Who do you support for Governor in Pe...
pelosi belly fuzz

Los Angeles, CA

#31043 Aug 12, 2012
Romney Hood wrote:
the housing bubble was beginning to pop in 2005
Bush did NOTHING!
He was more interested in the wars he illegally started...and the kickbacks to Cheney's company Halliburton.
LMAO!
Go sniff Glenn Becks jockstrap.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum
Mutt vs Mitt

West Mifflin, PA

#31044 Aug 12, 2012
OK back to click and clack..........

Ryan can say medicare won't change for current seniors until the cows come home - I simply don't believe him. Here's how it might work. Everyone under, say, 55 is taken out of medicare. OK, now their votes no longer have a stake in medicare and in fact become hostile to it. Legislators notice that, and begin chipping away at medicare, year by year and appropriation by appropriation. So in 5 years, when many of us will need it badly, medicare is just an underfunded voucher we use to go around and beg private insurance carriers to honor.

My read - Ryan is poison to medicare. Only a fool would vote to end their own health care. Not that there aren't a few fools around .....
jose menendez

Arlington, VA

#31045 Aug 12, 2012
Mutt vs Mitt wrote:
OK back to click and clack..........
Ryan can say medicare won't change for current seniors until the cows come home - I simply don't believe him. Here's how it might work. Everyone under, say, 55 is taken out of medicare. OK, now their votes no longer have a stake in medicare and in fact become hostile to it. Legislators notice that, and begin chipping away at medicare, year by year and appropriation by appropriation. So in 5 years, when many of us will need it badly, medicare is just an underfunded voucher we use to go around and beg private insurance carriers to honor.
My read - Ryan is poison to medicare. Only a fool would vote to end their own health care. Not that there aren't a few fools around .....
Absolutely...
They know total destruction just will not sell for the election. So, they will weaken it along with programs like Social Security and Medicaid. But once they start they will certainly chip away at it until they reach the goal of total annihilation.
Just invest in the good people of foreign lands after all they're more competitive and they have access to the US markets with all the trade
and monetary irregularities
After all they're hungry for work, like in China where workers get paid a bowl of rice for a days work.
Hey don't fear becuase...well be hungry too after these guys are done with us
Just ask Ann Rand...Ryans role model
bobby64

Bellevue, WA

#31046 Aug 12, 2012
Okay, did i ever say president Obama has won reelection 2012? I have not. I will say that at this point in time president Obama is winning as in electoral map and that's a fact. I pay attention to the bottom line and that's the magic number 270. The president is winning in several key swing states flipper cant do without and that's another fact. Its good that you came to defend Marisa as she or he who ever always has tea bag opinions that will never be nothing but hate president
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#31047 Aug 12, 2012
Marisa wrote:
<quoted text>Wow! I can't believe I'm agreeing with you.. of course Fannie May and Freddie Mac didn't cause the housing crisis..Barney Frank and Chris Dodd and fellow democrats did!
You are wrong. That is a rightwing myth invented by your side to avoid taking responsibility for their colossal regulatory failure.

Wikipedia has a decent summary that's well-sourced. Go learn what actually happened:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007%E2%80%93201...
Marisa

Carlisle, PA

#31048 Aug 12, 2012
Mutt vs Mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
George W Bush has a probusiness/anticonsumer record, including crony capitalism with the awarding of post-Iraq war contracts (Halliburton, Bechtel, and MCI/Worldcom getting most of the contracts). Alterman and Green note that the first 2 years of the Bush administration coincided with the biggest corporate scandals and bankruptcies since Teapot Dome in the 1920s. Mr. Bush had to manage a falling economy riddled with corporate malfeasance. Companies on the corporate rap sheet:
MCI/Worldcom -- the single largest corporate securities fraud in U.S. history.
Enron -- the largest contributor to Bush's political career. The Bush administration is staffed with numerous former Enron employees and consultants.
Harken Energy -- Bush's behavior on Harken's board of directors was similar to that of the companies caught in the corporate scandals. Mr. Bush received several memos from Harken officials about the impending financial crisis in the company, sold his stock, then several days later the Harken financial problems wewre made public. He failed to file notice of these sales to the SEC for 8 months. The SEC simply stopped their 1990-91 investigation.
Halliburton -- Dick Cheney served as CEO and chairman from 1995-2000. He sold Halliburton stock before bad financial news regarding his company was made public. Halliburton committed fraud on its investors by overstating its earnings.
Enron and Worldcom were followed by scandals and failures at Adelphia, Tyco, and others.
As he did to his unsuccessful businesses, George W. Bush is doing to the country -- leading it down a path of failure:
huge federal deficits
mismanagement
deception
cronyism.
What? All these years later and it's still Bush's fault? Come on now, can't you come up with something better? When Obama leaves the White House in Jan., of 2013, we can then start to say "It's Obama's fault". No we can't, because republicans take responsibility, something democrats are clueless about...responsibility!
Marisa

