Cook County Judge Sheila McGinnis taken off court duties after ...

Sheila McGinnis, 47, of Chicago will now perform administrative duties only, according to a release from Cook County Chief Judge Timothy Evans. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 08

Evanston, IL

#28 May 20, 2008
O eight is easy to break wrote:
She must have been pretty crocked to get arrested.
Had she smoked pot she would not be stupid to drive, pot is ok, liquor you drive better than anyone else!!!
jolt

Chicago, IL

#29 May 20, 2008
McGinnis is Mayor Daley's niece,and she is married to a ghost payroller named Brian McGinnis. His office was next to the infamous Christopher Kozicki former Deputy Commissioner of The Building Dept. Brian is the Director of Accountability and makes $120000 a year for filing,on the 11th floor of city hall. Tim Evans gave her preferential treatment at first. Noticing the potential public out cry Evans then put McGinnis on Administrative leave,when at first she was limited to hearing civil cases. The other Judges caught driving drunk were immediately placed on Paid Administrative leave. There are two sets of rules one for the Daley's and another for the regular guys.
Apollion

United States

#31 May 20, 2008
Kevin wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Just because she is Judge does not raise this to the level of felony. Refusal to take the breathalyzer test will result in the suspension of her license. She has been removed from her judicial duties and embarrassed by the publicity. The Supreme Court will probably assign the case to a Judge from another jurisdiction to hear. She'll get her hearings and the media will follow the case. She should get a fair hearing and be treated no differently than anyone else.
Right. like the Chicago cop that got into an accident while driving drunk. He didn't take the breathalizer and was aquitted for lack of evidence because no breatherlizer was done. She will be aquitted the same way
Apollion

United States

#32 May 20, 2008
Frank wrote:
I thought I heard that she had several tragic issues she was dealing with and this probably was an end result?
She must have deeper issues with the road rage. Hopefully she can get some help and resume a more productive role.
'Poor baby needs help!!!!!!!!!! she has issues!!!!It's societys fault!!! My baby daddy didn't give me no money so I had to steal!!! Thats the problem with the world today. You want to shift the blame and get her help. Everybody makes excuses for what they did but never takes their own weight.
Mscookies

La Porte, IN

#33 May 22, 2008
Public officials are not above the law. Whatever is done in the dark will be brought to light. Many people make the wrong choices by drinking and driving. It is a shame that as a judge you disreguard the same laws you punish others for breaking. If this woman keeps her position it is just outright wrong! Can her!
Glass House

Chicago, IL

#34 May 22, 2008
Not one to throw stones,but how does her husbands' connections with Daley reach into the forthcoming legal concerns with her.
chris

Lake In The Hills, IL

#35 Aug 21, 2008
She was the Judge for my DUI. Does anyone know if I can contact the Cook County BAR about this. It seems to me that some one that decided if I was in the wrong or not clearly doesn't have her mind clear for decision making abilities. I have a big problem with this. Was she drunk when she ruled against me?
jailed by sheila

Bedford, IN

#36 Dec 28, 2008
To "Diversity Wins Again", she is not black, she is white (note the Irish name, "McGinnis"), and I am one of her victims. She threw me in Cook County jail for 4 days after denying me a public defender when I didn't have a pot to piss in (and I'm a single parent).
She hands out cruel and unusual punishment, and I would like to see her serve punishment to the fullest extent of the law (the full one year in jail that she is supposed to receive).
She should get paid back for all the rotten rulings she set on other people, ruining their lives.
jailed by sheila

Bedford, IN

#37 Dec 28, 2008
To Chris, from Lake in the Hills:

I wondered the same thing you did, whether or not her being an alcoholic impaired her decision-making on the bench. I asked the lawyer who represented me (after Sheila turned me down for a public defender), and he said he checked into it, for me and many of his other clients who stood before her. He said he couldn't find anything regarding filing a complaint in that respect.
Nita

Chicago, IL

#38 Jan 25, 2009
opie wrote:
yeah i wonder how many peoples lives she has personally "touched" so she is not fired?? does she still make 100,000 a year plus to file paperwork in crook county sometimes i ask myself why i fought for this country.
I had my day in court with her and she threw me in jail for my first DUI and i didnt hit any one or anything. But sht still set my bond at 100,000 and i needed 10,000 to walk..Ironic huh?? So in the end with me in jail for 30 days, i lost my job, house,and car and i have four kids. So now i have not had a job since August of 2007 and my children and I are homeless...
Nita

Chicago, IL

#39 Jan 25, 2009
Mscookies wrote:
Public officials are not above the law. Whatever is done in the dark will be brought to light. Many people make the wrong choices by drinking and driving. It is a shame that as a judge you disreguard the same laws you punish others for breaking. If this woman keeps her position it is just outright wrong! Can her!
I agree bcuz she canned me..this is the same judge that threw me in jail for 30 days and set my bond at 100,000 for my DUI..ironic huh?? but its crazy how she still gonna get paid 150,000 ayear while I lost my job of three years.. I lost my health benefits and everything, and I have four children and bcuz of what she did to me i am now jobless and homeless...
Rick

Woodridge, IL

#40 Jul 22, 2009
So, you have been arrested only one time for DUI. How many times were you driving drunk however did not get caught?

