I would say is "home cooking" type. Catfish, some seafood, some cajun, burgers, really good sweet tea, and fabulous dessert. Give them a try, I think you'll be glad you did.
Great

Mountain View, AR

#15 Jan 25, 2012
I plan to eat there. I don't live in town but it was recomended by a special someone;)
Mandy

United States

#16 Feb 10, 2012
My family and I ate there tonight and were very disapointed. It seems like a good restaurant having an off night. He ordered the ribs and it was a BIG serving but half of the plate was badly undercooked. I ordered the crawfish alfredo and was only able to take a few bites. It was bland and drowning in sauce that had no flavor. On the other hand my kids chicken strips and fries were very tasty, and the fried crawfish appetizer was good. I dont think we will make the trip back which stinks because it seems like the kind of place I would normally love.
Yea

Mountain View, AR

#17 Feb 10, 2012
I'm a friend of the family. They had a rough night. I ate there recently and I loved it. I will go back.
Anonymous

Cabot, AR

#18 Feb 12, 2012
Appetizers
Chips & Salsa-$1.99
Fried Dill Pickles- Hand battered pickle slices served with Ranch $3.99
Cheese Sticks- 6 piece Battered w/ marinara sauce $4.99
Onion Petals- Fresh, hand battered onions fried to a golden brown served with Ranch or Comeback.$4.99
Loaded Cheesy Fries- Hand cut, fresh potatoes loaded with Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses and topped with bacon & served with Ranch.$5.99
*The Magnolia Cheese Bake- This cheesy dip is topped with a buttery crackers and bacon, and then drizzled with a sweet glaze and served with corn chips and crackers.$5.99
BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos- peppers on request.$6.29
Chicken Queso Dip-$5.99
Wings- 6 piece served with your choice of Hot, Mild or BBQ sauce served over nachos and a side of celery- Served with Ranch.$6.99
10pc $8.99 20pc $17.99 35pc $25.99 50pc $36.99
Salads
House Salad-Large salad which includes tomato, cheese, croutons, red onion and cucumber-$4.99
Chef Salad- Includes egg and ham $5.99 Char-Grilled or Southern Fried chicken $6.99
Pulled Pork Salad- Fresh smoked pulled pork $6.99 Shrimp Salad- Char-Grilled or Fried Shrimp $7.99
Dressings
Magnolia House Dressing (Chocolate Italian)**Homemade Ranch** Light Ranch**Homemade 1000 Island**Balsamic Vinaigrette** Honey Mustard**Comeback**

Alfredo Pasta- Homemade cream sauce over Angel Hair pasta served with your choice of meat.
Chicken $8.99**Shrimp $9.49**Crawfish $9.99
Taters
Our king sized taters are a meal in themselves!
The Magnolia Tater- The ultimate loaded tater which includes; butter, sour cream, cheese, bacon, black olives, green onions and jalapenos on request.$5.89
*With pulled pork or chicken $6.99
Roast Beef and Gravy Tater $5.99
**Slow Cooked Roast Beef and Gravy**
choice of 2 sides and a roll.$6.99
**Hamburger Steak**
Served with onions & gravy with choice of 2 sides
and a roll.$7.89
Ribs
Our Babyback Ribs are rubbed down with our seasoning blend then slow smoked and served dry with BBQ sauce on the side. Served with choice of side and a roll.
˝ Rack 8.99 Whole $16.99

Sides Reg $1.99 Pint $3.99 Homemade Baked Beans** Homemade Coleslaw** Homemade Southern Potato Salad** Homemade Cajun Potato Salad**Fresh Cut Fries** Homemade Onion Petals**Fried Okra** Corn on the Cob** Turnip Greens** Baked Potato**House Salad
Anonymous