Carlisle, PA

#31049 Aug 12, 2012
jose menendez wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely...
They know total destruction just will not sell for the election. So, they will weaken it along with programs like Social Security and Medicaid. But once they start they will certainly chip away at it until they reach the goal of total annihilation.
Just invest in the good people of foreign lands after all they're more competitive and they have access to the US markets with all the trade
and monetary irregularities
After all they're hungry for work, like in China where workers get paid a bowl of rice for a days work.
Hey don't fear becuase...well be hungry too after these guys are done with us
Just ask Ann Rand...Ryans role model
If you're going to use someone's name how about spelling it correctly? It's AYN, not ANN! Got it?
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#31050 Aug 12, 2012
Marisa wrote:
<quoted text>What? All these years later and it's still Bush's fault? Come on now, can't you come up with something better? When Obama leaves the White House in Jan., of 2013, we can then start to say "It's Obama's fault". No we can't, because republicans take responsibility, something democrats are clueless about...responsibility!
Bush and Republicans crashed the economy. No serious economist disputes that.

But the right continues to blame Obama for the economy. Why do you insist on shifting the blame to Obama? Why won't you take responsibility for what your side did? The right is simply clueless about responsibility.

And for the record - there will NEVER be a time when Bush doesn't get blamed for the Bush recession. He crashed the car, so just because he turned the keys over to a new driver doesn't mean he isn't still responsible for the crash.
Marisa

Carlisle, PA

#31051 Aug 12, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. That is a rightwing myth invented by your side to avoid taking responsibility for their colossal regulatory failure.
Wikipedia has a decent summary that's well-sourced. Go learn what actually happened:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007%E2%80%93201...
Wikipedia? Come, come now. Surely you can do better then that? You know, like the truth.

We all know that wil]kipedia is left wing.

By the way, I thought you said you were done with me, you and that classless doofus from West MIfflin?

Gee I was hoping you would have kept your word and leave me alone. But true to liberalism, keeping one's word is meaningless.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#31052 Aug 12, 2012
Marisa wrote:
<quoted text>What? All these years later and it's still Bush's fault? Come on now, can't you come up with something better? When Obama leaves the White House in Jan., of 2013, we can then start to say "It's Obama's fault". No we can't, because republicans take responsibility, something democrats are clueless about...responsibility!
And for the record, during modern history, Republicans drive up the debt and increase deficits.

Then Democrats come in and reduce the rate of debt growth and shrink deficits.

That's how it always happens. "Fiscally responsible conservative" is a myth.

Republican vs Democratic debt:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/calmar/223522338...

Republican vs Democratic deficits:
http://home.adelphi.edu/sbloch/deficits.html

They both increase under GOP Presidents and shrink under Democratic Presidents. This is historic fact.

"Fiscally responsible conservative" is an oxymoron and a myth.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#31053 Aug 12, 2012
Marisa wrote:
<quoted text>Wikipedia? Come, come now. Surely you can do better then that? You know, like the truth.
We all know that wil]kipedia is left wing.
By the way, I thought you said you were done with me, you and that classless doofus from West MIfflin?
Gee I was hoping you would have kept your word and leave me alone. But true to liberalism, keeping one's word is meaningless.
"Wikipedia is left wing." ROFLMAO!!

Go read. Follow the linked sources. Learn something. Stop being a rightwing dupe.
jose menendez

Arlington, VA

#31054 Aug 12, 2012
Marisa wrote:
<quoted text>If you're going to use someone's name how about spelling it correctly? It's AYN, not ANN! Got it?
ANN AYN
So what I made my point.

Why don't you tell us more about her, since you know so much.
Please elaborate for us about Paul Ryan's visionary Russian writer.
Please inform
We want to know more about her...
Barney Franks peter

Los Angeles, CA

#31055 Aug 12, 2012
Rep. Barney Frank will be remembered for three things:

First, he was not only the first openly gay member of Congress but the first involved in a gay-prostitution scandal.

Second, he said,

“I do not want the same kind of focus on safety and soundness”

regarding Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac as exercised with regard to other government-affiliated agencies, preferring, as he memorably put it, to

“roll the dice a little bit.”

Third, he was co-author of the Frank-Dodd financial-reform legislation.

Which is to say, Representative Frank will be remembered as an embarrassment, a reckless gambler, and a legislative malefactor.
Barney Franks peter

Los Angeles, CA

#31056 Aug 12, 2012
Dan the Man
York Springs, PA

Go read. Follow the linked sources. Learn something. Stop being a rightwing dupe.

Representative Frank was not much of a crusader on gay-rights issues, which was just as well.

On the substance of those issues, he was on the wrong side.

As a symbol, he was toxic — a powerful politician whose homosexual orientation was hardly the most remarkable feature of his private life, which included involvement with a gay hustler and convicted drug dealer whom the congressman was paying for sex, and who ended up running a prostitution operation out of the congressman’s home.
Barney Franks peter

Los Angeles, CA

#31057 Aug 12, 2012
Dan the Man
York Springs, PA

Representative Frank was reprimanded by the House for making misleading statements to a Virginia prosecutor on behalf of the prostitute — whom the congressman eventually put on his own payroll — and for having fixed dozens of parking tickets on his behalf.

