Man gets 30 days in death of person passed out on road

Dec 11, 2007 Full story: Medford Mail Tribune 9

“He turned a corner and right after he turned, he hit the guy.”

A Klamath Falls man who struck and killed a man passed out in the middle of Butte Falls-Fish Lake Road and drove away will spend 30 days in Jackson County Jail and serve three years' probation. via Medford Mail Tribune

Full Story
Whatthehell

Hermiston, OR

#1 Dec 11, 2007
Seems this is the "land of the free" - free food, free money, free-dumb to do and kill whoever u want! That's just fitting for the holiday season - fa - la - la - la - la - la - la - la!! Maybe next year - we'll see if hanging nooses off the community Christmas tree gets us a slap on the hand or slap of cuffs on the wrist!! Dumb asses, a crime is a crime whether its intentional or not! Get it right next time!
iblosted

Lake Havasu City, AZ

#2 Dec 12, 2007
who the heck gave taht sentence ?? 30 days ,

must be nice to kill sone one then say opps,.
Widow4threeyears now

Klamath Falls, OR

#3 Dec 14, 2007
Nothing happens to anyone these days, My husband was sitting in the back seat of a car going down the highway, When a semi hit them from behind and crushed my husband from the waist down, he lived for aprox. 3 minutes, The semi took out the whole trunk. It had to be lifted off of the back of the car to get my husbands body out, which was pinned between the truck and front seat.
The driver of that semi said that he was looking for something on the floor and when he looked up he saw the car in front about one car length away when he hit the brakes, THIS MAN DIDNT EVEN GET A TICKET. never mind probation, he didnt get nothing.
So you see. Just like "iblosted" says, must be nice to kill someone and say oops.
Just like my husband, that poor man didnt know what hit him. But then again, maybe he did, for a minute...
JustCurious

Cottage Grove, OR

#4 Dec 16, 2007
Was the driver of the semi an American citizen?
You never know these days.
Duke

Cave Junction, OR

#5 Dec 22, 2007
The "Victim" was in the middle of the road does he not have some responsibility for his actions. Why would you lay in the middle of a well traveled road? Now leaving the scene of the accident is another story. That should be punished but 30 days is punishment..
Whatthehell wrote:
Seems this is the "land of the free" - free food, free money, free-dumb to do and kill whoever u want! That's just fitting for the holiday season - fa - la - la - la - la - la - la - la!! Maybe next year - we'll see if hanging nooses off the community Christmas tree gets us a slap on the hand or slap of cuffs on the wrist!! Dumb asses, a crime is a crime whether its intentional or not! Get it right next time!
christina

Klamath Falls, OR

#6 Jan 8, 2008
My brother cut someone in the head out of self defense and he got 16 months and 2 yr probation.;
What is wrong with this pictue.
I guess a person life is not worth what it use to be. Maybe we should look at the Judicial system.
crystal

Butte Falls, OR

#7 Oct 29, 2008
duke your stupid and your dumb and he did have responsibility for his actions and he wasn't laying in the road he was walking and stupid queer ran him over and 30 days is not a good enough punishment for killing my brother
de who

Washougal, WA

#8 Oct 30, 2008
now crystal, i mean, i feel your pain and all but what the hell was he doing walking down the middle of the road, unaware enough of the immediate surroundings to get himself run-over. the article said he was passed out in the middle of the road. so what was it? total responsibility, walking innocently down the road??...or no responsibility at all, passed out on an asphalt mattress? reguardless of what his punishment was, i think you should try to remember, he has to live with the fact that he ran someone down in the dead of night and ran away. that fact alone may be a more effective sentence than any that could have been delivered by the law.
cdt

Butte Falls, OR

#9 Jan 14, 2010
i think your all stupid too he was my best friend in the world and dumb ass had to kill him

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Butte Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Medford disputes national crime growth ranking,... Feb 18 David 2
moving to oregon (Sep '06) Jan '15 Skanks 177
Lost: a white bag of handmade diapers at the Ch... Jan '15 Bob 3
what is there to do in medford as a young perso... Jan '15 Mary Janes Attic 4
loud explosion last nite in Medford Dec '14 sheriff john 1
Medford Dispensary Dec '14 ommp 3
emergency services (Jul '13) Jul '13 tallman traits 1
Butte Falls Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Butte Falls People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:22 am PST

Bleacher Report10:22AM
Pros and Cons of 49ers' Top FA Targets
Bleacher Report10:51 AM
Tyvon Branch: Latest News, Rumors and Speculation on Free-Agent S
Bleacher Report11:29 AM
Dynamic WR Top Priority on 49ers Free-Agency Big Board
NBC Sports 2:30 PM
Report: 49ers offering LB Michael Wilhoite in trade
Bleacher Report 2:39 PM
Will 49ers Spend Big or Draft RB to Replace Gore?