Charleston, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2009

Judged:

I rarely shop at Knight's grocery, but it seems to me the 3 or 4 times I have been in the past year some of the employees have been terribly rude. Usually, I never have problems with the cashiers. It is usually the people on the floor acting like they don't see you, and those at the service desk who find it a tragedy that I need to get a money order, and are so interrupted by my request. What is the deal? Kroger is the best, I think. I have never felt as being an inconvience to the employees. Seriously...what gives with Knight's????
Matt

Crossett, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2009

Judged:

There is never any excuse for poor customer service.
I can tell you from working at Knights, at one point of my life, if the managers knew about it someone would be fired.

The money orders are a pain in the butt. Those people behind the counters are always slammed busy with work, and when someone asks for a money order it hinders them from completing their already stressful job.

I am not saying that is an excuse, because as I said there is no excuse for poor customer service, but I am saying that people are only human and make mistakes – just like I’m sure you have gotten upset and stressed over something in your life before too. So try not to be too judgmental over them.

The stockers (the people on the floor) are usually pretty busy, and are probably not “trying” to ignore you, but have something on their mind or something they are doing. Next time you feel you are being ignored and need help, try saying,“excuse me sir/mam, can you help me with something,” and not brood about it. If they ignore you, report them to a manager and I promise you it will be dealt with.

Regards
whatever

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2009

Judged:

really matt? because like yourself, I too have worked in the grocery business. and if they are working in the customer service booth, then selling money orders is also part of their job. if they don't like it, then they need to do something else. i understand what mad is saying, most of the "stockers" at the cabot store, are kids and they are too busy talking to worry with customers. of if you ask them where something is, they don't know and send you to someone else.
whatever

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2009

don't know why that shows jackson, ms...but i am in cabot,ar
justwonderin

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2009

Can't wait to see what TodMeuir has to say about this post.
Matt

Crossett, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2009

Judged:

To Whatever:

Really...

You may have worked in grocery stores before, but have you worked in Knights?

I would bet not or you would understand what I'm talking about and what all they are doing behind that desk.

As I said, there is really no excuse, but they are usually stressed out with all they are doing.

Some jobs are more stressfull than others are.

You called them "kids" working there, so you as an "adult" should understand that kids aren't as mature as us... usually, and so therefore handle things a little differently than adults do.

If they don't know where something is then they don't know...

I can ask you to give me an accurate description of of how square roots work, but I bet you wouldn't be able to do that, but if you knew someone who did know, wouldn't you tell me to ask them?

Same thing with the stockers... they could just say I don't know and walk off, but if they point you in the right direction then they have helped out some then huh?

Or, ANYONE could just read the gigantic signs hanging above each isle that gives a good description of what is in that isle -- and try to help theirselves before trying to get someone else to help them...

But that's just my thought.

And as for you saying they are too busy talking to worry about the customers... common' that is clearly bias.

I have been every knights store, and I admit... sometimes there are young adults talking, probably trying to enjoy theirselves at work -- more than some people do who just go postal and get bitter -- but then again, I have seen many employees that are hard working and are always more than helpful.

I have seen Knights employees go out of their way to help people -- even if they had to break away from their conversations to do it.
mad

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2009

Judged:

Matt wrote:
There is never any excuse for poor customer service.
I can tell you from working at Knights, at one point of my life, if the managers knew about it someone would be fired.
The money orders are a pain in the butt. Those people behind the counters are always slammed busy with work, and when someone asks for a money order it hinders them from completing their already stressful job.
I am not saying that is an excuse, because as I said there is no excuse for poor customer service, but I am saying that people are only human and make mistakes – just like I’m sure you have gotten upset and stressed over something in your life before too. So try not to be too judgmental over them.
The stockers (the people on the floor) are usually pretty busy, and are probably not “trying” to ignore you, but have something on their mind or something they are doing. Next time you feel you are being ignored and need help, try saying,“excuse me sir/mam, can you help me with something,” and not brood about it. If they ignore you, report them to a manager and I promise you it will be dealt with.
Regards
I understand completely, but it wasn't just the one instance that it has happened. Still, I am never rude to them after being treated that way. I have never been that kind of person because I believe that stuff comes around to bite you later. I do, however, appreciate your information, and I apologize if I made it sound as though all of Knight's employee's act in such a way.
Matt

Crossett, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Judged:

Hey Mad,

I commend you for not being rude to them, and I am sorry if I came across as being rude, or upset at you -- I was not. Just trying to communicate how different jobs effect people differently.

Regards,

Matt

Beebe, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2009

Judged:

One of Knight's problems is MANAGER! Frank Kinder
If they can't see that, then they need him!
boyup

Winnfield, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2009

Judged:

Guest wrote:
One of Knight's problems is MANAGER! Frank Kinder
If they can't see that, then they need him!
what dose he have to do with the cabot store? he is at store in Beebe
Matt

Crossett, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2009

Boyup, that is exactly what I was thinking earlier, LOL
Guest from Austin

Beebe, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2009

Judged:

He works for the Knight boys! It's all the same!
Cabot Knight's manager Wilkins is about 1000 times better than Kinder, but Knights won't let him striaghten up Beebe.
They are the only game in town right now, but land has been bought for another Grocery Chain store

