Posted in the Bushland Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Who is this Guy

Amarillo, TX

#2 Apr 29, 2009
Hey Concerned,
I checked out the Superpages site and this post was added...wondering if you'd seen it...
Sounds like I wasn't the only one the Dow family has screwed. Watch out he is very convincing and talks a good game but he got me and several people from Ohio for over 200,000.00. They will say anything to make you believe they are good people. Don't buy it. I would order a back ground check before you give him any kind of money for dancing or any other services!
Poor Trey & Dalena...I hope he didn't get them too...
Dancer from Ohio

United States

#3 Jul 10, 2009
I am 79 years old and Jeff Dow got me for an amount I won't disclose because I am ambarressed to say I fell for his tricks. His fat wife will tell you all sorts of lies to. They make up stories about breaking up and then making up and getting re-married so they can get money and gifts. He sold me over a hundred dance lessons and never taught one of them. All of us are trying to get affidavidts on him and get him arressted. I ordered a back ground check from a private investigator and it was many pages of leans and walked out on leases. This is a terrible person I feel sorry for his children. They are so sad. He even had an affair several times while Whanitia was away and told us about it. Do not by lessons from this man you will only be hurt and will never dance. Check into Lubbock, Ohio, Florida and Indiana before you believe a word he says.
concerned

United States

#4 Jul 25, 2009
The phone number is out of order for the studio are they still open? Can anyone let me know I still have lessons remaining.
Another Victim

United States

#5 Oct 9, 2009
Dancer from Ohio wrote:
I am 79 years old and Jeff Dow got me for an amount I won't disclose because I am ambarressed to say I fell for his tricks. His fat wife will tell you all sorts of lies to. They make up stories about breaking up and then making up and getting re-married so they can get money and gifts. He sold me over a hundred dance lessons and never taught one of them. All of us are trying to get affidavidts on him and get him arressted. I ordered a back ground check from a private investigator and it was many pages of leans and walked out on leases. This is a terrible person I feel sorry for his children. They are so sad. He even had an affair several times while Whanitia was away and told us about it. Do not by lessons from this man you will only be hurt and will never dance. Check into Lubbock, Ohio, Florida and Indiana before you believe a word he says.
TO DANCER FROM OHIO: I AM SORRY THAT YOU HAVE HAD TO GO THROUGH WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU. THERE ARE MANY OF US, AND I AM ANOTHER ONE. AS I AM IN YOUR AGE RANGE, I HAVE CONTACTED "ABUSE OF THE ELDERLY" AND HAVE FOUND THAT THERE ARE WAYS IN WHICH WE CAN FIGHT BACK. IF IT IS ANY CONSOLATION, BUT, I AM SURE THAT YOU FEEL EMBARRASSED AS ALL OF US DO. YOU WERE SCAMMED BY ONE OF THE BEST. HE HAS MADE THIS A FINE ART AND HAS DONE IT OVER AND OVER. AS YOU GUESSED, HIS WIFE AND FAMILY ARE PROBABLY INVOLVED IN IT ALL TOO. I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU DIRECTLY. IF YOU CAN GIVE ME SOME WAY OF CONTACTING YOU PRIVATELY, I WILL BE IN TOUCH.
Another Victim

United States

#6 Oct 10, 2009
More comments to Dancer from Ohio:
I would be interested in what he told you - probably one of these as he has used them before:
- Needs child support money
- Needs to pay off student loan
- Needs to pay back taxes
- Needs to go see (or bring back) girlfriend, dancer, potential partner, etc.
- Needs divorce money (money for lawyer)
- Needs money for event/ remarriage, etc.
- Needs money to invest in great business opportunity
Of course, he says he will "pay it back" and you will have "dance lessons for life." What a line!
Even though he is (or was) a good teacher, the money he takes has no connection with his performing lessons. It is just his way to "make a living."
help

Happy, TX

#7 Jul 3, 2010
Another Victim wrote:
<quoted text> TO DANCER FROM OHIO: I AM SORRY THAT YOU HAVE HAD TO GO THROUGH WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU. THERE ARE MANY OF US, AND I AM ANOTHER ONE. AS I AM IN YOUR AGE RANGE, I HAVE CONTACTED "ABUSE OF THE ELDERLY" AND HAVE FOUND THAT THERE ARE WAYS IN WHICH WE CAN FIGHT BACK. IF IT IS ANY CONSOLATION, BUT, I AM SURE THAT YOU FEEL EMBARRASSED AS ALL OF US DO. YOU WERE SCAMMED BY ONE OF THE BEST. HE HAS MADE THIS A FINE ART AND HAS DONE IT OVER AND OVER. AS YOU GUESSED, HIS WIFE AND FAMILY ARE PROBABLY INVOLVED IN IT ALL TOO. I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU DIRECTLY. IF YOU CAN GIVE ME SOME WAY OF CONTACTING YOU PRIVATELY, I WILL BE IN TOUCH.
I would love more detailed info on this man. Can anyone help give me more detailed info???
victim

