Internet predator sting nabs men in GR

Internet predator sting nabs men in GR

There are 514 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Oct 19, 2008, titled Internet predator sting nabs men in GR. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

A 20-year-old from Cedar Springs. A 65-year-old retiree from Elkhart, Indiana. A 54-year-old contractor from Portland, Indiana.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 26
Next Last

Since: Sep 08

United States

#1 Oct 19, 2008
That is so sick...I'm glad that these scum bags were caught, but how many more are still out there? Thats a sickening thought!

“WINGS....ROCK The Ice YEAH!”

Since: Mar 08

Big Rapids, MI

#2 Oct 19, 2008
Most of the suspect had already broken the law by taking part in sexually suggestive chats with decoys on the Internet.
Thank You for being involved to arrest these ppl....
Wendy

Greenville, MI

#3 Oct 19, 2008
I must agree I find men like this extremely disturbing. However, what really irks me is the female teachers who have sex with their students, and spend barely any time in prison...it's a double standard and it's absolutely ludicrous! There are SO many girls out there these days who look MUCH older than they are, they lie about their ages, and then these men end up in prison because of the lies these girls tell. I understand these men thought the girl was 13 years old, so of course it's breaking the law, but girls who lie about their age to make themselves older and the guy gets in trouble for it, those girls should be sentenced too! That's just how I feel on the whole thing...
Slim

Vulcan, MI

#4 Oct 19, 2008
Awesome work done, I would love to see more of these sort of things happening, clean up the streets, amen to the police!
Chris

AOL

#5 Oct 19, 2008
This story made my heart skip a beat. I live here in Coldwater, MI but three of my kids live in Indiana with their mother...just ten miles from Portland, IN where one of the people that was caught is from. I know there are some seriously sick people and it goes to show that even if you think your kids are somewhat safer in a small rural community that you still always have to be aware of what's going on. Thank you for this story and I will pass it on to my ex-wife as it probably hasn't even reached there yet.
suziski

Las Vegas, NV

#6 Oct 19, 2008
They need to do this as a permanent sting operation 24/7 to really scare and reduce this this sexual crime. A one time sting just puts a little scare out and it really won't stop others wanting to take the risk because the odds of getting caught are slim.
Mike

Rockford, MI

#7 Oct 19, 2008
Wendy wrote:
I must agree I find men like this extremely disturbing. However, what really irks me is the female teachers who have sex with their students, and spend barely any time in prison...it's a double standard and it's absolutely ludicrous! There are SO many girls out there these days who look MUCH older than they are, they lie about their ages, and then these men end up in prison because of the lies these girls tell. I understand these men thought the girl was 13 years old, so of course it's breaking the law, but girls who lie about their age to make themselves older and the guy gets in trouble for it, those girls should be sentenced too! That's just how I feel on the whole thing...
Few... if any actually end up in prison for this kind of case. This is totally unrelated to the actual news report.
Matt

Grand Rapids, MI

#8 Oct 19, 2008
Thanks to the people involved for protecting our children.
Kristin

Holland, MI

#9 Oct 19, 2008
I agree with the posts above. Also I would like to give thanks to Michigan Attorney General's Office and Kent County Sheriff's Department. Please continue doing this along with all other counties. As a parent I thank you again for a job well done! Please continue this!
Bizzles

Grand Rapids, MI

#10 Oct 19, 2008
Glad to see these scumbags got arrested!

DobbyDo

Grand Rapids, MI

#11 Oct 19, 2008
Nice job! Although Mr. I Cheat on My Wife needs to keep his mug off TV, let's talk to the cops doing the work.
Adrian

Allegan, MI

#12 Oct 19, 2008
Thank God there taking the following actions against these perverts.I have a 14 year old daughter and i have to constantly keep my eye on what she does online for her safety.Due to all the predators that are out there. All i can say is Thank You Attorney Generals Office keep up the great work.
Mr Wesley A Smith

Denver, CO

#13 Oct 19, 2008
Mike Cox is doing A good job with the stings....I feel that if men show up to have sex with a child, they should be shown on tv for what they are.....This is what We pay Mike Cox to do and it makes me glad that i voted for him.
Rick

Zeeland, MI

#15 Oct 19, 2008
Just like setting a mouse trap isn't it? take the bait and your done! Good job
ObamaMama

Grand Haven, MI

#16 Oct 19, 2008
I can't wait to see GR on To Catch a Predator! Do we think it will be on TV though? They didn't mention it.
Ethan

Bountiful, UT

#17 Oct 19, 2008
thank God something is being done, there are way to many sick people out there. It nice to see something is being done to get these people off the streets. They need to be locked up and the key thrown away!! I am sure there families will be real proud of them.

DobbyDo

Grand Rapids, MI

#19 Oct 19, 2008
Adrian wrote:
Thank God there taking the following actions against these perverts.I have a 14 year old daughter and i have to constantly keep my eye on what she does online for her safety.Due to all the predators that are out there. All i can say is Thank You Attorney Generals Office keep up the great work.
Mike Cox is angling for the Govenor's office and has his face on everything. Let the cops doing the work get the credit, they did all the work.
J Lee Kenser

Bangor, MI

#20 Oct 19, 2008
They will plead them out let them go and they will be back in next week.
my two cents

Greenville, MI

#21 Oct 19, 2008
ObamaMama wrote:
I can't wait to see GR on To Catch a Predator! Do we think it will be on TV though? They didn't mention it.
I think Dateline stopped doing that after that guy commited suicide and his family sued NBC.

DobbyDo

Grand Rapids, MI

#23 Oct 20, 2008
my two cents wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Dateline stopped doing that after that guy commited suicide and his family sued NBC.
It is too bad they made that choice, the more it gets on TV maybe it convinces a few sickos not to get into the game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 26
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Byron Center Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ryder Oct '16 Ryder 1
car stolen please help! Oct '16 Taurussho 1
jason lueer (Nov '07) Oct '14 the kids 9
News Great Lakes Water Levels/Ice Update and News (May '14) May '14 Sneaky Pete 2
News Fatal accident on 44th Street in Grandville (Nov '07) Mar '14 Jennifer 21
Review: East West Manual Therapy & SPA (Oct '13) Oct '13 joe schmo 1
News Customers complain about local mechanic (Apr '13) May '13 Donna 4

Byron Center Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Byron Center Mortgages