Since: Sep 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2009

Judged:

mad wrote:
I rarely shop at Knight's grocery, but it seems to me the 3 or 4 times I have been in the past year some of the employees have been terribly rude. Usually, I never have problems with the cashiers. It is usually the people on the floor acting like they don't see you, and those at the service desk who find it a tragedy that I need to get a money order, and are so interrupted by my request. What is the deal? Kroger is the best, I think. I have never felt as being an inconvience to the employees. Seriously...what gives with Knight's????
Well I do shop knight regularly but only because it is more convient than anything. The service there is just as you say the cashiers are not friendly and usually talking amongst each other and customer service well thats a joke usually 4 or so other young kids hanging out there as well. Then you go outside and the parking lot is disqusting and another 4 or 5 hanging out there smoking. I think someone has no control over the store and is just letting it operate by all the kids. So recently I have shopped Kroger more.
and

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2009

Judged:

I've never had anyone be rude but there has been multiple times when I've gone in the "Fast Lane" of the 10 items or less line and spent more time there than people with carts full of groceries because the cashiers were busy talking... I have no problem with them talking to the customers but at least have the decency to continue checking out the others while talking. Especially considering her conversation with the customer was over if the school was still going to serve chicken nuggets since the middle schoolers were no longer there!
Broken edges

Livingston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

Judged:

I have been to knight several times in the past since I have moved here. I ,myself find the cashiers air heads. 99% of them don't know if it is raining or sunshining. Children or not, they are working in a adult world. When you are employed and work in an adult world you act like a adult. There is no excuse other wise. The very LAST time I was in knights they put a buy 3 and get one free coke ad in their paper and when I got to the cashier they refused to accept it. The silly ol gal and the customer box told them to refuse it as well. I called the manager and God forbidd one would answer the phone.They seemed to be out of the store for one reason or the other. Bull butter if you ask me. I will never go back. I will brave Wal-mart before I go back to knights. Butt-kiss Matt can go fly a kite because there is NO excuse for that kind of behavior. NONE!
AKA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2009

Judged:

Broken edges wrote:
I have been to knight several times in the past since I have moved here. I ,myself find the cashiers air heads. 99% of them don't know if it is raining or sunshining. Children or not, they are working in a adult world. When you are employed and work in an adult world you act like a adult. There is no excuse other wise. The very LAST time I was in knights they put a buy 3 and get one free coke ad in their paper and when I got to the cashier they refused to accept it. The silly ol gal and the customer box told them to refuse it as well. I called the manager and God forbidd one would answer the phone.They seemed to be out of the store for one reason or the other. Bull butter if you ask me. I will never go back. I will brave Wal-mart before I go back to knights. Butt-kiss Matt can go fly a kite because there is NO excuse for that kind of behavior. NONE!
i tell you go to wal mart because your kids and there kids will see the effects of that. to many people are going to walmart and there are steading growing and when they put the small man out of bussiness then you pay the price they what you to play or do with out. they are a ready pricing they merchandise according to the area instead of running the same across the board.don't get me wrong that only bussiness and thats there right but the more and more people leave the knights and krogers and havest foods and food giants and other small chains they will all die out slow. and now walmart is the king and you pay forty percent on milk instead of thirty or seventy for produce instead of fifty percent and fifty instead of twenty and thrity for grocery items and some are giving away at cost just to try to keep your bussiness. and walmart folks are just a rude as any one else's they are human and if managment don't know the problem then they can not fix it.
Vin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

Judged:

Hey what about the men's restroom??! WHat's THAT all about?! They have an actual urinal stall disscussion forum being written on the divider!! I know it has to be some employees. Oh - and whoever attached the soap dispenser to the divider with 3 longer small bolts that are longer and stick out the other side , so they simply banged them over with a hammer? Way to go pal! WHy don't you just complete the job and remove the toilet so i have to squat over a hole! JEEEZ!! LoL!
Broken edges

Livingston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

Judged:

AKA, your post looks as though it was wrote by a three year old, but I have tried to make head and tails from it. True, companies like Walmart does wipe out the smaller mom and pop stores like Knights.But it is like this,although knights have the better meats than Walmart I still rather get a lower quality meat than have to battle with children and children like minds. You ask anyone anything at Knights and they couldn't tell you from oranges to Mayo. "To busy" another poster said, I myself am surprized they get anything does running around the store playing and chasing the girls and the female cashiers can't keep a eye on their machines without watching and playing with the boys. The big companies are allowed to take over for a reason. The prices are cheaper and they don't hire high school children and then allow them to run all over the store like a play ground. If the small stores go out of busines it is because they couldn't keep up or demand has went some where else for one reason or another. My reason why I don't go to knight is the later,the management can't control the children that work there. If they hire some adults and I mean adults as in someone over 18.
Knights might be a mom and pop store but the prices of their meats they can't still hold strong against Walmart. Don't fix the kid problem and they will lose their rumps because people are getting tired of it. Plain and Simple. If you don't believe me stand back and watch Knights fall. And it want because of being priced out by Walmart either.
Broken edges

Livingston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

Vin, the reason for the writting all over the bathroom walls is the kids that work out there hide out in there when they should be working. Children tend to mark on walls when they have something to mark with.
akay

Cabot, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2009

Judged:

your the one that should like a three year old.
you must not no much about bussiness.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of247
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cabot Discussions

Search the Cabot Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
mark brooks ward probation officer 3 hr kristopher knight 34
AR Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 4 hr ronniebangedup fat Karla 28,699
What's new? 6 hr brad 6
Cabot Drug Task Force Fri kristopher knight 7
Cabot Public Schools Please read if your child ... Fri not teaching anymore 18
Kris Knight Fri kristopher knight 5
cabot police Thu Cranky 27
•••
•••