tail light tinting
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concerned citizen

Cabot, AR

#24 Sep 1, 2012
Thought I would do a little research tonight. Arkansas state law says lights must be visible from 500 ft. US DOT says the same. Theoretically DOT would/could approve a tail light cover if visible at 500 ft. I do not see any official DOT approved covers on the market so I would say that none meet those regulations. Therefor, I guess the trooper is right on.
Johnny Law

Beebe, AR

#25 Sep 1, 2012
concerned citizen wrote:
Thought I would do a little research tonight. Arkansas state law says lights must be visible from 500 ft. US DOT says the same. Theoretically DOT would/could approve a tail light cover if visible at 500 ft. I do not see any official DOT approved covers on the market so I would say that none meet those regulations. Therefor, I guess the trooper is right on.
Looks like you might need to check the market again buddy....
Ark Trooper

Greenbrier, AR

#26 Dec 8, 2012
Piggee and Johnny Law......I hope Johnny Law isn't a cop or he doesn't know anything- ask anyone that went to the awards banquest last week in Conway if Judge Brazil didn't compliment Trooper Matt Toon (who got officer of the year) about how he is dedicated to writing tckets to people for illegal tail lights and helping to prevent accidents. Look in the ACT 300 . you have to see the reflector and or tail light CLEARLY for 500 ft.....that mean that refelector like you had on your bicycle (you may be still riding it) that is inside the assembly must show for 500ft-
Joe

Searcy, AR

#27 Feb 10, 2013
Ark Trooper wrote:
Piggee and Johnny Law......I hope Johnny Law isn't a cop or he doesn't know anything- ask anyone that went to the awards banquest last week in Conway if Judge Brazil didn't compliment Trooper Matt Toon (who got officer of the year) about how he is dedicated to writing tckets to people for illegal tail lights and helping to prevent accidents. Look in the ACT 300 . you have to see the reflector and or tail light CLEARLY for 500 ft.....that mean that refelector like you had on your bicycle (you may be still riding it) that is inside the assembly must show for 500ft-
...Which... Is.... Possible.... Tailight tint is translucent allowing nearly all the light through, while giving it a black look when not lit up. But to bypass reflector reqs, people are now leaving unpainted spots in their tailight for light to fully show through, such as a bowtie if they drive a Chevy. Its legal and it still looks good. And before anyone else responds, it is ultimately the same as a smaller light on a tiny import car at this point.

Since: Feb 13

Keene, TX

#28 Feb 10, 2013
I think if ppl put their phones down and paid attention to the act of driving we wouldn't be having this conversation..... and btw if you need to read what someone's tail light activity is doing from five hundred feet u really need to slow down...... well there's my two cents let the chastising begin!
steve

Fayetteville, AR

#29 Nov 10, 2013
Ark Trooper wrote:
Hey sir, I have a question. If my tail lights are tinted, BUT the light shines visibly from 500 ft AND I get reflective material to put on the bottom of the tail lights, is it still legal?
GTFOHWTBS

United States

#30 Nov 11, 2013
Why would anyone with comon sense want to alter your tail lights to make them harder to see? What happens in heavy rain or snow? Maybe after you get rear ended and sent to the hospital you will quit trying to pimp your tail lights. MORONS!
phillip

Orlando, FL

#31 Apr 7, 2014
Tinting taillights is about as stupid an idea as it gets. Puerto Ricans Mexicans, and blacks around here do it even though it's dangerous and illegal.

San Antonio, TX

#32 Aug 8, 2014
So some looser actually gets commended for writing reveue tickets? What a tool judge and trooper. Way to make that quota.
collinsx11

United States

#33 Sep 1, 2014
Ark Trooper wrote:
it is against the law if the taillights are not CLEARLY visible for 500 ft and reflect light fom the reflector portion when parked and lights off- think about that. Almost two football fields and that taillight lamp has to be Clearly visible.......NVT paint even says "off road use only".....I write tickets for them all the time- someone hits you in the rear- some courts are saying "not their fault- you had defective lights- just asking you to think about what you're losing for "smoked lenses"
If the taillight cover says SAT/DOT are they legal?
Outlaw

United States

#34 Oct 27, 2015
Johnny Law wrote:
<quoted text>
No they are not illegal. Get that through your misshapen ass head! RR RR you st stupid or something!
Well, Cabot has never been known to have an honest or intelligent cop. That's why there are Attorneys to set them straight. Enough complaints against a cop gets his ignorant, uneducated ass demoted or removed from his little job. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cabot Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
white plantation home back side of beebe (Nov '12) 8 hr jess67 31
Poker 22 hr Hearing 4
News Knight's Grocery is Sold to Edwards Food Giant Sun Happy 21
I thought there were no blacks in Cabot (Jan '16) Jan 15 Real N|G 18
chad simms?? (Jul '16) Jan 15 Friend 5
pulled over for license plate lighting (Apr '12) Jan 14 kim 80
Crown Metal Buildings (Oct '11) Jan 14 Dan Stiverson 28

Cabot Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance