First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Goldie

Des Moines, IA

#1 Feb 9, 2009
I am looking for an old friend of mine originally from Cabool, Missouri. Does anyone know Mike?
student

Columbia, MO

#2 Feb 9, 2009
Yes I do.His mom works at the middle school
Goldie

Mabank, TX

#3 Feb 9, 2009
can you get an email address for him?
Goldie

Mabank, TX

#4 Feb 16, 2009
Anyone?
cabool resident

United States

#5 Feb 17, 2009
Check the local PD. He's in the paper nearly every week for DWI. He's the town drunk and druggie unfortunately...and a nut case! Yes he still lives with his mommy, when he's not in the pokey.
cant

Columbia, MO

#6 Feb 17, 2009
I know him but I cant get any info on him.He is a sex offender in cabool so there is probably a web site you can go to
Goldie

Mabank, TX

#7 Feb 17, 2009
Oh my! I truly had no idea.
Thanks for letting me know.
u dumba--

Sparta, MO

#8 Mar 1, 2009
mike was a drunk alright but i know for a fact he never used drugs thats how rumors get started. one day you or your children will experiance what everyonre else does and you will see we are all the same some just stick there nose in the air and believe they are better than others.The sad thing for you is when its judgement day God will pick mike over youl, we are not to judge, and you need to hit the knees and pray for your ways to change . nothing makes one better than the other, except one thinking they are, that make them worse, search you family history or look at your kids or grand kids is there a chance of what you say mike is, yes, hell i bet you got a closet full yourself, cabool resident above
more info for you

Ozark, MO

#9 Mar 21, 2009
Never used drugs??? Are you talking Mike McClain? Hell yes he uses drugs.
Not only is he a sex offender but he is classified as a child molester! I'm worried about his son's baby girl that is due any day. I hope they keep her away from him unless he is supervised.
if-only-you-knew

Columbia, MO

#10 Apr 2, 2009
my aunt used to date him before she knew he was a sex offendor and she left her boys with him alone without anyone else there.
director

Springfield, MO

#11 Apr 6, 2009
who is your aunt?
Sophisticated Caboolian

Branson, MO

#12 Apr 25, 2009
Mike McMlain may be an alcoholic, but he isn't a druggie. I have hardly seen his name in the paper. He doesn't do drugs to my knowledge and yes, he does live with his mom. The child molestation charge is a bunch of crap. His ex-wife brought that against him and the court ruled in her favor. That right there is what ruined his life and makes it hard for him to go on with life. How would you like being labeled something? When everyone looks at you because you have something written across your forehead you go through life as best as you can. Don't judge people and get the facts first. You can go ask him, it would be better to do that then assume.
Pamelita

Wentzville, MO

#13 Jul 25, 2009
Sophisticated Caboolian wrote:
Mike McMlain may be an alcoholic, but he isn't a druggie. I have hardly seen his name in the paper. He doesn't do drugs to my knowledge and yes, he does live with his mom. The child molestation charge is a bunch of crap. His ex-wife brought that against him and the court ruled in her favor. That right there is what ruined his life and makes it hard for him to go on with life. How would you like being labeled something? When everyone looks at you because you have something written across your forehead you go through life as best as you can. Don't judge people and get the facts first. You can go ask him, it would be better to do that then assume.
This is the truth about Mike. My brother used to be good friends with him. So, yes you need to get your facts straight before you start rumors about others.
MtGroveMommy

United States

#14 Aug 24, 2009
I personally know Mike VERY well, and I have for years! I knew him before and during the whole "sex offender" charge deal. It might do your minds well to know that years ago, his wife has even since admitted that she made it up, during the custody battle, and she has apologized, and allowed him to resume a relationship with the children that she stole from him... and that was the happiest day of his life. He had missed them soooo much. He maintains that relationship with them to this day. I think its fantastic. However, he is still a "child molestor" in everyones opinion. Well, he dont need your opinion, or did he ever ask for it. Everyone just loves to kick him while he is down. And yeah, with all that crap going on back then, and everything in his life falling apart, he sought comfort in a bottle, and now he's a bit wedged in there. I know he has made several efforts at getting sober, and I fully support him in that! As for drug use.. you all are crazy.. and I havent known his name to be in the paper for any reason. The man just wants to be left alone, to live his life in peace, without people like you all always being in his business. I love Mike!! Hes one of the nicest people you will ever meet. His entire family is great! Please dont judge people, and if you dont know the truth, please stop kicking him for rumors of something that didnt even really happen... and not to mention, YEARS ago!!
Mike, if you're reading this.. you know who I am...just remember.. "Dont be wreckless with other peoples hearts, and dont put up with people who are wreckless with yours!"
To the rest of you, that wont make sense!!
MtGroveMommy

