M and M Pawn in London

Somerset, KY

#1 Jun 4, 2013
Our store was recently robbed with great money loss.Due to this robbery we have to close down the pawn shop. We are asking for the public's help to get the word out. If anyone has anything on pawn at our store it will need to be picked up within the next 3 weeks. Anything that is not picked up will be considered forfeited and sold. We offer our apologies, but please understand this is out of our control.THANK YOU TO ALL OUR CUSTOMERS FOR THE BUSINESS YOU GAVE US!
From all of us at M&M Pawn
too much crime

London, KY

#4 Jun 5, 2013
Too much crime. Too much meth and pills which usually is why crimes are committed around here.

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#7 Jun 5, 2013
too much crime wrote:
Too much crime. Too much meth and pills which usually is why crimes are committed around here.
I agree. Meth and pills are a root problem of crime.
Hard to Believe

London, KY

#12 Jun 5, 2013
They would use topix to make this announcment.Put it in the paper.What about everyone who had jewelry stolen?how do you pick it up?This makes no sense.
BarneyFife

London, KY

#13 Jun 6, 2013
It is sad when anyone loses to theft.

All customers in good standing according to KRS 226.00.050 still must be compensated. "Extreme Care" is expected at a loan facility.

"Reasonable Care" is what you expect leaving your car for repair. "Extrememe Care" is a much higher legal level.

This break in no ways absolves owner of liability. As sad as that may be.
M and M Pawn in London

Evarts, KY

#16 Jun 6, 2013
First of all any pawn shop ticket (not just ours) clearly states that the pawn shop is not responsible for theft or fire. Buy anyone who has anything still on pawn here, that did not get stolen has until July the 3rd to pick up their items.This way it gives us time to do the final thing we need to do to close our business. We also are having a big sale on all our guns until July 3rd. ALL OF OUR GUNS ARE AT LEAST $50.00 MORE OFF THE ALREADY LOW PRICES.Stop by and see us in our final closing days for great deals.
Again we appreciate all the business everyone has gave us.
Big Bug Podge

Somerset, KY

#17 Jun 6, 2013
BarneyFife wrote:
It is sad when anyone loses to theft.
All customers in good standing according to KRS 226.00.050 still must be compensated. "Extreme Care" is expected at a loan facility.
"Reasonable Care" is what you expect leaving your car for repair. "Extrememe Care" is a much higher legal level.
This break in no ways absolves owner of liability. As sad as that may be.
Barney ! I saw the Story on the NEWS .It looked like something off Oceans 11 ? A magician couldn't get by all that security ,then proceed to cut a hole in the side of a BIG safe ? I wonder how much time that all really took ? They must have had Steel Balls !
M and M Pawn in London

Evarts, KY

#18 Jun 6, 2013
More people read topix than the news paper. And what we meant was for the customers who's items were not stolen needs to pick them up before July 3rd. Sorry i guess i should have been more clear.And it really does bother us that our customers lost items that were so special to them. But if the cops can find the robbers then we have hope those items will be returned to the customers they belong to. WE SINCERELY APOLOGIZE TO ALL OUR CUSTOMERS WHO LOST THEIR ITEMS!!!
Not Off The Hook

Williamsburg, KY

#19 Jun 6, 2013
When Can a Pawnshop be Civilly Liable?
Generally speaking, a pawnshop can be civilly liable to a person who uses the store for a personal loan in three situations:

Third Person Theft/Lost Property
A pawnshop has usually taken ownership of the property in question as security for a loan. As such, a pawnshop cannot be liable for losing, or having its own property stolen by a third person. Most states have said that pawnshops have to take "ordinary care and diligence" in safeguarding the property. If the pawnshop is negligent in losing or allowing the property to be stolen by a third person, then it is liable to the customer who sold the property if they desire it back.

Pledge Contract
Some personal loans for personal property exchanges come with a pledge contract. A pledge contract means that a pawnshop must notify the former owner of the property if it is going to be offered for sale to the public. If a pledge contract exists, a pawnshop will be liable for stolen or lost property without regard to the general principles of bailment if the former owner desires the property back. Additionally, if the former owner of the property tenders money to get the property back and the pawnshop fails to provide, the property is seen as stolen and the pawnshop is liable.

