Impeach Andrew

Batavia, NY

#1 Feb 21, 2013
This IDIOT that is Mayor is hell bent on disolving the Village of Medina. There will be NO SAVINGS in the end unless you get rid of the Fire Department and Ambulance Service, the Police Department, DPW and Clerk's office, then you'll see taxes go up in each town. Plus the Village can be a separate taxing district if the Town Government deems. He obviously is not for the Village OF MEDINA. Especially when he took the corner property off the tax rolls with his dream of restoring the old Opera House. The time has come to pack the next Village Board meeting and take back Village Goeverment from him! Show him that people are not in favor of this!
Mellow Yellow

Batavia, NY

#2 Feb 21, 2013
You won't see the village board meeting well attended. He has managed to alienate everyone and now no one cares what happens. Look at attendance...virtually none at the meetings except the P.I.G. classes that have to attend a meeting. Of course, no one knows when the meetings are because the schedule for meetings that was good enough for decades isn't good enough for him so he has changed it. Look at number of people running for office...no opposition in the upcoming election. No one wants to run because no one wants to be part of his agenda. The vote count will be pathetic. And the kicker...he wants to hire a village coordinator at 70,000-80,000 bucks a year. Where is that money coming from? The village clerk will be retiring and that will be a large amount but most of that will go to the new village clerk who will probably be the present deputy. So who is going to replace the deputy? And at what cost? Where is this money coming from? And frankly.....hiring a village coordinator because why? I'm guessing it is because the current village board, led by the king of agendas mayor Andy, can't do the job of running the village. And yet they continue on. Write in Clayton Ehrenreich for trustee....at least he cares enough about the village to run it correctly!
Andy rhymes with cuomo

United States

#3 Feb 21, 2013
How did this gay get to be so powerful around here? When is Schubel Meyer going to be run out on a rail?
Mellow Yellow

Batavia, NY

#4 Feb 22, 2013
What the hell is going on here? He is attempting to dissolve the village while advertising for a village coordinator. In the meantime, we as the highest taxed municipality in relation to home values in the US, are paying another $5000 for a grant. Couple that with the $10000 the village paid for the last grant to study 'consolidation' and its $15000 we have already wasted. And for what?

Let's hire a guy at $80,000, work him for six months and then tell him/her we are going out of the village business and so long. And by the way, here is a year's pay as severance.

In the meantime, village residents don't care and won't react. Sad the way this 'mayor' has shoved his agenda down our throats. I bet he laughs every time he looks out over the empty chairs at the village board meeting...which by the way is not held in the village as per his doing.
Keenan Arena

Batavia, NY

#5 Feb 22, 2013
Clayton is not the answer, he has to many health issues that people judge him for. We need concerned legitimate people young or old that love this Village and want to get involved with keepng it as a Village!
fowler44ny

Batavia, NY

#6 Feb 22, 2013
Don't feel bad, nobody goes to Lyndonville meetings either. Residents are just as disinterested in the government that takes money out of their pockets. Besides, nothing is happening there anyway.
Mellow Yellow wrote:
You won't see the village board meeting well attended. He has managed to alienate everyone and now no one cares what happens. Look at attendance...virtually none at the meetings except the P.I.G. classes that have to attend a meeting. Of course, no one knows when the meetings are because the schedule for meetings that was good enough for decades isn't good enough for him so he has changed it. Look at number of people running for office...no opposition in the upcoming election. No one wants to run because no one wants to be part of his agenda. The vote count will be pathetic. And the kicker...he wants to hire a village coordinator at 70,000-80,000 bucks a year. Where is that money coming from? The village clerk will be retiring and that will be a large amount but most of that will go to the new village clerk who will probably be the present deputy. So who is going to replace the deputy? And at what cost? Where is this money coming from? And frankly.....hiring a village coordinator because why? I'm guessing it is because the current village board, led by the king of agendas mayor Andy, can't do the job of running the village. And yet they continue on. Write in Clayton Ehrenreich for trustee....at least he cares enough about the village to run it correctly!
Apathy

Joplin, MO

#7 Feb 24, 2013
People complain talk big at the diner but when it comes to telling elected underlings what they think no interest or fortitude. Sad because most running things are very inept at their jobs.
fowler44ny wrote:
Don't feel bad, nobody goes to Lyndonville meetings either. Residents are just as disinterested in the government that takes money out of their pockets. Besides, nothing is happening there anyway.
<quoted text>
Why

United States

#8 Mar 5, 2013
I am surprise anyone runs when the only thanks is your inept. Give it a try. My guess with your leadership, a control board would be needed.
Try This

Joplin, MO

#9 Mar 9, 2013
If they are doing so good why cant they afford to keep operating the way they have been? Could it be that they are a bunch of DUMB A$$ES. They are not deserving of thanks.
Why wrote:
I am surprise anyone runs when the only thanks is your inept. Give it a try. My guess with your leadership, a control board would be needed.
Vote

United States

#10 Mar 16, 2013
Vote to dissolve all the Villages in New York State. Save some taxpayer money.
Dissolve

Allentown, PA

#11 Mar 23, 2013
Dissolve everything and start over.
Reboot

United States

#12 Mar 24, 2013
That's the only way to fix it complete reboot, but do NOT let anyone who has run anything before, been on any committees , held elected office, or any appointed boards near the new start. They will ruin it again in no time. They are to blame for all of this.
Dissolve wrote:
Dissolve everything and start over.
No Savings

Batavia, NY

#13 Mar 24, 2013
There will be no savings with a village disolution, ask Senenca Fall how much they are saving????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Cobblestone Inn Medina NY (Mar '17) Sep 17 Chortled 12
News Bills fans collecting memorabilia for devastate... Sep 3 terrr o 2
Lockport, NY. A good place to live? (Sep '07) Aug '17 Frank L 16
shannondoah farms (Aug '10) Jul '17 Tragic Indeed 122
News Young mother, seeking a new life, wants happy h... (Dec '11) Jun '17 Ghhhh 94
Who do you support for U.S. House in New York (... (Oct '10) Mar '11 geo 3
where I get my info from (Aug '10) Aug '10 Anonymous 1

Burt Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burt Mortgages