First Prev
of 9
Next Last
hockey mom

Chicago, IL

#181 Jul 27, 2013
Reggie, Well said, but we all know that it's never going to happen. That **shole will rot in hell first. He doesn't give a shit about the kids, he's all ego! I can't stand the b*stard, but I keep my mouth shut so my kid can continue to play there. Otherwise I wOuld tell him to go f*ck himself!
hockey dad

United States

#183 Aug 30, 2013
Hockey mom is right . She wouldn't be using language like that except that's the only way to describe R P and you better not say anything or you will be kicked out like many before. If you want your kids to play just write your check go to the fund raisers and shut your mouth
skater27

Chicago, IL

#184 Sep 8, 2013
Went to the " awards ceremony " today and found it sad that most kids didnt bother showing up, sadder is neither did a bunch of coaches. Then a senior commisioner allowed two of the Lightning kids ( the team captain and his alternate captain ) to get on the microphone and allow them to say so everyone can hear how they hate the championship Hawks then also say how one of the lightning wrote a " strongly worded letter " to a Hawks player. I had a small amount of respect for this commisioner before this, but now its all gone, very sad its getting the way it is there
Concerned

Chicago, IL

#185 Oct 25, 2013
Hockey Board must be concerned - they have dropped so much money over this summer to the fall, are they trying to cover up something? There has been more work done lately than the last 10 years.
Long timer

Stafford, VA

#186 Oct 26, 2013
I guess the new fence that went up two years ago, the new decking in the benches, the bleacher work, the new frig in the concession stand, all the annual painting, the siding on the benches, the new storage for the equipment etc....none of that cost any money....you are all a big bunch of babies......where else can a child pay winter hockey for 90 dollars get 14 or 15 games, a jersey, a trophy, play off's, Apparently something is getting done right because from what I hear its the largest season ever.....
hockey mom

Chicago, IL

#187 Oct 26, 2013
They can say what they want, about it bEing the largest season ever. Doesn't mean it's true. I've been part of the league for several years now. All though there are 28 teams and instructionals I think we have had larger years. They are trying to make changes and make things better for the kids, but none of the changes they make are going to make that much of a difference if the president didn't step down. He's just not a people person and most people don't like him. There is so much that could be done there if he would just leave.
Concerned

Chicago, IL

#188 Oct 27, 2013
Long Timer: You have to admit, after the debacle, Southwest Ball Hockey lost more than it gained. Without question! Southwest Ball Hockey lost great coaches, great families and players. Sure the numbers might be close, talent level is nowhere close to before, the league has taken a big tumble.
Happy Thanksgiving

Chicago, IL

#191 Nov 3, 2013
I heard the price of balls skyrocketed this year - like $1.75 a ball now. I do not think we will go with the yellow balls in cold weather - cost too much. Each team gets 12 balls, so right there is a huge cost. Balls are expensive.
Long Timer

United States

#192 Nov 3, 2013
If any one knew who their real friends were - people in this program have back stabbed others and then befriended them for their own benefit. From what I hear, Roberta gave up involvement because her mom is sick - I think you forget some expenses - insurance, jerseys, electric costs, trophies, banquet costs to name a few.....i also wonder how the named persons above feel about you calling them out on being accuses of stealing when they were not....do you have any clue how much the deck that the kids play on costs....I guess not.....its over $30,000 dollars and contrary to what you might think everything at the rink is made for by SWBH. The building was inspected and passed inspection by the Village of Alsip - keep trying to screw all the kids for the your own agenda.......nearly 400 kids and 99% of them just want to play hockey
Concession stand mom

Midlothian, IL

#193 Nov 3, 2013
The only agenda I have is to clear mine and the other ladies names, who put hours upon hours sitting in the concession stand after we are blamed for stealing. And Roberta didn't quit she was ousted.
Turkey Tom

United States

#194 Nov 28, 2013
Bad news for Southwest Ball Hockey, Oak Lawn Park District is starting an indoor league. No more rainy, snowy and cold days. It's in there brochure.
Uncle Rico

Chicago, IL

#195 Dec 2, 2013
I think CR should add a 40 and over division, I would love to play again.
Play ball

United States

#196 Dec 30, 2013
Uncle Rico wrote:
I think CR should add a 40 and over division, I would love to play again.
I like the idea of a 40 and older league (might need to dip to 35) let's get it started - the league should send an email to the parents and coaches. I bet there is enough interest for 4 teams League should require that you have some connection with the league - either a parent or coach
Interested

United States

#198 Apr 13, 2014
X player wrote:
<quoted text>
You can play in the adult league with the rest of us at Oak Lawn pavilion. You will also see lots of SWBH folks but no Pyznarski's
When do they play?
Bryan

United States

#200 Apr 24, 2014
truth layer wrote:
Discharged for sure. This little boy who's been hiding behind his mommy and daddy gifts whole life wouldn't know what to do in battle, let alone find fatigues that are actually small enough to fit him. I don't know one marine in history that comes home from boot camp and doesn't add much have to report to a recruiters office to do paper pushing. Maybe the few and the proud don't want some alleged pot smoking gamble-holloc representing the core. Until we see active papers, to us, yoJr no marine. Especially after you just dodged going out east.
Buck up little trooper last time we were together you could throw a disc pretty far, and accurate
Haha good one truth layer, make up shit about me from behind a computer screen with an alias, who's the real puszy here? Step up or step out coward.
Bryan

United States

#201 Apr 24, 2014
And you don't get anything until you appreciate the "corps" you fuvkin schmuck. And those who have died so you can hide there and post this garbage. God damn coward.
X player

United States

#202 Aug 23, 2014
Interested wrote:
<quoted text>
When do they play?
Friday nights

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burr Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 30 min FriendofKanka 50,042
Do you approve of Krzysztof (Kris) Wasowicz as ... (Apr '13) 5 hr Not a fan 4
why not ruin the village some more 5 hr FRANK AND GEORGE 1
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 8 hr Family Member 1,231
lupita villasenor (Feb '09) 8 hr friend 12
FBI investigating Oak Lawn Trustee Bob Streit (Dec '12) Mon Right NOW and THEN 22
Petition Walkers Mon Tea Partier 5

Burr Ridge Jobs

Burr Ridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Burr Ridge News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Burr Ridge

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]