Quilters part of community fabric

Quilters part of community fabric

There are 4 comments on the Times Herald-Record story from Apr 19, 2013, titled Quilters part of community fabric. In it, Times Herald-Record reports that:

Pocono Mountains Quilter Guild had its annual Holiday Party and its quilt show will be held the weekend of April 20 and 21 at Stroudsburg Junior High School on Chipperfield Drive in Stroudsburg, .At far right are Treasurer Christine Bearn, left, and Vice President Andrea Kash.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times Herald-Record.

Larry

Meredith, NH

#2 Apr 19, 2013
Loose, as a craftsman who has done many shows where true handcrafted quilts are displayed, I can assure you the quality of some are outstanding. It's not uncommon to see them selling for well over $1,500.

I have a "popcorn" quilt made by my grandmother for my parent's wedding in 1936. It was crocheted and I had it appraised for insurance purposes, and they valued it at $10,000.
loose stool

Milford, PA

#3 Apr 20, 2013
As you might guess I prefer crazy quilts and have several from the 50's I obtained while serving time in a Mid-West Land Grant University. Those and a Hoosier are the only things of value from that time.
Larry

Meredith, NH

#4 Apr 20, 2013
I'm in the process of building a Hoosier for our craft show display.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#5 Apr 20, 2013
loose stool wrote:
As you might guess I prefer crazy quilts and have several from the 50's I obtained while serving time in a Mid-West Land Grant University. Those and a Hoosier are the only things of value from that time.
Most of my furniture is from that time Hard rock maple from Vermont. Much prettier than oak. My quilts are wearing out but I plan to teach the art to my granddaughter this summer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bushkill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Emergency vehicles Jul '15 Cmoretz 1
Mountain Manor Resort (Aug '10) Jul '15 Nancy 36
locust grove resort (Aug '09) Jul '15 cdog 30
News Autistic student's mother says she wasn't notif... Mar '15 DonnieWingo 2
Review: Camp GAN Israel Northeast Inc Mar '15 Lisa 1
News Pike County man fires shots at passing vehicle (Nov '11) Oct '14 DonnieWingo 46
News Preserving Peters House nearly done - (Sep '14) Sep '14 Blackie1 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bushkill Mortgages