Internet predator sting nabs men in GR

There are 514 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Oct 19, 2008, titled Internet predator sting nabs men in GR. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

A 20-year-old from Cedar Springs. A 65-year-old retiree from Elkhart, Indiana. A 54-year-old contractor from Portland, Indiana.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 26
Next Last
really

Auburn Hills, MI

#539 Nov 3, 2008
Is he related to lucy in rockford?
search the facts

Southgate, MI

#540 Nov 6, 2008
Most of these comments show the intellect of society--following fear instead of facts.
Fact is upward and over 90% of child abuse wheter sexual, physical or emotional is committed by a person the child knows or trusts. So all you people here commenting on pure ignorance and following Mike Cox and Perverted Justice's spin on facts shows your lack of fact finding and following perpertrated fear!!!! So while you all listen to the AG and PJ and ignore the possibility your child is being groomed by a trusted friend, neighbor or someone else...don't cry wolf!!!
search the facts

Southgate, MI

#541 Nov 6, 2008
Sad part is many of you will vote for Mike Cox when he runs for govenor in MI. All the while believing he did something great to protect children during these sting operations...while a child sat at home or was afraid to go to school, church, friends home because someone they know is abusing them. Sad, sad, sad!!!!!!
bama

Fultondale, AL

#542 Nov 6, 2008
search the facts wrote:
Most of these comments show the intellect of society--following fear instead of facts.
Fact is upward and over 90% of child abuse wheter sexual, physical or emotional is committed by a person the child knows or trusts. So all you people here commenting on pure ignorance and following Mike Cox and Perverted Justice's spin on facts shows your lack of fact finding and following perpertrated fear!!!! So while you all listen to the AG and PJ and ignore the possibility your child is being groomed by a trusted friend, neighbor or someone else...don't cry wolf!!!
Most murders are committed by someone the victim knew. Should the police stop going after the murders committed by someone the victim did not know?
search the facts

Southgate, MI

#543 Nov 6, 2008
bama wrote:
<quoted text>
Most murders are committed by someone the victim knew. Should the police stop going after the murders committed by someone the victim did not know?
I love how people take things out of context...that is all your comment is worth.
bama

Fultondale, AL

#544 Nov 6, 2008
No it's exactly what you said. You said most people that are molested "by a person the child knows or trusts". So should everyone ignore those that are molested by strangers they meet on the internet? That's what these perverts did.

“WINGS....ROCK The Ice YEAH!”

Since: Mar 08

Allendale, MI

#545 Nov 7, 2008
Hmmmmmm read the other day that these offenders might just get a 1 yr in prision and forgo the other if they claim quilty for one charge.......
search the facts

Southgate, MI

#546 Nov 8, 2008
bama wrote:
No it's exactly what you said. You said most people that are molested "by a person the child knows or trusts". So should everyone ignore those that are molested by strangers they meet on the internet? That's what these perverts did.
Unless you know the TRUE facts of these cases and not what the AG and PJ are reporting don't make assumptions of what happened/happens on the Internet.

Do a little research on the topic of Internet predators before you believe perpretated fear. A good place to start would be a PBS special titled Growing up Online.

You took things out of context as in what crimes should and should not be investigated because a person may or may not have know the perpretrator.

I stated the public is acting on fear based on information provided by the media, AG and PJ and not researching facts. Is the Internet used by predators, absolutely--predators from all walks not just those who would prey on children.

It is wise for parents to know the facts before they act on fear thereby ignoring the greater possibilty their child is being groomed by a trusted family member or individual. Parents need to be parents first and foremost and that means digging for the truth no matter the cost of finding it.

You and I cannot assume what is being reported as truth because there are two sides to every story, investigation or event. This is what the court system is designated for and most people here has made every person arrested guilty based on what is being reported. I suppose just about every person here would want a person with the same attitude they have as their juror...making assumptions and judgments before knowing the facts.