United States

#8 Aug 11, 2010
help wrote:
<quoted text>
I would love more detailed info on this man. Can anyone help give me more detailed info???
Don't know where he is now, but am sure he is doing his "dirty work" still - his family will be in it too - he owes much money to several people in any/all of the places he lives - I will try to contact you directly, if you can give me more information.
victim

United States

#10 Jan 1, 2011
Interesting that he is still there - had found some information that he might now be in Arizona. Last thing I heard before was that he was working for a golf club in Amarillo, but, when the money dries up or he can't scam anyone, he moves on - there is enough information in Ohio for him to be picked up here if he comes back. Everybody is absolutely right about him and the family - they have no scruples about lying, stealing and making up any stories that work for them to get more and more of other people's money.
scammed by them too

United States

#11 Jan 2, 2011
I don't know about Arizona but as of September of 2010 he was still working at the golf club and his wife wahnita was still the director of dance at amarillo college their oldest son was living in the orlando fl area and still on the registry for sex offenders in hernando county. I really wish they would get caught and thrown in jail - each and everyone off them! I can't believe that Amarillo College allows her to work there with not only college student but with younger children at the lamplight theater what are they waiting for fire her!!!!
victim

United States

#12 Jan 3, 2011
there are so many in Ohio that I am aware of who have invested huge amounts of money in non-existent dance lessons and a couple (and students) from Lubbock who lost a lot of money to him too. He seems to know just when to bail out and people don't want to throw good money after bad, so he continues to get away with it - by now, since he is in his 50s, millions of dollars of other people's money has gone through his hands. We would like to see him prosecuted, even though he will have nothing for restitution, maybe he could be stopped from doing it again and again??
scammed by them too

United States

#13 Jan 5, 2011
YES I would LOVE to see them all prosecuted the whole family is nothing but scam artist!!!
CT Dance Pro

Farmington, CT

#15 Jun 2, 2011
http://www.myspace.com/jeffandwah2008
There is his myspace page. He is not that hard to find. He has done damage in CT as well. Would love to see him step foot in this state again.
victim

Piketon, OH

#16 Oct 6, 2011
$16,000 in credit card payments and $5500 for lease on car - paid off - lesson learned -
ex girlfriend

Hamrun, Malta

#17 Dec 31, 2011
oh believe me guys he conned me too...i was suppose to be his girlfriend.(i live in europe) however thanks to some good friends who owned the studio in ohio i was able to get rid of him and his lies. guess what now? he's back in touch...with more fat lies!!! i am now a mother of a baby boy in a happy relationship n my country and wants to screw that up for me as well.
Dancer

United States

#18 Jan 29, 2012
So is he still in amarillo now? My family and my business was ruined by him and his lieing family. I have never wished someone to go to jail or go to hell but these people I do. Do not believe this con-artist and his fat wife. There are plenty of good studios out there. I business owner should never have to tell you his "made up" problems. The whole purpose of dancing is to have fun and be social. Make new friends. That couple will take their time and say their your friends may even do something nice but it's only a set up for the hell you are about to experience. He has done a big number in Tx too. He may of hurt my family but that can be made right,he can't take my dancing and happiness away.
victim

Bourneville, OH

#19 Jan 30, 2012
Thought that these problems from years ago might be gone - should have expected that it would come to the surface again. The $$$ from students and studio owners must be short right now due to the economy - is it a church, a student, or a business owner now being taken? or all three?
Dude

Amarillo, TX

#20 May 4, 2012
victim wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know where he is now, but am sure he is doing his "dirty work" still - his family will be in it too - he owes much money to several people in any/all of the places he lives - I will try to contact you directly, if you can give me more information.
He lost his job in Amarillo at the country club and now sells cars at Southwest Honda in Amarillo.
sucker

United States

#21 Feb 7, 2013
she is still looking for suckers and anything else in Spring Hill,Florida
scammed by them too

Guilford, CT

#22 Sep 22, 2013
she found one! she is remarried for the 6th or 7th time!!!
scammed

Leesburg, OH

#23 Oct 20, 2013
where is she now? when the "new" husband gets tiresome, and there is money to be made/taken, Jeffrey will resurface and there will be another reconciliation with another big wedding etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bushland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Sat Field of Farts 819
News Wind farms could boost economy in the Panhandle Sat Hail 1
News Political Rally Tonight for Elisha Demerson Sat Pantex 1
News Mystery boxes causing a stir in Downtown Amarillo Sat Pantex 1
News Know Your Candidate Amarillo City Council Place 2 Fri Pantex 1
News Heavy rain to continue Fri Nederland Texas 1
News Obama takes a walk again on the streets of Wash... May 1 Tazo 1
More from around the web

Bushland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]