It was a First Offender who hit my niece and her friends walking home from grammar school and she was in the hospital for months recovering.

More POWER to MADD...
O eight is easy to break wrote:
First offenses should not have draconian penalties, but they do thanks to MADD Zealots.
Madd should never get any public money or funds from taxpayers.
Blazer Hartman

Kingstown, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

#41 Aug 27, 2009
AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR EVERYONE
PLEASE READ ON:
I1. WAR: What does the Bible teach about true Christians getting involved in wars? Well, examining the Scriptures clearly shows us that NO true christian will take part in wars today. Isaiah 2:2 - 4 points out that in the last days God's people will NOT fight wars. We now live in those "last days." Hence, any religion that allows its members to join an army today to fight wars CANNOT be true religion. That is the fact. The Scriptures tell us that the war that true Christians fight today is a SPIRITUAL war, they "do not war after the flesh"(2 Corinthians 10:3, 4). If Christ and his apostles were on earth today, they certainly would not have participated in wars. They would never kill their brothers of another country in war. Make your own decision based on the Scriptures. Is it wise to belong to a religion that allows its members to join the army to fight wars? Be honest with yourself in answering that question. Remember: God's approval is what matters, NOT the approval of relatives, friends, or pastors etc.
2. USE OF BLOOD: People would accuse a particular religion for not giving or accepting blood in blood transfusion. They would refer to this religion as wicked for letting their children die due to not giving their children blood for transfusion purposes as they (the accusers) feel.(Yet, these accusers will allow their sons to join the army to fight wars that kill other soldiers and innocent civilians and yet these parents will say their sons are doing a fine job for their country. Is that being fair? Is it alright for religions to disobey God's command at Isaiah 2:2 - 4, killing people in wars, but wrong for a religion to obey God's command at Acts 15:20, 29 to avoid use of blood in transfusions? Please answer honestly. Of course, the religion referred to above seeks medical help for their children & other family members, without the use of blood. They do not wish to break God's Law on blood while seeking the best medical help available for their loved ones.) What do the Scriptures teach about blood use? Acts 15:20, 29 indicates to us very clearly that true Christians abstain from blood. Now what does "abstain" mean? In that same Scripture, Christians are told to "abstain from meats offered to idols...and from fornication". Does it mean that Christians must get involved in idolatry and fornication? Of course not! Abstaining from idolatry and fornication means that we keep away from these things, not practice them. So to abstain from blood MUST mean that we keep away from blood. We must not eat or drink it. It is wrong to eat blood pudding, blood sausage etc. It is also wrong to give or accept blood as in blood transfusions. Of course, other treatments are available for use in operations without using blood. Over 100 hospitals around the world perform operations without blood, including serious operations.(heart transplant, brain surgery etc) It is God who shows that it is wrong to give or accept blood for transfusions. Will you obey God's command to "abstain from blood"? Only YOU can answer that question. Again, DO NOT let anyone influence you in your view on blood use. Let GOD influence you, not relatives, friends, pastors etc. Is it wise to belong to a religion that disobeys God's law on blood at Acts 15:20, 29? Think about pleasing God, not about pleasing relatives or friends etc.
Friends, make your own decision, find out which religion obeys God on the above IMPORTANT matters. Be like the people who went to the Apostle Paul & others to find out about their (the apostles') religion. They did not allow others to make decisions for them.(Acts 28:22) Study the Bible for YOURSELF (Acts 17:11) Satan is a MASTER OF DECEPTION.
(2 Corinthians 11:14, 15) Truly Concerned,
Blazer.
www.watchtower.org
Resident