United States

#15 Aug 24, 2009
Goldie wrote:
Oh my! I truly had no idea.
Thanks for letting me know.
See my comment below for the truth.. and I can get you that info.. but Im not posting it on here.. so figure out a way for me to contact you outside this forum, and I'll see about getting it to ya, if he says I can.
update

Columbia, MO

#16 Aug 25, 2009
MtGroveMommy wrote:
I personally know Mike VERY well, and I have for years! I knew him before and during the whole "sex offender" charge deal. It might do your minds well to know that years ago, his wife has even since admitted that she made it up, during the custody battle, and she has apologized, and allowed him to resume a relationship with the children that she stole from him... However, he is still a "child molestor" in everyones opinion.... W
Read the following which I copied from casenet. In case number: 31300CF10275 the following occurred:
DEFT (Mike Mclain) ENTERS AN ALFORD PLEA TO THE CLASS A MISDEMEANOR OF SEXUAL MISCONDUCT IN THE 1ST DEGREE. COURT FINDS DEFT GUILTY OF THE CLASS A MISDEMEANOR. JUDGMENT AND ORDER OF PROBATION ENTERED AND FILED. CRH/HRJ

Whether or not his ex made up the story he PLEAD GUILTY to an Alford Plea. That makes him guilty!
MtGroveMommy

United States

#17 Aug 25, 2009
update wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the following which I copied from casenet. In case number: 31300CF10275 the following occurred:
DEFT (Mike Mclain) ENTERS AN ALFORD PLEA TO THE CLASS A MISDEMEANOR OF SEXUAL MISCONDUCT IN THE 1ST DEGREE. COURT FINDS DEFT GUILTY OF THE CLASS A MISDEMEANOR. JUDGMENT AND ORDER OF PROBATION ENTERED AND FILED. CRH/HRJ
Whether or not his ex made up the story he PLEAD GUILTY to an Alford Plea. That makes him guilty!
And here is some information that you might be interested in reading.... since you think you know so much...

Definitions of Alford plea on the Web:

In the law of the United States, an Alford plea is a plea in criminal court in which the defendant does not admit the act and asserts innocence ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alford_plea

a guilty plea entered into by a defendant in which he or she admits that the Commonwealth has enough evidence for a conviction, but doesn´t admit ...
www.hampton.gov/oca/glossary.html

He did NOT plead guilty... and of course they had enough evidence, she had set all that up. What choice did he have? He never "ADMITTED" to anything.. This was the best way to go, cause he was innocent. He wouldnt have won his case either way... so.. THERE!!
wondering

Branson, MO

#19 Aug 25, 2009
So why doesn't she retract all that, clear his name and get rid of that Albatross for him? Wouldn't that be something she could do? I am all for someone getting that taken away if it is not true. If she is so sorry, she would be doing everything she could to get that horrible conviction off of him. He has to go in every single year, have his picture taken, and be looked at on the internet as a child molester. If he is truly innocent, something would be done, unless you can explain why this hasn't happened.
wow

Springfield, MO

#20 Aug 26, 2009
The truth is .... he is on the list , and he is a drunk... would you ever let your child with a man that is on the offenders list or that is a drunk...hmmmmm I think not.well some mothers do , but I wouldn't.Dont tell me if he was not guilty he would not have a fight in him. His mommy would have put a stop to that.
update

Columbia, MO

#21 Aug 26, 2009
wow wrote:
The truth is .... he is on the list , and he is a drunk... would you ever let your child with a man that is on the offenders list or that is a drunk...hmmmmm I think not.well some mothers do , but I wouldn't.Dont tell me if he was not guilty he would not have a fight in him. His mommy would have put a stop to that.
Shameless, Wondering, and WOW,
Thank you. You have made my points for me.
Momof2,
I know very well what an ALford Plea is and if I were not guilty, I would fight it to the end! How about you?
Reva would have done everything in her power to keep the guilty conviction off his record if he was not guilty. That in itself says a lot.
Mike is a drunk and has issues but he has brought those on himself. Are you going to leave your minor child alone in his care??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cabool Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Accident that happened 8/15/2014 (Aug '14) Mon Bre 10
Panthers Mon Duh 4
Brad McKee (Sep '11) Mon dromay 46
Michael Collins (Oct '10) Sun little bitty 19
Danny Parmenter Sep 25 martin 60
Trailer park by mom and pops restaurant Sep 25 guest 5
children's place daycare Sep 25 Curious 8

Cabool Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cabool Mortgages