Americans are broadly tolerant of homosexuality; they are rightly less tolerant of prostitution and political corruption.

The congressman’s self-pitying account of the episode made the bad situation worse.
Barney Franks peter

Los Angeles, CA

#31058 Aug 12, 2012
Dan the Man
York Springs, PA

Go read. Follow the linked sources.

Learn something.

Stop being a rightwing dupe.

But though his private life spilled over into his public duties, it is as a champion of a different kind of pay-for-play operation, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, that the congressman did the most damage to the country.

The government-backed mortgage giants were at the center of the housing bubble and the subsequent financial crisis.

Representative Frank was a stalwart defender of the organizations, even after the government uncovered

“extensive”

fraud at Fannie Mae and found that Freddie Mac had illegally channeled funds to its political benefactors.

Again, Representative Frank’s personal life intruded into the story:

He was sexually involved with a Fannie Mae executive during a time when he was voting on laws affecting the organization.

The final cost of the Fannie/Freddie bailouts will run into the hundreds of billions of dollars, and the real damage that the organizations did to the U.S. economy — and the world economy, for that matter — probably is incalculable.
Barney Franks peter

Los Angeles, CA

#31059 Aug 12, 2012
Dan the Man
York Springs, PA

Learn something.

In response to a financial crisis in which he was a significant figure, Representative Frank helped to craft a financial-reform law that bears his name.

The drafting of Dodd-Frank began as a punitive measure, evolved into a dispensary of political favors, and in the end did little or nothing to address the problems that led to the 2008–09 crisis or to prevent similar crises in the future.

Which means that we may have Barney Frank partly to thank not only for the last financial crisis but for the next one.
Barney Franks peter

Los Angeles, CA

#31060 Aug 12, 2012
Dan the Man
York Springs, PA

Learn something.

From his relatively petty transgressions related to his personal life to his more consequential role in enabling Fannie and Freddie, Representative Frank personifies a great deal of what is wrong with American public life.

Though a highly intelligent man, he made the wrong decisions at every turn, and compounded his policy errors with the petty and vindictive style of his politics.

Republicans will not miss him.

Neither should his Democratic colleagues, his constituents, or the American public that will be paying off the cost of his errors and those of his allies, with interest, for a great many years.

We hope that he will find in the obscurity of retirement the grace and wisdom that eluded him as an elected official, but we do not assume that it will be so.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/284273...
Marisa

Carlisle, PA

#31061 Aug 12, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
And for the record, during modern history, Republicans drive up the debt and increase deficits.
Then Democrats come in and reduce the rate of debt growth and shrink deficits.
That's how it always happens. "Fiscally responsible conservative" is a myth.
Republican vs Democratic debt:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/calmar/223522338...
Republican vs Democratic deficits:
http://home.adelphi.edu/sbloch/deficits.html
They both increase under GOP Presidents and shrink under Democratic Presidents. This is historic fact.
"Fiscally responsible conservative" is an oxymoron and a myth.
Ever hear of Stephen Reed? He was born right here in Chambersburg and went on to become mayor of Harrisburg. He also made a disaster of Harrisburg's economy and reckless spending.

Reed, a democrat,spent a fortunate of public funds on Civil War and American Old West artifacts. They were to be used in a museum that never came about. The artifacts are sitting in a warehouse in Harrisburg.

Long story short..this democrat mayor bankrupted Harrisburg.

Now please keep your word and buzz off and leave me alone. I'm not fond of stalkers!

What was that about Fiscally conservatives as an oxymoron?

Just head a few miles north on 81 to see how a democrat mayor bankrupted the state capital.

Even the current mayor,democrat Linda Thompson has very little good to say about fellow democrat Reed.

What was that about fiscally conservatives as an oxymoron?

My suggestion to you is that you better make sure your own back yard is clean before you find fault with your neighbors yard.
Bush wacked

West Mifflin, PA

#31062 Aug 12, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
"Wikipedia is left wing." ROFLMAO!!
Any website or forum or dicussion board that doesnt agree with the republicans are all liberal websites and forums.LMAO!
It's what they actually believe,,The Bush crime family broke the country....dont forget Obama inherited a lot of debt and the cost of the wars are ticking off on Obama's debt.....not Bush's......
Bush,Rumsfeld,Rice,Cheney,Paul son robbed the USA!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Butler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Check out Butler News Jul 16 Cotton Eye Joe 2
The Reality of Butler (Jul '15) Jul 6 Fkyall 20
Perry O'Malley leaving? (May '11) Jun 30 Homey 14
News Eagle Media purchases Pittsburgh City Paper Jun '16 Homey 2
News Ford cuts week off SUV plant shutdown to handle... Jun '16 helped her 1
News Trooper, wife file lawsuit against new Butler c... (Apr '12) Jun '16 chris 10
Butler County District attorney Richard A. Gold... (May '14) May '16 Zeke the Pinhead 25

Butler Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Butler Mortgages