Employee Theft
If an employee of a pawnshop steals property, the pawnshop is liable to the former owner of the property if they desire the property again.
Big Bug Podge

Somerset, KY

#20 Jun 6, 2013
M and M Pawn in London wrote:
More people read topix than the news paper. And what we meant was for the customers who's items were not stolen needs to pick them up before July 3rd. Sorry i guess i should have been more clear.And it really does bother us that our customers lost items that were so special to them. But if the cops can find the robbers then we have hope those items will be returned to the customers they belong to. WE SINCERELY APOLOGIZE TO ALL OUR CUSTOMERS WHO LOST THEIR ITEMS!!!
So you loaned money on something that was not worth stealing ?
Old Timer

London, KY

#21 Jun 7, 2013
Where is this shop located?
Sorry but some advise

Manchester, KY

#22 Jun 7, 2013
M and M Pawn in London wrote:
Sorry for you theft!
Now, I will give you the advise I was given every time items were stolen from me
(CHECK LOCAL PAWN SHOPS)
If earn living from thieves you are sure to get some return love from them (like you got)!
Try a honest living, maybe if the thugs who get free out of jail card from courts don't have a cash place to sell they will stop.
BarneyFife

London, KY

#24 Jun 9, 2013
The pawn shops here are regulated. Checked daily for every item that has been taken for loan or purchase.

Only an idiot would take something stolen to a pawn shop. Video surveilance, positive official ID, signed receipt and daily transaction reports delivered to THE POLICE DAILY.

Sorry to inform you. The only reason the police tell you that? Is to get you and the other 20 victims out of their face.

They could sit down and in 5 minutes look through the pages of forms dropped off or faxed by the shops. You get to feel like you are doing something and the cop has you out of his hair.
BarneyFife

London, KY

#25 Jun 9, 2013
Here is the 20 dollar question.

How many times did you actually find your stuff in a pawn shop instead of your other neighbor the dealer which is on the other side of you, opposite the thief that stole your stuff.

Did you ever consider moving or restricting who comes on your proprty like, say, family.
Funny

Williamsburg, KY

#26 Jun 9, 2013
BarneyFife wrote:
The pawn shops here are regulated. Checked daily for every item that has been taken for loan or purchase.
Only an idiot would take something stolen to a pawn shop. Video surveilance, positive official ID, signed receipt and daily transaction reports delivered to THE POLICE DAILY.
Sorry to inform you. The only reason the police tell you that? Is to get you and the other 20 victims out of their face.
They could sit down and in 5 minutes look through the pages of forms dropped off or faxed by the shops. You get to feel like you are doing something and the cop has you out of his hair.
Lies, no such reporting requirements.

Everything stolen eventually ends up in pawn shops or scrap yards.
jessica

London, KY

#29 Jun 17, 2013
Old Timer wrote:
Where is this shop located?
on hwy 192 on the little road that runs behind mcdonalds right beside the spine and brain dr.
Angry Customer

Somerset, KY

#30 Jun 20, 2013
Sorry my ass! I had called a few weeks ago wanting to pay on my item that has been in pawn and which I had paid faithfully.. The owner first of all DOES NOT even call to tell me my item was stolen, I had to find out myself. Also they tell me there is no hope in getting my very expensive item back. I put a lot of trust and faith into this pawn shop. And I know things like this happen, but my item was "just laying on a shelf" for the world to see. No wonder It got stolen! I'm very upset with the way I was just "dismissed" when I called and was told there is NOTHING I can do. That I have no reason to call the police of insurance company because I won't be getting any money back for it anyways. Never again will I do business with them and I WILL be filing my own police report and contacting the insurance company MYSELF since nobody seems to want to do anything about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bush Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Burning GARBAGE is illegal (Feb '11) 6 min dianne 44
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 7 min Hmmmmmmm 4,905
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min American Lady 153,507
Guy at malfunction junction 25 min JFK 2
Wood creek water job 32 min lll 1
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr BTIAC 81,635
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 2 hr Serious 26,275
•••
•••
•••

Bush Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Bush People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Bush News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bush