Monee, IL

#42 Aug 27, 2009
Blazer Hartman wrote:
AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR EVERYONE
PLEASE READ ON:
I1. WAR: What does the Bible teach about true Christians getting involved in wars? Well, examining the Scriptures clearly shows us that NO true christian will take part in wars today. Isaiah 2:2 - 4 points out that in the last days God's people will NOT fight wars. We now live in those "last days." Hence, any religion that allows its members to join an army today to fight wars CANNOT be true religion. That is the fact. The Scriptures tell us that the war that true Christians fight today is a SPIRITUAL war, they "do not war after the flesh"(2 Corinthians 10:3, 4). If Christ and his apostles were on earth today, they certainly would not have participated in wars. They would never kill their brothers of another country in war. Make your own decision based on the Scriptures. Is it wise to belong to a religion that allows its members to join the army to fight wars? Be honest with yourself in answering that question. Remember: God's approval is what matters, NOT the approval of relatives, friends, or pastors etc.
2. USE OF BLOOD: People would accuse a particular religion for not giving or accepting blood in blood transfusion. They would refer to this religion as wicked for letting their children die due to not giving their children blood for transfusion purposes as they (the accusers) feel.(Yet, these accusers will allow their sons to join the army to fight wars that kill other soldiers and innocent civilians and yet these parents will say their sons are doing a fine job for their country. Is that being fair? Is it alright for religions to disobey God's command at Isaiah 2:2 - 4, killing people in wars, but wrong for a religion to obey God's command at Acts 15:20, 29 to avoid use of blood in transfusions? Please answer honestly. Of course, the religion referred to above seeks medical help for their children & other family members, without the use of blood. They do not wish to break God's Law on blood while seeking the best medical help available for their loved ones.) What do the Scriptures teach about blood use? Acts 15:20, 29 indicates to us very clearly that true Christians abstain from blood. Now what does "abstain" mean? In that same Scripture, Christians are told to "abstain from meats offered to idols...and from fornication". Does it mean that Christians must get involved in idolatry and fornication? Of course not! Abstaining from idolatry and fornication means that we keep away from these things, not practice them. So to abstain from blood MUST mean that we keep away from blood. We must not eat or drink it. It is wrong to eat blood pudding, blood sausage etc. It is also wrong to give or accept blood as in blood transfusions. Of course, other treatments are available for use in operations without using blood. Over 100 hospitals around the world perform operations without blood, including serious operations.(heart transplant, brain surgery etc) It is God who shows that it is wrong to give or accept blood for transfusions. Will you obey God's command to "abstain from blood"? Only YOU can answer that question. Again, DO NOT let anyone influence you in your view on blood use. Let GOD influence you, not relatives, friends, pastors etc. Is it wise to belong to a religion that disobeys God's law on blood at Acts 15:20, 29? Think about pleasing God, not about pleasing relatives or friends etc.
Friends, make your own decision, find out which religion obeys God on the above IMPORTANT matters. Be like the people who went to the Apostle Paul & others to find out about their (the apostles') religion. They did not allow others to make decisions for them.(Acts 28:22) Study the Bible for YOURSELF (Acts 17:11) Satan is a MASTER OF DECEPTION.
(2 Corinthians 11:14, 15) Truly Concerned,
Blazer.
www.watchtower.org
You are a wack job.
Les Peterson

Hinsdale, IL

#43 Aug 30, 2009
Eye Watcher wrote:
Sure, let's see her record of punishment she gave for those having
a DUI in her court room. Our system
need an overhaul big time. I'm sick of hearing how Cops, lawyers, and Judges
skirt the very laws they want all to abide by.
Why judge the judge. We all make mistakes
Questionable

Seaford, DE

#44 Sep 15, 2009
chris wrote:
She was the Judge for my DUI. Does anyone know if I can contact the Cook County BAR about this. It seems to me that some one that decided if I was in the wrong or not clearly doesn't have her mind clear for decision making abilities. I have a big problem with this. Was she drunk when she ruled against me?
It probably would depend on the evidence they had on you. If you had a lawyer - and you should have - take it up with him/her.
Questionable

Seaford, DE

#45 Sep 15, 2009
Les Peterson wrote:
<quoted text> Why judge the judge. We all make mistakes
Yeah and some make money off them. There were a set of juvy judges out east that sent all kinds of kid offenders to rehab programs - problem was they weren't all in need of it and the judges were on the rehab's payroll.

When judges fail to adhere to the ethical, moral, and legal standards they swear to uphold it is more than just a "mistake"
sandy

Elk Grove Village, IL

#46 Dec 15, 2011
Judge Sheila McGinnis - found her way back from administrative duties back to being a judge, albeit a very unfair, unreasonable one. How can she hand down a two year order of protection against a grandparent who is not even asking for any rights? Her son had his order of protection dropped by another judge because this judge saw right through a soon-to-be ex wife's rant of false accusations yet Judge McGinnis won't even listen to her side of the story. I would NEVER vote for her and, in my opinion (and I'm sure many others), she should actually be removed fom her post.
Frank

Chicago, IL

#47 Feb 5, 2013
She has not changed one bit! Had a case in front if her and could tell she was getting thirsty last case of day she ruled on something I didn't say and she just wanted to get out of there! People like her should not be in a position to make life decisions for other people, since she can't make good decisions for her self. Chief judge Evans should fire her right away!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burr Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago Ridge Village Board 2015 (Apr '14) 8 hr Not GN 71
Warning! West central Berwyn is a restricted ar... 9 hr Police warning 7
Woman: Maywood cop 'took something from me' 13 hr Taxpayer for years 3
Square Celt Ale House and Grill to Open Monday ... 17 hr Craigggger 1
Dark Summit Haunt - DO NOT GO 21 hr Dracula60501 1
STORTZ is back (Mar '14) Sun Chester the Moles 16
Chicago 'Burb Dumping Fire Department Due to Pe... Sun Pug 3
Burr Ridge Dating
Find my Match

Burr Ridge Jobs