Like it or not each American citizen is covered under the Constitution of the United States!!!!!!!
bama

Fultondale, AL

#547 Nov 8, 2008
search the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Like it or not each American citizen is covered under the Constitution of the United States!!!!!!!
But since I don't live in Michigan, I don't worry about about violating whatever law you can come up with about "innocent until proven guilty". That's for a jury to decide. Could you provide me with a link showing that says people in Michigan are violating the law if they determine a person's guilt before trial? No, you can't, because it's not illegal.

The Constitution of the U.S. also provides freedom of speech laws that allow me to say these men are scum and are guilty. I hope they burn in hell. Tell the Michigan police and see if I've violated any laws.
search the facts

Southgate, MI

#548 Nov 8, 2008
bama wrote:
<quoted text>
But since I don't live in Michigan, I don't worry about about violating whatever law you can come up with about "innocent until proven guilty". That's for a jury to decide. Could you provide me with a link showing that says people in Michigan are violating the law if they determine a person's guilt before trial? No, you can't, because it's not illegal.
The Constitution of the U.S. also provides freedom of speech laws that allow me to say these men are scum and are guilty. I hope they burn in hell. Tell the Michigan police and see if I've violated any laws.
Yep...you definitely need a course in American Government, Criminal Justice and the Constitution--sad but true! The Constitution has more than the First Amendment and if you care enough to read it and understand its significance you may become knowledgable.

Since you do not live in MI don't worry about MI laws. Sorry to inform you I did not come up with or even imply there is some MI law of "innocent until proven guilty." Thanks for trying to deflect your arguments/stance and again lack of knowledge.

BTW do your own research on violations of MI laws.

I hope you don't ever have to stand before a jury of your peers and one of them inconspiciously lies that they could be IMPARTIAL when hearing your case and render a verdict based on facts and not emotions. Oh hell, I hope you do get that fate.
search the facts

Southgate, MI

#549 Nov 8, 2008
DRCARP wrote:
<quoted text>You are also to be commended on your infidelity to your wife. I wonder if your marriage would have made up one of the statistics that compose the 50% of marriages that fail within 5 years if you were poor?
Let's not forget adultery is a felony in the state of MI. Act 328 of 1931
bama

Fultondale, AL

#550 Nov 8, 2008
search the facts wrote:
<quoted text>

I hope you don't ever have to stand before a jury of your peers and one of them inconspiciously lies that they could be IMPARTIAL when hearing your case and render a verdict based on facts and not emotions. Oh hell, I hope you do get that fate.
I don't break the law, so I don't have to worry about that. And I damn sure don't have to use the internet to get laid, like these perverts.
search the facts

Southgate, MI

#551 Nov 8, 2008
bama wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't break the law, so I don't have to worry about that. And I damn sure don't have to use the internet to get laid, like these perverts.
Are YOU sure you don't break the law? Because I'm sure you are so knowledgable of every law on the books.

Who care who, what, where or how you get laid but then again you do like to use deflection.
ObamaSleepsWithB oys

Chattanooga, TN

#552 Nov 25, 2008
You're telling me YOU personally know for a fact that these men went online for the sole purpose of getting a young girl in bed? You can't possibly begin to know that for a fact. Intent is the most important factor here. With a good lawyer, and an impartial jury not one of these men would be convicted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 26
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Byron Center Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Farmers Disposal in Dorr MI legitimate company? (Nov '11) May 19 Ken Evans 44
las vegas cabana reservations May 14 shawndymond 2
News Shop owner will deny - openly gay' customers May 11 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 85
justice for little billy Apr '15 someonecares- 1
jason lueer (Nov '07) Oct '14 the kids 9
News Great Lakes Water Levels/Ice Update and News (May '14) May '14 Sneaky Pete 2
News Fatal accident on 44th Street in Grandville (Nov '07) Mar '14 Jennifer 21
More from around the web

Byron Center People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]