Cabot, AR

#19 Feb 12, 2012
Sandwich Baskets
Served with Pickle Spear and Fresh cut fries (May substitute side)
Pulled Pork- Served with choice of BBQ Sauce
Reg $4.49 Jumbo $6.19
Catfish Po Boy- Served with lettuce, tomato & Homemade Tartar Sauce $5.29
Shrimp or Crawfish Po Boy-Served with lettuce, tomato & Homemade 1000 Island or Spicy Sauce $6.89
Burger Po Boy- 8oz.- Served with lettuce, tomato and choice of condiments $5.89 add cheese $6.19
Cheese Burgers- Served with lettuce, Tomato and choice of condiments.
Reg 4oz $4.19 Large 8oz $6.19
*The N.C. Magnolia Burger -loaded-includes fried onion petals & fried dill pickles, 2 cheeses, lettuce, tomato, Comeback dressing & BBQ sauce.
4oz.$5.49 8oz.$7.49
Philly Cheese Steak- Served with grilled onions and bell peppers & choice of condiments.$5.99
Philly Chicken & Cheese-Served with grilled onions and bell peppers & choice of condiments.$5.99
Grilled Chicken Sandwich- Served with lettuce, tomato & choice of condiments $5.49 with cheese $5.79
Chicken Tender Basket- 4 piece served with choice of side and roll $6.99
Steaks
Our Certified Angus Beef ribeye steaks are hand cut & made to order. Served with side salad, baked potato or fresh cut fries and roll. 10oz $13.99 16oz $17.99
Seafood
10 Piece shrimp Basket is served grilled or fried with house salad and choice of side and roll $11.99
Catfish Baskets include; Coleslaw, Homemade Hush Puppies, Fresh Cut Fries & Tartar Sauce (Turnip Greens included on Request) 3 Piece $7.99 5 Piece $9.99
Grilled Catfish- 2 piece served with house salad, choice of side and roll $7.99 Lemon Pepper** Cajun** Blackened
The Magnolia “TOM-CAT”-Battered Fried Green Tomato and Catfish served over rice with crab sauce. Served with side salad and bread.$10.99
Crawfish Mandeville- Fried crawfish tails served with rice and a Mandeville Etouffee sauce. Served with side salad and bread.$10.99
Child’s Menu Each Child’s basket comes with fries and applesauce or snack.$2.99
Burger (4oz)**Chicken Tender (2 )** Catfish(2 )
Cheese Pizza with applesauce or snack $2.99
Drinks
Coke**Diet Coke**Coke Zero**Sprite**Hi-C Fruit Punch** Dr. Pepper** Diet Dr. Pepper**Root Beer**Tea (Sweetened or unsweet)$1.89
Coffee $1.09 Child’s Drink $.99
Desserts
Pies-(All homemade)$2.89
Key Lime****Strawberry Cream****Chocolate Cream****Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie****Lemon Ice Box
Bread Pudding ** Banana Pudding** Cheesecake $3.99
(In case you were wondering)
Makayla Coble(:

Fort Worth, TX

#21 Feb 15, 2012
I go there all the time, it has some really good food. I got the steak there and oh my god!! It was fantastic!! It was so freakin good I had to keep coming back!

Wichita, KS

#22 Feb 16, 2012
I was there with my family on Valentines Day and we actually got up and walked out we sat there for 30 minutes and the waitress not one time came and asked to even take our drink order. The table next to us had been there 15 minutes longer than us and they had the same situation although she did finally take their order and when they asked questions about a certain menu item she said she would have to ask and out of fear of her not coming back he said nevermind and ordered something else. There was also a table across from us in the same section that was also very aggrivated and mentioned walking out. I trying to be understanding asked to talk to the manager and as I explained to her what had happened and that there was another table up front that they might want to wait on she was very very rude and actually slammed a pan down as I left. I mean really what happened to mam I am so sorry we are just really busy tonight and I apologize for this situation but if you would like to go and sit back down we will take your order right now. Not being rude!!! Word of mouth in Cabot can make or break someone. I unfortunately have been burned and will not recommend this restaurant to anyone. Very very disappointed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cabot Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheap car/Car repair 1 hr sexy single lady 11
Hallie butcher 12 hr Easy 2
Amber Hunt 19 hr Soap on a roap 4
Wanting a threesome partner ( A Girl ) Sat Keepers Creepers 16
Wayne shirley (Jan '12) Sat Happy Henry 41
hayden taylor (Aug '13) Sat shesaho 3
NSA Cabot Fri me 5
Cabot Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web