Rowling to Testify in Lexicon Lawsuit

Rowling to Testify in Lexicon Lawsuit

There are 7 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Apr 14, 2008, titled Rowling to Testify in Lexicon Lawsuit. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

A lawyer for J.K. Rowling said Monday a U.S. publisher wants to scoop the author's plans to publish her own " Harry Potter " encyclopedia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Stormie from Texas

Chatham, NJ

#1 Apr 16, 2008
I knew that J.K. Rowling didn't care for her fans. She made a comment in one of her first interviews that she didn't care for them (in so many words). She could care less, if you lived or die. She just wants your money. That is ALL that she cares about. J.K. Rowling is so wrapped up in Lucifer; she stinks of Lucifer. As you can tell, I really don't care for that thing called, J.K. Rowling. You see what she does to a fan. She sues him for his money. I keep telling people that is ALL she cares about. If she can't get you to willingly to spend your money on her (a.k.a. her books and the movies made from them), she will sue you for your money. I know I'm going to get a lot of flak from this, but her "J.K. Rowling's" actions are speaking louder than my words. She is SUEING her own fan for money. Just read the article,'Harry Potter' fan testifies in trail and weeps" and see if I'm not right about her.
Steve

United States

#2 Apr 16, 2008
You would think with her wealth, after being a poor mother, that she would be happy, but what seems to happen, time after time, is that when someone gets really rich, Greed takes over. See Microsoft, Oprah, Martha Stewart, and others who are full of greed.

United States

#3 Apr 16, 2008
Stormie from Texas wrote:
I knew that J.K. Rowling didn't care for her fans. She made a comment in one of her first interviews that she didn't care for them (in so many words). She could care less, if you lived or die. She just wants your money. That is ALL that she cares about. J.K. Rowling is so wrapped up in Lucifer; she stinks of Lucifer. As you can tell, I really don't care for that thing called, J.K. Rowling. You see what she does to a fan. She sues him for his money. I keep telling people that is ALL she cares about. If she can't get you to willingly to spend your money on her (a.k.a. her books and the movies made from them), she will sue you for your money. I know I'm going to get a lot of flak from this, but her "J.K. Rowling's" actions are speaking louder than my words. She is SUEING her own fan for money. Just read the article,'Harry Potter' fan testifies in trail and weeps" and see if I'm not right about her.
Grow the hell up and reazlied that just because likes of JK become famuse dosen't mean that fans can do what ever the hell they want with their work!
JK would not have to sue this 'fan' had not overstep his bond and voileted copyrights laws! Fans need to learn to grow up and know when not to overstep their bonders!
Lisa

Winter Park, FL

#4 Apr 17, 2008
This is just some sort of dictionary or encyclopedi of Potter words and meanings ... if she had no objection to the website what is wrong with a book? I think she is upset because she is planning to wring one herself.
Lisa
Lisa

Winter Park, FL

#5 Apr 17, 2008
Sorry typo I mean write one herself lol.

Lisa

United States

#6 Apr 17, 2008
Lisa wrote:
This is just some sort of dictionary or encyclopedi of Potter words and meanings ... if she had no objection to the website what is wrong with a book? I think she is upset because she is planning to wring one herself.
Lisa
Because the website has her own material that she let him have on the site advaible for free. He dose not have the right to sell it!

If anyone envoled with origami might get this: let's say Dr.Lang might aloud you to post one of his diagrame or post a video of how to make one his diagrame dose not mean you have the right to take daigrame/video and sell it.
whatever

Orlando, FL

#7 Apr 17, 2008
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the website has her own material that she let him have on the site advaible for free. He dose not have the right to sell it!
If anyone envoled with origami might get this: let's say Dr.Lang might aloud you to post one of his diagrame or post a video of how to make one his diagrame dose not mean you have the right to take daigrame/video and sell it.
Huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Byron Center Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should smoking be allowed again in Michigan bar... Apr 28 RushFan666 31
Farmers Disposal in Dorr MI legitimate company? (Nov '11) Mar '16 Owner Farmers Dis... 47
News MLK Commemoration Week ends with service Jan '16 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 5
jason lueer (Nov '07) Oct '14 the kids 9
News Great Lakes Water Levels/Ice Update and News (May '14) May '14 Sneaky Pete 2
News Fatal accident on 44th Street in Grandville (Nov '07) Mar '14 Jennifer 21
Review: East West Manual Therapy & SPA (Oct '13) Oct '13 joe schmo 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Byron Center Mortgages