ASBESTOS at Historic Lafayette Housin...

ASBESTOS at Historic Lafayette Housing Authority Apartments? BUTLER PA

Posted in the Butler Forum

Help-Please

Butler, PA

#1 Feb 27, 2012
As the halls ceilings and basement have been dismantled
Rumors are rampant amongst the residents that ASBESTOS is present. Many feel ill.

Isn't this dangerous? How can a tenant accept money for rent when an obvious danger exists? I thought people should not be around this? I thought that there must be permits and special workers to remove this stuff?

Can anyone help me to find out about this?

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!
Architorture

Butler, PA

#2 Feb 27, 2012
typically you don't become acutely ill from asbestos exposure unless there are residents living in the construction area and large amounts of fibers were being released- i suspect neither of these to be the case.

asbestos tests are usually done and analyzed prior to any construction or demolition beginning in structures that are suspected to contain asbestos. there is a very small likelihood that any significant amount of asbestos is being released by the construction activities that isn't being properly remediated and disposed of.

also given the age of most of the residents, the chances that asbestos exposure today is going to result in mesothelioma prior to dying from other causes is pretty low. the disease can take as much as 20 to 50 years to develop.
Help-Please

Butler, PA

#3 Feb 29, 2012
Thanks for the info.

More concerns...
Renovations began months ago.

Lots of dust everywhere and minimal ongoing clean-up.

Not all residents are seniors, many have children and grandchildren who visit often.

ASBESTOS crew in and out just this past week.

Trying to find contact information for DEP? or some agency in charge of state regulations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Butler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Flooding ravishes the city of Butler, flooding ... Thu Homey 6
Zerro help offered from United Way of Butler Co... Jul 10 CCB 1
Pictures of the family rescued from the chevy B... Jul 6 ButlerNews 1
Aftermath pictures of the city of Butler Flood Jul 6 ButlerNews 1
County United Way leader announces resignation Jun '17 CCB 8
News Jim Eckstein announces candidacy for county com... (Jan '11) Jun '17 Lcc 71
News Dr. David Evanko, of Butler, is accused of sexu... (Apr '09) Jun '17 Maltamon 293

Butler Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Butler Mortgages