Columbia, SC

#2 Sep 13, 2009
old indian wrote:
where
Ask Richard Pierce; he would know.
Oldtown

Jonesville, SC

#3 Sep 24, 2009
If we were in any other town, I would post some graves that I know. Many of the oldest graves from the 1820's still have heirs living here. The trouble with posting anything on "Byrdstown" Topix is that too many low intelligence people make pointless remarks. Any time a name is mentioned, someone begins making crude and disparaging remarks about them. You do not find this on Livingston or Celina Topix. They have several historical related forums. Sad for Byrdstown!
RWE

Allardt, TN

#4 Sep 24, 2009
So true Oldtown. Unfortunately someone always comes along and ruins anything related to Byrdstown.
TFR

Provo, UT

#5 Oct 19, 2012
So, do those of us who have a strong ancestral heritage in Pickett County have to suffer with no information then? I'm a cousin to Richard Pierce (through Ewing Heatherly Pierce Huke--our common ancestor being Sion Benjamin Pierce)and would love to learn more about the history of the Byrdstown area. Richard is a great guy---taking time to tour my sister and I around the area visiting family history sites such as gravesides and property of our ancestors. Let's be positive and truthful in what we share so others can make a connection with their ancestral past. Just a thought! So...what is the oldest grave in Pickett?
jjj

Livingston, TN

#6 Oct 19, 2012
If I were guessing I would say that it would be an unmarked native American's grave or were just referring to white people?
ed gein

United States

#7 Oct 19, 2012
Any hot chicks buried around here I can dig up?
Southern Born

Cookeville, TN

#8 Oct 25, 2012
TFR, The Historical Group meets I believe on the 3rd Saturday at 4:00pm at the Library. Many of the oldest graves sites in Pickett Co. have unmarked graves which are possible from the early pioneers. The greatest loss for Pickett County was the burning of the Court House in the 1930's. Many records were loss, but the time you research would be before Pickett was formed as a County. Early in 1800's, Pickett was parts of Overton and Fentress Counties. The dividing line was near current Static. In the late 1780's all this area was Jackson Co. You have raised a good point. To establish the earliest possible grave, we do need to research the pioneer families a little closer. Richard Pierce could know off hand, but his studies were massive, I repeat massive of information of many of a great number of families. Mr. Pierce should be awarded greatly for what he achieved. I feel Pickett County should honor him with a plaque.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#9 Nov 6, 2012
Cricket cemetery or them winninghams have one in robbinstown that has real old graves.
One of THEM

Cookeville, TN

#10 Mar 19, 2015
"Them Winningham's in Robbinstown" ??? That could be offensive. Good Lord have some coot.
Im one of them

Cookeville, TN

#11 Mar 19, 2015
One of THEM wrote:
"Them Winningham's in Robbinstown" ??? That could be offensive. Good Lord have some coot.
COOTH*** NOT COOT OOPS AUTO CORRECT
Debbie

Jamestown, TN

#12 Mar 20, 2015
Ask Johnnie B. the one that is a city alderman. I hear he is a professional grave yard stealer.
Curious

Livingston, TN

#13 Mar 21, 2015
I would be curious to know this too
I Testify

Newark, DE

#14 Mar 23, 2015
Oldtown wrote:
If we were in any other town, I would post some graves that I know. Many of the oldest graves from the 1820's still have heirs living here. The trouble with posting anything on "Byrdstown" Topix is that too many low intelligence people make pointless remarks. Any time a name is mentioned, someone begins making crude and disparaging remarks about them. You do not find this on Livingston or Celina Topix. They have several historical related forums. Sad for Byrdstown!
Every criticism you stated about others is exactly what you are spreading…hypocrite!!
I Testify

Newark, DE

#15 Mar 23, 2015
Look for the wooded grave markers...I've found three from the vey late 1700s and one from very early 1800s in three different CEMs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Byrdstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Commissioners 24 min Black stallion 24
School Money Wed Ray R 15
Lulu Logan Busted at last (Sep '10) Apr 18 Billy 16
Election 2018 Apr 17 Whowho 35
New Jail and Dispatch Center in Byrdstown (Jun '17) Apr 16 Lonnie Reynolds 44
county highway department (Apr '09) Apr 14 Black stallion 119
closing? Apr 13 in the know 7

Byrdstown Jobs

Personal Finance

Byrdstown Mortgages