Two Accidents Slow I-55 In Burr Ridge

There are 2 comments on the NBC 5 Chicago story from May 2, 2008, titled Two Accidents Slow I-55 In Burr Ridge. In it, NBC 5 Chicago reports that:

Two separate accidents -- one involving a semi truck -- on the northbound I-55 near southwest suburban Burr Ridge have caused injuries according to State Police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5 Chicago.

Don

Cicero, IL

#1 May 2, 2008
How many more accidents have to occur at this location before the State does something about this area? This spot is a mess of multiple merge locations, with traffic coming off 294, Joliet Road, and the County Line Road ramps, not including the heavy traffic coming out and going into the city, all conglomerating at the same point. Not too different from the mess that was at the Eisenhower, 294 and Roosevelt Road locations.
Richard

Schaumburg, IL

#2 May 2, 2008
This road has always been a mess and always will be until there is a larger police presence. I used to routinely drive into Chicago on I-55 but the way people drive on this road made me stop. It is commonplace in the spring, summer and fall for a group of motorcycles to be doing in excess of 100 miles an hour, weaving in and out of traffic as they pass. And the cars are just as bad. Its a wonder more people are not killed on this road than what there are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burr Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Edward Moody (Mar '14) 4 hr Day 16
News Jury Sides with Sheriff's Cops in Lawsuit over ... 7 hr MILF ALERT 4
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 14 hr GOD IS KING 1,499
Review: Glitter Starz Inc Tue skylarc 6
New School Board Leaders May 4 ABCs 10
What happened to the Hillside Shopping Center? (Mar '08) May 3 Ken 553
News EEOC: Papa T's workers harassed (Oct '10) May 3 Datruthhurts 29
More from around the web

Burr Ridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE