QueenOfTheHouse

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2007

Anyone Know anything about a Car Accident Tonight in Byron Center? TV 8 has no info on their Website!! From what we have heard 3 Sophmore Boys from Byron Center High are in the Hospital.
Junior of BCHS

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

The driver was a Junior (Bryce Gould) and two were Sophmores (Alec Gonzales and Jerry Filker). They were all in Bryce's car and Bryce ran the stop sign at Woodruff and 84th. They were hit by another Junior (Tyler Advocate) and then hit a girl from South Christian. Tyler Advocate is not injured, Alec Gonzales and Jerry Filker have a broken bone or two, nothing serious, but Bryce Gould was flown to the hospital and is in critical condition. He has both broken legs (one is severe enough that he already has pins put in it) and he has bleeding of the brain. That is all that I know so far.
QueenOfTheHouse

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

Thank You SO much for the reply.
We will pray for Bryce and his Family. Keep us updated.
My daughter is a Student of BCHS.
So much tragedy in less than a year at BCHS ~ Hope for a miracle this time.:-)
Jamonica

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

Just keep praying for a miracle!! Byron can't handle any more of this.
the aunt

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

correction on the third vehicle ... it was a senior girl from BCHS. I will keep her name annoymous without her approval to this update.
Junior of BCHS wrote:
The driver was a Junior (Bryce Gould) and two were Sophmores (Alec Gonzales and Jerry Filker). They were all in Bryce's car and Bryce ran the stop sign at Woodruff and 84th. They were hit by another Junior (Tyler Advocate) and then hit a girl from South Christian. Tyler Advocate is not injured, Alec Gonzales and Jerry Filker have a broken bone or two, nothing serious, but Bryce Gould was flown to the hospital and is in critical condition. He has both broken legs (one is severe enough that he already has pins put in it) and he has bleeding of the brain. That is all that I know so far.
Junior

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

Yeah, I just got the news that it was a senior from my school! Sorry for being wrong. Just please keep on praying for Bryce and his family. He is a dear friend of mine and i really hope he comes out of this alright and without any severe problems!
Sophmore at BCHS

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

has anyone heard any updates about Bryce?
how is he doing?
QueenOfTheHouse

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

POSTED ON WZZM 13:

Byron Center Students Hospitalized After Crash

Created: 11/4/2007 6:21:50 PM
Updated: 11/4/2007 6:30:35 PM

Three Byron Center High School students went to the hospital after a three car accident Saturday night.

It happened at the intersection of 84th Street and Woodruff Drive.

Kent County Sheriff's deputies say the three students were in the same car. The driver pulled out in front of a pickup truck heading east on 84th.

The truck pushed the students' car into the path of another car heading west on 84th.

Byron Fire crews had to use the jaws of life to get the students out of the car. The driver, 16-year-old Bryce Gould, was airlifted to the hospital with a head injury, broken leg and pelvis. He is in critical condition.

One of the passengers, 15-year-old Alec Gonzalez, had a broken leg and the other student, 16-year-old Jeremiah Filker, was taken to the hospital with bruised ribs.

The drivers of the other two cars were not injured in the crash.
anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

So... why did the SUV run the stop sign? From what I have been told, he was going pretty quick out of the subdivision. The damage I saw of the vehicle looked like it was cruising.
anonymous

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2007

where can we send cards? emails?
Sophmore at BCHS

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2007

ALECS E-MAiL iS = gonzz03@hotmail.com

I don't know the others. Sorry.
freshman at bchs

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2007

hi, im one of bree *bryces little sister*
best friends... i know that bryce is still in
critical condition, but i know that they arent accepting any visitors
but if u do want to support the gould family
his mom and bree are up at the hospital.
theyd love to see you there!
pleasee pleasee pleasee pray for them
Sophmore at BCHS

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2007

PLEASE KEEP BYRCE iN YOUR PRAYERS.

Bree is really upset. Pray for her too.
friend

Burlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Sophmore at BCHS wrote:
has anyone heard any updates about Bryce?
how is he doing?
Doctors stopped the medication that induces a coma, they are now waiting on Bryce to come out of
it. He has had surgery on his left leg, 3 rods
put in place to repair the fractures. His left hand is severely damaged and will undergo surgery
today to fix that. He is stable, but still listed
in critical condition.
Byron Allumni

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Jamonica wrote:
Just keep praying for a miracle!! Byron can't handle any more of this.
It has been hard on Byron Center, but God will see us through. It is a strong community, we just need to stick with it!
Student-of-Bryce

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

My teacher (Mr. Smokoski) visited Bryce yesterday night (Monday) and he said he talked to Bryce, and Bryce could hear him but couldn't speak back. His family is pretty upset. (especially Bree) but please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers. Bryce came for my language arts class and we only got to see him once or twice before the accident occured. He had just started coming to help with the class about 2-3 weeks ago
QueenOfTheHouse

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Thanks for the updates ~ Keep em coming :-)
Chelsea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

I will keep praying for her and bryce I hope that he can get through this and beable to go back to school and Bre I am praying for her to keep her head up and be strong and I hope that she can get through this too.
Sophmore at BCHS

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Bree stay strong... :p
Sister of Jerry Filker

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

Jerry is now home and we are allowing friends and family members to come over and visit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Byron Center Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Byron Center People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••