Group battles Jackson annexation bid

Group battles Jackson annexation bid

There are 1 comment on the The Clarion-Ledger story from Oct 17, 2006, titled Group battles Jackson annexation bid. In it, The Clarion-Ledger reports that:

Feeling angry and betrayed, some 200 Hinds County residents expecting to be annexed into the city of Jackson after battling for years to become part of Byram, have launched an anti-annexation campaign.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Clarion-Ledger.

Dprophet

Auburn Hills, MI

#1 Oct 22, 2006
I am in total opposition to the annexation, as I live in Brookleigh Hills subdivision. I am in total support of any efforts implemented, that will bring about a favorable outcome for those of us that are "caught in the middle". Never the less, I am a realist, and I adhere to the adage of "Some things are true wether you believe them or not." We the citizens who have been sold out to annexation, were lied to and just plain "decieved" Now it is divide and conquor and to the victor goes the Spoils. I can recall a conversation I had with an acquaintance of mine who is a police officer in Jackson. He was out in my neighborhood looking for a house. I was telling him how peaceful things were in Byram, and how happy my wife and I were, since we had moved from Jackson. He immediately informed me that he had been informed by his superiors that within the next few months, the very same plot of land that is the center of all the contraversy, was to start being patrolled by non other than JPD. I started argueing with him immediately, stating that the whole incorpatation/annexation lawsuit was in court and the verdict had not been handed down. He gave me a smerk as to say "wait and see" but I just didn't want to believe him. Well all these months later, He was right. He had the in-side scoop. The trial was a Joke. The powers-that-be already knew what they were going to do before there ever was a trial. They just wasted our time and peoples money. I hate that I might become a part of Jackson. But I am a realist. We, those of us who will be annexed, are the "Sacrificial Lambs" Its like in the Star Trek movie, when the Borg were assimulating people in to the colony, "Resistance is Futile" This is to say, no matter how hard you try, you will not win. I'm not a quiter and Lord Knows I love a good fight. But its pretty hard to regain your composure and get your wits about you when you've been 'sucker punched' the way we have. Now lawyers know we use deperate and confused and see use willing to do just about anything. We are discombobulated, and with good reason. A great injustice has been done to us. But I urge everyone who is going to be affected to pause and assess the situation. Just in case we lose the battle, lets win the war.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Byram Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shelling, L Troxell MS State, C Smith w/ silver... 17 hr Bryce 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Thu I hate taggers 20,108
Chris S, C Smith, & L Troxell Wed Molly 1
jackson ms hotels Aug 29 nattie555 1
Debate: Marijuana - Jackson, MS (Aug '10) Aug 28 Jeanette Gilmore 243
News What are the 10 safest places in Mississippi? (Jun '14) Jun '14 Val 1
News Byram buying fire truck (Aug '12) Aug '12 celestial 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Byram Mortgages